DCUO Announces New Episode: ATLANTIS

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

ANSWER THE KING'S CALL IN ATLANTIS THIS FALL

DC Universe Online's next major content release will bring players to Aquaman's undersea kingdom. The new episode, ATLANTIS, will launch this November.

[IMG]
    DC Comics' Aquaman Vol 8. #31, 2018

NEW EPISODE: ATLANTIS

In ATLANTIS, rebellion is festering deep beneath the sea. Aquaman reigns as king, but for how long? The tide is shifting, Corum Rath and his Deluge conspirators seek to seize the throne, and soon Atlantis itself will be thrown into chaos and war.

Players will journey to Atlantis to quell the rebellion, where the fate of the kingdom and perhaps of two worlds - land and sea - hang in the balance.

SJ'S TAKE: "ATLANTIS y'all. I know everyone - me included - has been wanting to visit Aquaman and Mera's home, and I'm so glad we get to finally take the plunge. The team is going all out on this one, just like we did with Teen Titans, and it's going to be a blast." - SJ Mueller, DC Universe Online Creative Director

JACK'S TAKE: “From the magic of Arion to the dystopian future of Flashpoint, Atlantis has always been at the center of DC Comics history. It is beyond exciting to be able to bring this world to life in DC Universe Online. I can't wait for everyone to see what we have built.” - Jack Emmert, Daybreak Head of Games

THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT ATLANTIS:
    • Atlantis will be a large-scale episode and event, with level-agnostic event versions of content available for a limited time.
    • The episode will feature new and returning heroes and villains, including Aquaman, Mera, Aqualad, Ocean Master, Corum Rath, Murk, and more.
    • The storyline will include a variety of singleplayer and multiplayer adventures set for the first time in the undersea kingdom of Atlantis.
    • The episode will launch new player rewards, including new gear, styles, base items, and feats.
    EPISODE 33: ATLANTIS will launch this November on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

[IMG]
    DCUO Atlantis Work-In-Progress, 2018

Questions or comments? Join the discussion!
    • Like x 38
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Can't we have a break on Aquaman at least two DLCs? :/

It's cool, but really would want variety.
    • Like x 13
  3. SuperHarley Active Player

Is this REAL LIFE? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Will Atlantis be underwater? ANYWAY, THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!

NO, IT'S SUPER GREAT!!!
    • Like x 5
  4. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER GREAT!!!
  5. Blazing Bacon Well-Known Player

If it's like Deluge, then Super Decent
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I would have been super excited for this, but episode 32 has left me feeling like I’m no longer wanted.
    • Like x 3
  7. Eve YouTuber

I'm hyped! Wanted to visit Atlantis for so long. Didn't expect it today- literally made my day! :D
    • Like x 4
  8. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

9. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  10. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Yasss so excited!!! This is a long time coming and a DCUO dream come true!!

My requests:
    ~ Don't force us in drysuits or whatever breather thingies you have planned please.
    ~Arthur and Mera Hairstyles
    ~Don't leave out Tula, Dolphin, Siren, Tempest
    ~Trident/Quindent Styles
    ~Please update the Atlantean Soldier NPC's to their actual looks and not the remora stuff, especially that now we're venturing into Atlantis it would be lovely if we got accurate armors!

That is all and THANK YOU.
    • Like x 15
  11. RealTegan Dedicated Player

In Atlantis? I'm so there.

Ok, you guys are (mostly) forgiven for leaving Aqualad out of the Titans episode.

Please please please have plenty of single-player stuff to do. And a nice single-player bounty daily with loot box. That's my wish list.

Oh, and make an alert at least as good as in Titans, because that alert rocked it.
    • Like x 4
  12. SuperBell Loyal Player

I hope we get to swim.
    • Like x 5
  13. SuperBoyPrime91 Active Player

[IMG]

Edit: Look at the good side, Mepps liked your post, LOL.
    • Like x 1
  14. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I hope we swim, and if we underwater get a mouth breather, not a full suit, and if we are water power, we shouldn’t need rebreather ( ok probably too much for the last one but it be sweeeet) :)
    • Like x 2
  15. Tarif Committed Player

Been wanting a full Atlantis for awhile, not just being in rooms and levels "in" Atlantis.

Hopefully we get an open world IN the ocean, interacting around andthrough Atlantis.

You should also let us ride on sea creatures and vehicles so we can attack other players with them in an open world pvp version. Animal and vehicle combat open worlds. Would. Be. Sweet.

You know, Sharks, Whales, Mini-Subs, Giant Squids, Turtles with Rocket launchers on their backs, Fire breathing stingrays...

I aint askin for much. ; )
    • Like x 3
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

...Sharks with fricking laser beams on their heads? :D
    • Like x 9
  17. DCUO Post Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 14
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Damn, it actually really annoys me that I so very nearly got the quote right word for word. :D
    • Like x 5
  19. Proxystar #Perception

No, No, No, No, No, No, No.

Too much Aquaman, too soon... :(

After Deluge I was enjoying Teen Titans... I do not want to go back to the pineapple under the sea! I am not ready

[IMG]
    • Like x 9
  20. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

Release date for the AQUAMAN movie: December 21. No connection there. Nope. Nah ah.
    • Like x 6