Artifact Breakthrough and Catalyst Problem

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by timetracker2643, Jul 10, 2018.

1. timetracker2643 Active Player

OK, I'm posting this now because there's something wrong when it comes to the artifact breakthrough. I've been trying to get the Artifacts boosted to the highest they can go (which is well over 140). However for some reason two of them (at least the ones I'm currently trying to boost up) won't go beyond 139. Each time that I try to do the breakthrough it fails all the time. Right now I'm currently trying to breakthrough on the Tetrahedron and the Parasite's Power Harness, and they won't breakthrough. Keeps failing each time. Honestly don't know what's going on. I was able to make out one artifact but on a different toon, and now when I try to do it on my current toon, it won't work. Don't know what in the world is wrong, however I figured that I might as well put this out there. Thankfully this is all on the Test Server so that it can be fixed before going public.
  2. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Doesn't 140 have a 20% success rate? I ranked up 4 artifacts from 120 to 160 and another from 0 to 160. I think I used 70 seals (just to keep track of failures easier). So that was a total of 16 breakthroughs, with an average of about 4 seals per breakthrough. Of course most of the seals were on higher breakthrough. At a rank 140 breakthrough, with 20% success, on average 1 in 5 breakthroughs will succeed. Some will do better, some worse. For 160 (10% success rate) it's 1 in 10 breakthroughs on average. I'm sure some of my individual breakthroughs took more tries than average, but overall it looks like I did better than average (even though that was 70 seals used across 16 different breakthroughs). So it doesn't look like anything is wrong, you may just have been unlucky. That's the nature of RNG breakthroughs.
  3. Schimaera Devoted Player

The success chance of 20% does mean that on every attempt you have a 1/5 chance of success. Every time.
    It does not mean that the fifth attempt will succeed. What you've encountered is nothing more than the RNG beating you multiple times in a row.