Test Discussion Episode 32: 'H.I.V.E. Base' Raid

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Charon, Jul 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon Lead Content Designer

Hey all!

H.I.V.E. Base launches today and is ready for your testing, bug reports, and feedback. There is an Event, Normal, and Elite version of this raid.

We will grant access to higher level gear soon for the Elite testing but please do test it now with Episode base level gear and see if it's too hard, which, it should be! It should become more manageable with the upper tier CR gear and Augments later.

Known Issue:

• Some VO messaging may be overlapping in battle.

Thanks for beeing awesome and testing the content!
    • Like x 1
  2. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Running both regular and event version seems to cause people to disconnect in the fight with the hive add wave and turrets
  3. Speed limited New Player

In the Elite version of the raid the second cut scene it does not show the character models.
  4. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

I was disconnected right at the start of the fight with Deathstroke; I suspect everyone else in the group was too.
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

Yeah there are some back end server processing stuff that I won't pretend to understand that was going on last night and maybe into the day today. The powers that be know about it and I think they were being addressed today. If it keeps happening throughout the weekend let us know.
    • Like x 1
  6. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

ran the elite raid and when get to the 2nd part where we get adds!!.. i must say thank you it is a challenge! with 2 tanks each at different side of the rooms we were able to kill adds ! took us a few tries but once we knew where the adds spawned from and how many we did it fine!.
  7. SuperBoyPrime91 Active Player

The Elite version is easier than The Machine, wasn't able to beat it because pugs, but the feeling between both raids is very different, I'll try to run it more so i can give better feedback, but overall the difficulty should be a little higher, if we want elite gear to matter, we can't have 1 elite raid easier than the other.

The Normal version seems fine, it's definetelly not challenging but i think that's what it's supposed to be. I had more damage than the entire raid together and we beat it just fine without wipes, the only fight that gave the group a little bit of trouble was the Deahtstroke one, but it's not hard. I think Terra could be buffed a little bit, she does literally nothing.
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    In regards to the Elite version, having two Medics spawn at the same time in the Turret room is just evil. It is really hard to wear them down if they come into close proximity with each other. That's also a major problem in Machine Elite.

Also, there are a couple of light fixtures in there that you stand on. It maybe possible to exploit them to avoid incoming damage:

One thing I don't like about the Turret room is that adds immediately spawn at the door as soon as the fight starts. Anyone close to the entrance is going to die if someone rushes to the middle of the room.
  9. spack2k Steadfast Player

Hive base normal raid, the first boss his snare attack kills instant melee dps players, idk if its a special/skull attack if its not one it needs a fix.

Hive base normal raid, the second boss when the platforms turn red and start damaging players sometimes it turns red even on the platform the boss is standing on so melee dps has no option but to stop and run away or when he turns invincible for a certain role player until he uses the device it seems it hits the closest role each time which is in case of dps always the meleeing one ... thats a huge pro for range dpsing.

10. StealthBlue Loyal Player

In at least the elite version (haven't done any other version), sometimes the hive engineers would forget where the stairs were. When the tanks pulled them to the center of the room, they would sometimes try to walk straight to the turrets (and end up walking along the edge in the lower area headed away from the stairs). So they wouldn't get to the turrets to activate them.
  11. EconoKnight XIII Legion

If you weren’t able to beat it, it’s hard to swallow it’s too easy. You understand that, right?

You jumped the gun on this feedback. Actually beat it first.

And Titans elite gear won’t matter if only a couple of dozen players can get it this year. No replays. No money.
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    For the Lava and Magma creatures on the Terra fight, can you PLEASE make the rocks be "non-destructible"? If you're in a group with an overzealous tank, all of the adds get pulled to the center and rocks get blown up instantly by the group dps:

You try to tell the tank "not to pull the adds", but their only response is "ignore mechanics, burn boss".

Fortunately I was able to keep lunging a couple of creature and keep them out of tank pull distance to close those volcano vents.
  13. Charon Lead Content Designer

Some of the patch notes covered some of what went in yesterday and what'll go in today but to summarize:

• The rocks dropped from the creatures won't be destroyable in Event and Normal. They are meant to be a coordination effort so they will remain in Elite. I have increased their number of hits it takes to destroy them however.
    • I've decreased the amount of medics in the wave event. If you see two spawn in the same wave from one side of the room, let me know.
    • I've added a delay for the first wave. This should help in case of resets. Everyone in relevancy should be yoinked into the center of the room away from the doors after the matinee plays on first runs.
    • I will be adding some "keep off" mechanics for the light fixtures and Terra's pedestal.
    • Terra has a few more tricks and her increasing rage attacks incoming later this week.
    • I'll also be looking at the Engineers this week too.
    Thanks for the feedback and reports. Feats should be making their way to you soon for testing.
    • Like x 1
  14. Charon Lead Content Designer

Deathstroke will be hard to test tonight and until the build tomorrow but the Wave event has Feats now and some tweaks. Please see if you can obtain them.

You CAN get into the Deathstroke fight but it'll be a bit challenging. Not the kind of elite mechanic I intended. :p This is fixed internally and just has to roll through the server phases before it gets to you guys so you can test other feats and mechanics.
    • Like x 1
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    If you invite someone to the group after a Terra fight wipe, the invitee ends up in the room for "The Machine". That person then has to warp to join up with the rest of the group.
  16. Charon Lead Content Designer

Hopefully that's part of this thing that got fixed.

Phasing/Queuing
    • Players that are in a group or attempt to phase to another player should no longer be put in their own instance.
    If it's happening still after you play with the most up to date test server data please let us know.
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I'm in an instance right now where it is happening. It has happened multiple times.

Just to clarify:
    The person being invited does not end up in "The Machine" instance. Rather they end up being placed in the last room of the map where "The Machine" would take place. Since that section of the map is walled off in "H.I.V.E. Base," the invited person has to use Warp Rally to move to a different section of the map. The invited person is not being placed in their own instance. They are being placed in the wrong starting room.
    • Like x 1
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    On the Deathstroke fight, Deathstroke started attacking a group member during the matinee scene. He gave his speech as usual, but you heard his attacks in the background. After the scene ended, the group member was insta-killed and Deathstroke started attacking other members of the group.

I'm not sure what triggered it. Everyone was fairly close together in the hallway before the Deathstroke fight room.
    • Like x 1
  19. Trexlight Devoted Player

Seconded. I was there in the run and saw this too.
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I managed to fix a corrupted video from yesterday's run. Here are a couple of videos demonstrating the issues we encountered:

1. Deathstroke Attacking the Group

2. Group Invite Issue for Terra Fight

Note where Electro Penance is on the map. He had just been invited back after a disconnection.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.