Augments Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Trexlight, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Trexlight Devoted Player

Hey everyone!

Augments are coming and while I didnt make a guide here on the forums, I did create one over on the new DCUO Source Wall website. I'll keep an update here in this thread with what I add for each change and i hope this information you all find it helpful coming into the Launch of Augments

https://www.dcuosourcewall.com/augments/

Update July 12th, 2018
    - Added Exobyte Plans
    - Updated MK # Type Exobyte Charts
    - Added Adaptive Augments section (WiP)

Update July 13th, 2018
    - Updated Feats Section
    - Updated Origin Augments section: Added Ranks 24 and 217 pictures and Implant Icons.

*UPDATE* - July 15th, 2018
    Added Icons to Augments section
    Added Rank 0 to Cybernetic Augments
    Added Exobyte Booster Section
    • Like x 19
  2. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Thanks for the guide Trex! You ovb put in a lot of work on this. I appreciate it.
    • Like x 6
  3. ChillCat Loyal Player

Thank you, Trex. Your efforts are VERY much appreciated. I'm looking forward to seeing what you publish.

I'm sure it will be top quality!
    • Like x 5
  4. SethStar New Player

Thank you for putting this together. That's a lot of work and we appreciate it.
    • Like x 5
  5. Eve YouTuber

Great job Trex, very helpful guide.
    I appreciate that alot!
    • Like x 3
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

Update July 13th, 2018
    - Updated Feats Section
    - Updated Origin Augments section: Added Ranks 24 and 217 pictures and Implant Icons.
    • Like x 1
  7. EP Ice Loyal Player

Thank you Trex! This is really going to help me and probably a lot of others as well!!
  8. Trexlight Devoted Player

*UPDATE* - July 15th, 2018
    Added Icons to Augments section
    Added Rank 0 to Cybernetic Augments
    Added Exobyte Booster Section
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

As we get closer to the Augments Launch, there still a lot of information that only one man can do so much. For those running alts in various lower Tier content and those reaching higher Ranks in Adaptive, i do need your help.

- Various Gear in the Lower CR content have different Item Levsl. I need Item Level, which content did the Gear drop and which Mark (MK) type it is.

- In Lower Content I'll need the XP for the various Flawed Exobytes. Definitely missing a lot.

- Screenshots of the Adaptive Augments At their Breakthrough Ranks 15, 18, 21 and 23. Make sure you arent in the Stat Clamped Areas and just highlight/mouse over the Augment in the top left hand corner and I just need to capture the Information Tooltip so i can crop it out for the Guide.

Any other suggestions or things I missedo n the Guide that you feel is pertinent information, you can post it here in this thread and I'll be watching it and I'll add it to a section. Thanks everyone for the support and i'll see you all in game.
  10. UnbreakableII Well-Known Player

Is there any way to recover MOD VII Expert from gear?
  11. muellersascha Well-Known Player

Awesome guide! Thank you!
  12. Agate Active Player

I didn't see this in the guide (thank you for the guide!). If not, maybe a short leveling strategy guide section would help.

Is there any advantage to leveling up one augment at a time vs keep all 4 about the same level?

It seems that there's no point in leveling the Adaptive augments until you have the Origin Augments maxed out. Or do I have that backwards because the Adaptive Augments give so much more of a benefit, though for only a limited time?
  13. Trexlight Devoted Player

Its probably best to get your Origin Augments Maxed out first then focus on the Adaptive. The Cybernetic Augments will all be used on your Adaptives so its not like they arent getting leveled per say. Ive been using the Exo-boosters on my Adaptive and regular MK Exobytes on Origins. Thats my method. Whether its right or wrong, thats really a choice on the player cause its their toon and their choice and I'll respect their process. But for advice, Origin max out first then the Adaptives.
  14. UnbreakableII Well-Known Player

What is the maximum level for the original augments?
  15. Trexlight Devoted Player

The Origin Augments Max at Rank 217 which is the highest Item Level for Episode 32 I believe. The Adaptive Augments Max Rank is 23. When Episode 33 launches later this year the Origin Augments new Max Rank will Match that Episode's Highest Item level.
    • Like x 1
  16. George00 Active Player

Is it possible to transfer augments? I was a controller and my 4 origin augments are all vitalization with 200+ rating. Can I transfer these to restoration augments or do I have to restart my restoration augments at level 0?
  17. Trexlight Devoted Player

You cant transfer XP in any way. If you say switch Powers from Controller w/ your Rank 200+ Origin Augments to Healer, your Restoring Augments will still be at Rank 24 and you'd have to level them up.

Its basically the same as if we still had the old Modding ways. You made all those Vit Mods and now switched to Healer, you'd have to farm and make Resto Mods.
  18. TheDrone Well-Known Player

All of the various "Scraps" from Episodes 15-26 are now designated "Obsolete R&D Items". Does that mean that the Style crafting associated with them was completely removed or were those plans moved to a different vendor?
  19. Trexlight Devoted Player

The Crafting of Enhanced gear like from TCs only requires the Motes from the TCs. The crafting of Mods and such were removed. The Scraps were removed as well and are no longer dropping or sold. Only way to get that gear now is from Drops in content.
  20. Vagrant Committed Player

Video I made might also help those.