Munitions chain gun

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Original Cryo boy, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

It does double damage on burning targets. Ticks 3 times on non burning enemies and ticks 6 times on burning enemies plus the higher damage from the PI. I'm assuming this is not intended as no other power does more than double damage with a PI
    • Like x 4
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Oh boy...bout to have a lot of munitions folks mad at you
    • Like x 1
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This has been known for quite some time, I think. Unless it's just in videos I've seen. That could be. I don't use it myself, just because the sound drives me crazy (same thing with that stupid sonic shout or scream or whatever).
  4. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Yeah I'm prepared for that. But it needs to be fixed. I get annoyed with people using exploits.
    • Like x 5
  5. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Bump bc this still isnt fixed. Ticks 3 times on not burning enemies and 6 times on burning enemies plus receiving the 10% damage increase from burning enemies
    • Like x 1
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You really are trying to get an angry mob after you huh?

Take it from someone with experience, being blamed for game changes aren't fun lol
  7. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

if its wrong fix it...i thought it was doing funky damage i got rid of it...i still do fine...its munitions after all..i dont think the times are right either...munitions seems on the fast side recharge wise...i twiddle my thumbs waiting on some powers from other sets...never with muni...always some gun i can whip out and shoot...if its too fast and too damaging fix it...this game needs fairness more than anything...
    • Like x 2
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Chain gun is the only thing keeping munitions on par with top hitters for single target. I'd say leave it. It's not grossly OP or anything.
    • Like x 1
  9. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Maybe for single target but if done correctly its top dps in aoe situations and its completely mindless, full range, uninterruptible channeling attacks one after another. It's not like it'd suddenly become sorcery or something if chain gun was fixed.

This has been mentioned in several threads and theyvw nevwr acknowledged it. No "its working as intended more than double damage is totally what we wanted" (which would be weird). No "we'll look into it" just silence.

Bring on the angry mob. If they arent too busy asking what the best dps is and buying power change tokens that is.
    • Like x 2
  10. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

There's a lot of things need fixin', but they're happy with balance ATM.
    Screw with that; and they'll have to add damage elsewhere to bring it back to balance.
  11. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Except its almost the unanimous number 1 dps in the game not a balanced dps. For the recors I don't care that its the best. Some power has to be. I care that its bugged and therefore the number one power scoreboard chasers switch to.

Everyone who was prec before this dlc is switching to munitions to maintain top of the boards.
    • Like x 1
  12. Xibo Loyal Player

To be honest, Munitions is cheese because of it.

Earth is cheese too but i don't know why.
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I'm down to fix it, BUT smoke bomb and flurry shot needs the same attention. If they won't fix one, no reason to fix the other.
  14. Maxwell New Player

Screw the angry mob, why does some powers have to be in melee range to maximize their dps but munitions can be far and still compete with the powers that have to be in melee range stat revamp fail. Just revert powers back to how it was at paradox wave took skill to melee the bosses with high damage reward.
  15. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Jackhammer spamming, maybe?
    • Like x 2
  16. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

This has gone from a comment about Chaingun hitting extra when using a PI; to a veiled call to nerf Munitions. That was quick.
    And we're still on page 1. My opinion is to drop it; before the thread gets banned.
  17. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Yeah this isnt at all what I was going for. Fireburst ticked for double damage for like a year before the devs noticed it and fixed it. I'm just trying to call attention to the same bug on another burning PI move.
    • Like x 3
  18. Maxwell New Player

nobody called for what you're saying in your post i'm just saying no angry mob has any right to go after the OP if they want to exploit and the developers failed in balancing some powers. So you might want to remove that word from this thread.
    • Like x 1
  19. RLManuel Committed Player

I know what power I’m switching to... :p
  20. Perdition Committed Player

Its because of Entomb, that SC is a bit out of wack to say the least. Play Entomb III head mod, extended supercharge chest, and sinds earth is like the only power that can clip its SCgen in a rotation, you have your loadout right there.