Test Discussion Augments

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Avair, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Your meteor approves of this change
    • Like x 2
  3. Djem So New Player

The implication is that augments will contain content-specific bonuses. Examples include the 2% might and precision bonus in Teen Titans: The Judas Contract content (also known as Titan's Training), and taking 5% less environmental damage in Teen Titans: The Judas Contract Raid content (also known as Cybernetic Adaptation). As the augment system is expanded, will there be additional augments specifically designated for all of the old content in the game? Assuming that this does in fact occur, perhaps players will be more incentivized to invest time in their upgrades, seeing as there is a strategic advantage with each augment created as opposed to a mere stat bonus that is typically provided by equipment mods in the game. In fact, the central incentive of any upgrade is to receive a tactical advantage in combat, seeing as numbers (such as 300 additional might) are infinite in nature, and do not possess the identical strategic elements as "a 50% chance to deflect incoming damage", for instance.
  4. DCAutymn Developer

Following up on the post from yesterday.

Soul:
    I couldn't see the images that you posted, and those may have answered my question: were his stats clamped in the open world?

Autymn
  5. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

What will become of the Exobytes in modded gear in the bank which have not yet been recovered?

Will the Exobytes (Augment XP) be more worth after the update or would the Recovery Kits be more worth after the update?

I am asking this, because I cannot decide at the moment, whether to recover the Exobytes or to keep my Total Recovery Kits and Exceptional Recovery Kits.
  6. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

It appears that mods in gear will just disappear. But it's not worth it to salvage - they're only worth 20 xp each. Total Recovery Kits will become xp boosters, but no answer yet on Exceptional Recovery Kits.
    • Like x 1
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

in the fortify menu, the augments don't show the max rank...
    couldn't they use the milestone bar to show how far it goes?
    right now, ppl need to tap in blindly to find out the cap of 217...
    • Like x 1
  8. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Sorry, meant not worth it to recover (where I said salvage).
  9. Avair Administrator

Total Recovery Kits are going to be consumable items that are used to gain Exobyte Boosters. Exobyte Boosters will grant a bonus 35% to all exobyte experience within the same fortification as the Booster. I would save TRKs for after the update, they will be better then.
    • Like x 2
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

What will be the fate of crafting supply kits?
  11. Ully Committed Player

Hi Avair, I have a question or rather a suggestion regarding salvaging OP items. What do you guys think about increasing the exobyte experience from salvaged OP items? Considering the investment players make in terms millions of dollars of in-game currency, replays spent and overall time, I think it'd be fitting if these items could yield a generous amount of XP compared to their MK level counterpart. Its just a suggestion and I think it adds even more value to OP items because of the ROI.

Thanks again,
    • Like x 2
  12. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Avair, I understand the goal is to max out 6 augments during an episode (with some time to spare before the next episode). Shouldn’t it be 12 (for the same reason we’re getting 8 goldens instead of 4)? And to clarify, when you said 'dedicated play' do you mean; by playing the new episode’s content only (without using replay badges), or something more than that? I ask because if it takes more than half the time between episodes to max 6 augments, then it may be difficult to keep both DPS & support augments at max. And if we can't get to 12, we'll fall further & further behind on either DPS or support role with each new episode. Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  13. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

Hope someone read this thread very important
    On the test server we can have a max of 2 Augments per role. There is one thing that concerns me is that on every different type of Augment for tank, healer troll, dps (might_ dps( prec) roles all i see is bonus stats receive 2% might?
    As a healer or controller i am not interested in might i want the most VIT and Power i can get!
    Fristly we can equip 2 of the same Augment per role do the stats or bonus's stack??
    1st Augment
    [IMG]
    2nd Augment:
    [IMG]

Here are pictures of all the Augments and to show what i am trying to inform ya guys about!:
    All the different Augments we can have!

Healer Augment:
    [IMG]
    Healer bonus at different ranks seem the same for every single Augment?
    [IMG]

Tank/Controller
    [IMG]
    Tank/Controller bonus at different ranks seem the same for every single Augment?
    [IMG]

Dps( prec)
    [IMG]
    Dps (prec)bonus at different ranks seem the same for every single Augment?
    [IMG]

Dps(Might)
    [IMG]
    Dps(might) bonus at different ranks seem the same for every single Augment?
    [IMG]

Controller
    [IMG]
    Controller bonus at different ranks seem the same for every single Augment?
    [IMG]

What they really should be:
    Healer Augment:
    2% RESTO & POWER
    Other Rank bonus:
    Techno organic nanites:
    chance to heal and give power to your self % to your resto when in teen titans content
    Cybernetic adapation:
    Reduce power cost by 5% when in teen titans content
    Enverter Energy dampnier:
    Increase cir/mag heals by 10% for 20 sec when in teen titans content

Tank/Controller:
    2%Dom & Health
    Other Rank bonus:
    Techno organic nanites:
    chance give power to your self % to your VIT when in teen titans content
    Cybernetic adapation:
    iNCREASE power REGEN by 5% when in teen titans content
    Increase cir/mag POWER by 10% for 20 sec when in teen titans content

Dps( prec):
    2% Prec & power
    Other Rank bonus:
    Techno organic nanites:
    Chance to increase PREC % of the number hits on your target when in teen titans content
    Cybernetic adapation:
    increase any weapons buffs by 2% when in teen titans content
    Increase cir/damage by 10% for 20 sec when in teen titans content

Dps(Might):
    2% Might & power
    Other Rank bonus:
    Techno organic nanites:
    Chance to increase might % to damage done in 10 secs parser when in teen titans content
    Cybernetic adapation:
    Increase might damage crit by 1% to % of your 50% of your might when in teen titans content
    Increase cir/damage by 10% for 20 sec when in teen titans content

Controller:
    2% VIT + POWER

Other Rank bonus:
    Techno organic nanites:
    Chance to increase power % to % of VIT when in teen titans content
    Cybernetic adapation:
    Increase pot power cirt by 0.5% to % number of debuffs used (stack 6 times) when in teen titans content
    Increase cirt/mag power by 2% fot 20 sec when in teen titans content

What are your thoughts on this guys??
    • Like x 2
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I support this minus the extra power on everything. It would be good to get a 2% increase to stats we actually use.
    • Like x 1
  15. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

thank you ! :) iv edited the post to include all the different rank bonus stats too let me know what u guys think!! just a rough idea!
    i will be posting this in the q& a thread tommoroow too!
    hopefully meeps responds or does somethin
  16. DCAutymn Developer

Thank you for your thoughts on this! We won't have role-specific breakthrough bonuses for the Cybernetic Cores, but in the future, we may.

Autymn
    • Like x 1
  17. Djem So New Player

DCAutymn, there was a specific question posed earlier regarding the extent to which augments will contribute to one's success in content (page 16 of this thread). Should I reserve that question for 3 PM Pacific Time tomorrow, or is there already a feasible response for the question?
  18. Trexlight Devoted Player

Shameless plug I know and if removed thats okay.

I created an Augments Guide over on the DCUO SOurce Wall and I'm updating it everyday as new information comes out and being as detailed and easy on the eyes as possible. Some, may be all, can be answered if given a read if so desired. I hope this helps everyone and prepares them for Augments launch.

https://www.dcuosourcewall.com/augments/
    • Like x 4
  19. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Not a shameless plug but extremely helpful actually. Might be a good idea to post a thread with this as the OP so everyone can find it? Maybe in Oracles Database?
    • Like x 1
  20. DCAutymn Developer

There are no plans to add augments to previous DLC content.

Future episodes will have Adaptive Augments, and those will provide general bonuses in overall DLC content and bonuses that are raid or boss-specific to help with raid and elite raid content.

Autymn
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.