Iconics video call

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Thundermancer, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Thundermancer New Player

What happened with the video calls we used to get from the Iconics? Wonder Woman and Batman doesn't have their moving, talking heads anymore but instead a still image that doesn't even fit in with the general art direction of the game.

Steel, still has his moving talking head when you are doing missions for him. I'm probably late bringing this up but it annoys me and I just wonder why this downgraded change?
  2. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

They ditched it awhile ago (e3 maybe?) when they updated some character models (supes) while mentioning that only some video calls were removed. I think that meant they would further remove the ones they had missed in the sweeping change, but I’m not sure that’s confirmed. They probably skipped the videos retroactively and going forward versus having to replace all the old supes video calls.
    • Like x 1
  3. Thundermancer New Player

Thank you for the clarification!

It's a shame though because the still images look really, really "alpha" at least to me. They look like placeholder images.
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, blame it on the release of SuperOdo (aka Super Plastic-man)
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I think the reason was because the communicator heads are their own models, fully rigged and animated to talk, with higher resolution textures and models than their in-game NPC counter-parts. It means that every time they want to do a communicator message the traditional way, they have to make a unique communicator head. Which is resources that could be put to better use elsewhere.

I quite like them, tbh. I prefer them to *generic icon*, or "sillouette of mystery character, who was revealed a month after his debut", or "Calculator here, guiding you through the DLC because we don't have a communicator head available for the New Gods". It was quite cool being guided by Ocean Master/Mirror Master.
    • Like x 2
  6. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

Yeah, it is interesting that on the Hero side Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman have had their *Talking Heads* removed while on the Villain side Circe, Lex and Joker still have their heads moving and talking.
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I prefer the talking heads. The still pics were a downgrade in my opinion. Kind of like Supermans new look.
    • Like x 1
  8. Synisterstrike Active Player

Am I the only one that heard "Off with their heads!" when I read that? :D
    • Like x 1
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Was thinking more this great band
    • Like x 2