Movement Mode - yeah again

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SparklingMayo, Jul 10, 2018.

1. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

there are quite a few ideas out there for other movement modes, or variations on them.

i'd like to see a vehicular based one, like you call in a helicopter to evac you to your next mission area, or you pop open a capsule truck and smash your way down the streets to wherever, or an ultra fast motorcycle that can scale buildings...

Skimming was a great idea and I really wanted to like it but the sound it makes...
    • Like x 2
  2. tukuan Devoted Player

Vehicles are a neat enough idea for open world, but I shudder to think how they'd work in say FOS1.

Beyond that I get the feeling the ROI for movement modes just isn't there which is a shame. I was just thinking with the Titans coming out a Terra-esc fly around on a boulder would be perfect. That or a Tameranian flight alternate with the fire effect that Starfire has now (though that could also be done with a hairstyle I would think).

Hopefully there's enough indirect return in the form on subscribers that they can justify at least a few more.
    • Like x 2
  3. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i wouldn't mind a ghost variant for flight where you stay upright and just float forward or back like the bricks and golems summoned by earth. also i would really like cars and horses to be a thing, as well as jets and helicopters just for inclusion.
  4. Fergjeezy357 New Player

I would just like to have an alternate look for flight other than the Superman fist forward look. But I would also like vehicles.
    • Like x 1
  5. Coelha Well-Known Player

Well, they can't make new powers...Movements might be the last thing in their to-do list... But i won't stop any of you from dreaming, so keep it up!
  6. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Sorry, gotta ask.

Why drive a car, when you can just fly or super speed? I mean, you save all that money on gas, registration, and insurance. :p
    • Like x 3
  7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I wonder if they could make vehicles be trinkets rather than permanent movement modes. Want to pop the Batcopter for 30 seconds? Go for it. They might say something like, "only useable in open world or something." It would still be fun. Would probably cost too much to license though, and probably would be an ultra rare drop in a TC. So, sigh.
    • Like x 1
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

What? You think Superman doesn't have to keep up with his insurance payments? Metropolis has no-fault laws, so he has to be insured like everyone else. Of course, he only pays like $2 a month since he's indestructable.

I've always wondered if Kryptonite has the power to give Superman like prostate cancer or something... or maybe Lex could grind it up in a milkshake to see if he could give the Man of Steel kidney stones that made him cry like a little girl. What were we talking about again? Oh, yeah. Flying.

Not the same cool as using a vehicle to do it, lol.
  9. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

OMG I'm tearing! lol
    • Like x 1
  10. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

And the only time when I associate flying with a vehicle in the game, is when I'm flying across Metro Harbor carrying a bus to Little Bo.
    • Like x 1
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

[IMG]
  12. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Yup, there's nothing like standing around Lil Bo, BS'ing with people in shout chat, when all of a sudden you see someone running around while carrying a bus!
    • Like x 1
  13. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

next thing you know a user will be asking for new open worlds.... :rolleyes:
    :oops:

Could DCUO be considered to be in open beta with so many changes since launch in 2011? The industry is moving the line drawn by defining Launch with a game's evolution of changes and new content over time, no? Selling early-access and then another price for DLC or pass? Can a game exist without launch? it seems so.
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Lol. Probably not. I could've sworn Skyforge launched like 5 years ago, however, it seems they're still in open beta too. Crazy.
  15. Revoemag Committed Player

Seeing as nothing is planned for the future regarding movement modes..

How about the simple visual update ..

My personal request would be to make skimming disks more transparent, so they can be colored to look like water or energy, instead of the solid look they have now.

Superspeed, figure out a way to make electricity a toggle, allowing players to show the electricity animation or not. Not all fast supers use the speed force.

These are " simple" changes that open up more variety in character design
    • Like x 1
  16. dresserball Dedicated Player

I want to ride on an ostrich for super speed.
  17. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Isn't a cheetah faster?
  18. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Cheetahs are like Teslas, amazing acceleration and speed... but limited range.
    • Like x 1
  19. tukuan Devoted Player

Thats a more viable idea, and I think it'd be cool.
    • Like x 1
  20. iAquamanJLA Well-Known Player

damn i just wanna color speedster lightning