Re: Current and Upcoming Events and Content in DC Universe Online

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

It's nice you do this. But you didn't post ANYTHING we didn't know already. When you guys started doing this, you were letting us know about things your currently working on, whats coming up soon, and also what you guy are planning to add or change or redesign MONTHS or even a Year ahead.

Currently your wasting time updating it to tell us things up to July 18? come on? don't need a thread to tell us what you have been talking about and what we have been testing already.

If your gonna have a thread like this, go back to the old platform. Current -> Coming Soon -> and Future idea and plans.
    • Like x 2
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They only announce things when they're ready to. They don't announce far future additions in the event that plans change and players get disappointed (ie Water Powerset, Style Unlocking).
    • Like x 4
  3. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

That thread isn't meant to be a look into the far future, it's just an official reference for dates and releases that have been announced already. If they want to reveal something new they'll make an announcement or drop some leaks and not leak it through the schedule thread.
    • Like x 5
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It's for the people that are always asking "when is *insert event here* ending/starting??" Not meant as a peak into their future plans. They made it clear they're not leaking anything until they're sure it's going happen according to plan.
    • Like x 7
  5. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

If it's been announced, then why re-announce it in another thread? If a release date is announced for something, it would be in that thread and don't need to be reposted in another useless thread.
    • Like x 2
  6. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

If those people don't know when something is released or when an event is starting or ending. They don't read the forums anyway and don't need another thread.

I would like to see future plans or even things that they are thinking about or trying to implement with a disclaimer that what listed may or may not be possible, (or something to that effect.)
  7. Gimpy Loyal Player

If you're talking about this thread,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...nts-and-content-in-dc-universe-online.283516/

take notice that it is always at the top of the page while the rest of the "announcements" are sorted by the date of the last comment.
    The date of the last comment moves a thread location up or down on the list.

Having that 1 thread you seem aggravated by in the same location every single time means the info is easily found without doing a search that may or may not lead a person to what they are looking for.

About seeing a list of "future plans" or "ideas" they may have,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

that isn't going to happen any more after the multiple times of changing their minds and the following ire and venom they received by doing so.

Believe it or not, there's quite a few who only come to the forums for that info, and have never posted a single time.

If you don't mind searching for dates and times through multiple announcements then by all means avoid the page that contains the 1 thread that has your underwear in a bunch.
    • Like x 1
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

They've tried that before, many times. Some devs have even regularly put in some kind of "this is subject to change" disclaimer at the end of their posts to get that point across.

But it doesn't work. No matter what they do, no matter what they try, you still have players breaking out the pitchforks and torches when those plans change, claiming that the devs "promised" something and generally acting like everything the devs say is a solemn vow etched in stone.

I honestly don't blame the devs for their current tactic of waiting until something is ready before they announce it.
    • Like x 4
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The point of the thread is to, in one place, keep track of all dates that have been announced. It's fair to criticize how far in advance we announce things, but the thread itself is unimpeachable.
    • Like x 6
  10. nawanda Loyal Player

My issue isn’t that I want to know everything in advance, it is that there simply isn’t enough content.

Why is it that in 2016, Daybreak could deliver two pieces of content every month, of which one was either an alert or a raid, and now they have all these extra cash grabs, the amount of content has actually shrunk down to 2 DLCs (of average size and containing about 50% recycled maps) a year and some bits of filler?

Too much time spent tinkering with stats and character mechanics and playing superhero dress up and not enough for those characters to do.
    • Like x 2
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

What, is there a shortage of ASCII such that it needs to be carefully saved?

If the standard on the DCUO forums is that threads must be "useful," that eliminates 90% of existing threads at any given time.

Not to mention that having all the relevant information in one place about what's coming up obviously is useful and far more convenient for people to consult than to force them to have to search the forums for announcements using the search function and inevitably miss some.

Seriously, of all the problems in the world, and all of the things one could complain about in DCUO, having a convenient listing of announcements is the hill you want to fight over?

If a thread needs to be "necessary" to be posted in the forums, one might wonder why this very thread is "necessary." It's a standard with no connection whatsoever to reality.
    • Like x 2
  12. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

i also remember when we we would get New Episodes every 3 months, and 1 or 2 DLCs inbetween. So basically we would get something new every month or month and a half. And we got new toys and stuff with every new content.

Now all we get is new cash grabs like the pay to play TCs, or Event gear that give no stats but you spend replays to get which again is a cash grab for replays.

Give us quality content again like the old days when this game wasn't so boring. I'll never stop playing, but the old Ep/DLC delivery system and NO CASH GRABS was the way to go.
    • Like x 1
  13. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Since when did we get an (Episode) (?) AND 1 or 2 (DLCs) (?) at the same time? Or in between?

Correct me if Im wrong. Im just a little confused by your post.

You do realize Episodes are DLCs right?
    • Like x 4
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Maybe he means GUs instead of DLCs. New powers, etc., etc.
    • Like x 1
  15. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Yea, sorry, meant GU's.
    • Like x 1
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

i wonder when the next round of style unlocking is done... used it quite a lot so far, it is just that there are still just a few styles added and there are many more i would be interested in... hopefully, the style unlocking is making enough revenue to be looked at as a succes$ and for that, deemed worthy to continue...

at least i have to admit i was more playing dress up lately with alts than i was actually playing anything else...
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What year did this happen??? What were the circumstances behind it??? The way you're putting it, it almost sounds like this was an ongoing problem as opposed to "possibly" a year where things were in flux. I await your answers.
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

We get game updates every month. We weren't getting new powers with every game update...otherwise we'd be at way over 15 powers. And not every GU had some new goody to play with...a lot of them were bug fixes and quality of life updates.
    • Like x 1
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They're working on a lot of things....and when you're talking about styles which involves a lot of codes, it takes time...especially if you're trying to avoid breaking the game (which we've seen is very easy to do).
    • Like x 1
  20. stärnbock Devoted Player

i see... there are more complicated styles than others and they have different amounts of code wich needs to be done correctly... well, i guess it is best when they take the time for it, just as they are appearantly doing. no stress ^^ just that i realy look forward to more of it!
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.