Is the rare style vendor dead?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DC Urban, Jul 18, 2018.

1. DC Urban Committed Player

Just a simple yes or no from a dev will suffice. If so, that is all I wanted to know, no flames from me. If not, great!!!

I am preoccupied with work and other mmo, I don't have time to grind through alerts or wait for nearly an hr in a que. I believe I commented on a thread regarding long que times recently.

One of the best features in any superhero mmo is customization. I don't want to be the strongest guy. If an altoholic like me can look cool at 50CR, I am fine with that. Shoot, my mains have a tough time getting many styles, notably the drops.
    • Like x 1
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It's safe to assume they stopped updating it, which no one knows why
    • Like x 6
  3. Kuno Loyal Player

I'm so against this. Been wanting Nuclear and Gorgon Slayer pieces on some alts for so long... it sucks that they stopped updating those vendors. And we dont even have dropped styles for Style Unlock. It's a lose / lose situation.
    • Like x 3
  4. StealthBlue Loyal Player

They stopped updating it during monthly episodes, because you had the ability to craft the rare drops (as gear). But that option didn't continue into AF3 and beyond. During the monthly content, the rare drops were best in slot, but in AF3 and on the best gear is in the vendor. So you don't have a backup method to get rare drop styles in AF3 through RwC. After that, the episodes were open in an event version to everyone, and the rare drops for end game were available on the episode vendor (at lower item levels).

With yesterday's update, it's my understanding that the ability to craft the monthly rate drops was removed. So we should get new a backup meeting of obtaining them. That would just leave blood Bat (for heroes) and the Gorgon Slayer style from AF3. Blood Bat is a bit of an oddball though, it's on the villains PvP style vendor, and has a (slim) chance to drop from promethium lock boxes.
    • Like x 4
  5. XEMD Well-Known Player

I wish they'd update it. Lol.
    • Like x 2
  6. DC Urban Committed Player

Dang, you are right. Well there goes my plan lol. I was thinking Gorgon and atomic on low level toons but dropped styles are not part of the style unlocking. I don't know what is going on up there, but I will just keeping playing my other mmo rotation until they get this style thing together.
    • Like x 1
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Gotta keep in mind that the Rare Style vendor starts working like Vendor 00 after a certain point. I didn't have the Vesture or Energy Armor sets show up on the Rare Style vendor until I got around/near the CR for that content, and the same happened with Shock Jock and the Black Hand-inspired gear.

It may be a matter of just waiting for style unlocking to include the styles on the Rare Style vendor.
    • Like x 1
  8. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I think there was a mention of not updating the rare vendor but never know, they say one thing but things change down the road.
  9. DC Urban Committed Player

I hear you Willy, but for those who do not get the drops or long ques before getting the 'Disconnect" message when you afk too long. The vendor was a good way to farm marks and avoid drop rate woes. i think it should be updated, that is all.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Agreed especially the gorgon style(since the dlc can out in the end of 2016), ran into a higher cr in UT on my free 170alt a few days ago and he was telling us, the group, he couldn't get the last gorgon style he needed, which I can relate to, since I was running it every day for the waist for awhile
  11. Noble One Committed Player

update phase 3 is coming i think this month.
    • Like x 1
  12. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Come on darlin. We know why lol
    • Like x 1
  13. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Yup, next week sometime
    • Like x 1
  14. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Waiting for Gorgon feet to drop since day one AF3.
    • Like x 1
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

We don't have them YET. You're speaking as if they have announced that style unlocking is dead and will not go any further than it has, when no such thing has happened.

Mepps already mentioned that Game Update 86 is coming this week...style unlock phase 3 is coming in August...oh hey look, we're in August and a Game Update is coming....I wonder what's going to be in this Game Update. :rolleyes:

Just because things aren't coming at the speed you'd like doesn't mean they aren't happening.
    • Like x 1
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Just as an update of sorts to my experiences with styles showing on the Rare Style vendor, it seems like Episode 20 was the cutoff. I picked up the Shock Jock set on a character this evening, and after double-checking to make sure the next vendor was available to me I hit the Rare Style vendor to see if anything new was there.

No dice. The Herald of the Black gear was still showing on the Rare vendor but no Electrostatic or anything else. So from what I can tell, the Rare Style vendor got as far as Energy Armor and Herald of the Black, but nothing after that.
  17. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

I like the new signature
    • Like x 1
  18. DC Urban Committed Player

It sucks when your highest toon has like 70ish CR and you want to enter prime-battle group in a pug for the prime styles, but you get disconnected due to being afk too long.

These style unlocking phases are great for people whom were playing frequently since they started doing dlc, when the old ones were hot. So they can just recall "Oh yeah, I got that style 4 years ago on one of my toons." Now, older alerts are dead. Need another way.