Put LFG back on default tab

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It's been asked for before, but yet ran into another end tier player last night who didn't know how to turn LFG on.

I'm thinking a lot of the problem has to do with people not knowing how to navigate chat settings and turn on LFG, which would have to do with it having a low amount of usage.

Would it be possible to add LFG back by default, but put it on it's own separate chat tab so it doesn't clog the main chats? Please and thank you.
    • Like x 10
  2. dresserball Dedicated Player

Is it people don't know how to get to lfg or they don't care to look it up?

I am for your idea, but I think your opinion may be skewed
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

People don't care to look up a lot of things in this game, such as how their powers work or the mechanics of an instance. Doesn't mean they won't use it if it was easier to access though.
    • Like x 3
  4. dresserball Dedicated Player

You can say that about a number of things in game. Perhaps they should get into a league that can help them navigate the chat options.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Or just ask someone for general help.
  6. dresserball Dedicated Player

You ever ask for help with shout? I asked for tips and they yell eat a$$. Most are not helpful
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I agree 100% with Fatal's request. The problem, like a number of others in game, is the lack of a really good tutorial that teaches new players these sort of things. I'll be honest at 7+ years in game I don't even remember exactly how or when I "discovered" the LFG but it certainly wasn't anything that was as simple as reading a quick note letting me , or anyone else, know it existed. Probably happened because some other player was either just talking about it in say or shout OR some one actually told me it existed. Give it IT"S on tab like the Combat and Loot tabs we have now and that way it would still be up to the individual player if they want to change setting so the LFG chat shows up constantly in general chat.

Let's be honest here.... you have COMBAT and LOOT as permanent separate tabs and how many players never even look at them? Most of at some point use that combat tab while we are testing out powers to determine exactly which attacks we want in out loud out but at some point after we decide what gives us the best damage in the shortest amount of time we may never go near that tab again.. It's not like the dev team adds new attack power choices to powers every couple of months. As for the LOOT? Well let's see ... Any armor drops or just about anything else we get as a reward shows up in reward boxes and on the Summary we get after a boss battle so do we really NEED a default tab available so we can check to see how much in game cash we just got for defeating that lone Envy Imp in the Wastelands? LOL Probably not.

Now these days we not only have all the holiday events.... Halloween, Winter, Valentine's Day, Spring, Summer, and the Anniversary which mean anyone above level 10 can and in many cases are out there running missions that any player can from level 10 to CR 240 can join the exact same team to run the missions (both daily or the alerts). But ever since Age of Justice those exact same ten levels have limited access to the event versions of end game content and when you are looking to form a team to defeat anywhere from 411 to 99 mob members, take out daily or weekly bounties, or even just zip around the zone clicking on baby Starros or blasting Contaminated Crystals do you really care if that extra set of attacks you have is a 11 level or a Cr 238? Seems to me a permanent tab for LFG would get a lot more use than that loot tag.

Not to beat a dead horse TOO much but if players are showing up at end game and have no clue how to access and use the LFG .. Sort of another indication of how allowing a brand new player to spend $45 and skip all kinds of content hurts the game. I realize that's NOT going to change anything since Daybreak wants the cash from those sales so nothing is going to change.. /Climbing down off soap box.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

True but have you ever seen how many leagues are run by equally useless people?
    Edit: My previous comment was directed to asking a single person who appears helpful (ie. Someone you play with regularly or a random duo partner who says "Hi" before jumping into the first wave of adds). Everyone here knows Shout chat is cancer.
    • Like x 1
  9. Mazahs Loyal Player

Sorry that happened to you, but not what I've experienced. For the most part people will help if it's an genuine question.
    What I see is people asking stupid stuff that a quick Google search would have told them.
    • Like x 2
  10. DaBatmanX Well-Known Player

Been playing for years and just discovered the lfg tab this year or least just discovered how useful it was
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay I seriously agree with this posting..... Over the years i have see way too many poor new players make the HUGE mistake of getting on shout in Metropolis or Gotham. or even the Watch Tower and asking one of those "NOOB" questions and in the time it takes for half a dozen or so players to belittle them and tell them things like "go google it" They could have actually answered the players question. We have a number of players that take a good bit of delight in abusing new players.

Heck one day I warped onto the Watch Tower and a new player has experienced that bug where you arrive in a now portion of a map before everything has the chance to rez and he found himself outside the space station and had no clue how to get back in. He asked for help and 3-4 players not only were abusing him for NOT knowing but were giving him bogus advice that would not have gotten him back inside at all. I got on shout and told him to just "pull up your map and click warp to rally point" Took me a whole minute to do and the guy was back inside. The same 4 idiots that were taking pleasure it toying with the new" guy started in on me for ruining their fun. I got to the portal I wanted to access and left the Watch Tower.

ASKING FOR HELP in shout on this game is an open invitation to abuse. Unfortunately

Now sadly while this is true its not always the answer. If we are talking a brand new player who has no friends in game that have been here a while they probably do not even realize Leagues exist yet.
  12. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Too many players don't even know it exists...
    • Like x 2
  13. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

No devs, please don't do this.

The reason should be apparent. In the same thread that some are asking for LFG to be default, they are describing how toxic simply asking an innocent question in shout can turn out.

LFG just increases elitism and abuse of other players.
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Wut
    • Like x 1
  15. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

AGAIN going to agree with Fatal....

When we are talking about players abusing newer players we are talking about SHOUT in zones like Gotham, Metropolis or the Watch Tower. See a little of it in safe houses as well but no where near as much since most players run in there, sell the stuff they've accumulated talk to the next contact they need to (if the contact is even there) and then rush off to the next missions or the safe house where that next contact is sitting.

The LFG gets a little racial content once in a while but with the limit on the size of a post you can put there its normally all players either building a team or looking for one to join. Now unless you are using some of the outrageous requirements some team leaders come up with for joining their team... These include Cr so high the mission is practically not relevant anymore and those really high demands for SP. Thing is a LOT of us ignore those Team Leaders anyway because.. what those sort of requirements usually translate to is "Hi I have barely enough CR to even think about doing this mission and almost NO SP myself. Can all of please carry me from beginning to end so i can get lots of cool armor and stuff?"

Other than a few like that LFG is mostly all business. Not sure where you get the idea it promotes Elitism. Its a TOOL that any and all players can use to find and join teams to run missions. It gets used a lot more by a lot more players than the loot and combat tabs we have currently attached.

Now you want to talk abusive lets talk the trade ****. MAYBE it has gotten better but that had so much abusive language and so many players trolling trying to start fights the devs removed it. Maybe that's what your think ing about?
    • Like x 1
  16. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

it's a game that included a console version at launch. it plays to console sensibilities. UI is not a challenging puzzle for console users. especially user that had not played a RPG and liked DC comics. Chat... it's virtually a VR game, foreign and not likely to be used.

which makes me wonder wtf was Cao thinking with his experience with Everquest? Did it never have a good LFG menu GUI??
  17. Xibo Loyal Player

If there is any abuse, the person should be denounced and be banned but the newest can't be punished to not have the LFG chat by default.
  18. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Honestly, If I tell a player to use google. I am trying to help them because a lot of players do not realize how much information that can find.

[IMG]

Now if they said they tried and cannot find anything I grab a pole and start helping them more. but............. I try to get them to be self reliant first.
  19. Yes We Can Active Player

There lies the problem. When I started playing, I didn't know crap till someone told me about it. There is no game manual, official tech manual, or anything. Granted lfg is base game but with all the updates it can be easy to forget what isn't changed every hotfix.

They need to communicate this stuff when the player creates their character so they can fully utilize the communication features and etc to provide better gameplay experiences as they learn to use those said features.
  20. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

Sorry if this was mentioned already, but in case not:

Wouldn’t the simplest change be to simply make both LFG and Trade tabs on by default? This way they don’t clutter the default tab, and it gives new players instant in-game support (of sorts.)