I don't feel powerful anymore.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by °sFlashs°, Jul 9, 2018.

1. °sFlashs° New Player

So, the title says it. Why the alerts and raids low cr are so hard to beat in solo? i remember with cr 175 i do The fortress of solitude in a solo run without dying and losing all of my health lol. I dont play this game since 2017.

so, what they changed? its not funny dying in a raid where you in past you beat it alone.
  2. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Blame Revamp for that.
    • Like x 1
  3. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Revampy bampy.
  4. gemii Dedicated Player

What you need to do is go weapon expert and get yourself a dual wield weapon or a bow and spam either smoke bomb or flurry shot and i really think you should focus on an artfiact called venom wrist dispensor i promise you will feel 5 times stronger you cant go wrong doing this. join the crowd bud
    • Like x 1
  5. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Surprised nobody said ‘git gud’ yet.
    • Like x 3
  6. C3alix Committed Player

-One part of community got upset with people steamrolling through older content, taking away any potential skill being learned

-Another part of the community said it's not their job to help out lower players

-A different part of the community wanted the devs to give us a reason to revisit older content to help out newer players

-The majority of the community stated they wanted stats to matter, which caused the revamp

-------

Mix that all together and you get the results of the devs trying to give the community what they want.
    • Like x 10
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

^^^ Because the community can rarely agree on anything. This is what happens.
    • Like x 5
  8. Knarlydude Loyal Player

LOL guuuuuud one.

Is this a rebuttal or a troll attempt to this thread here Mr. New guy?

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...re-not-fun-anymore.297416/page-3#post-4153033
    • Like x 1
  9. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

Same here I just feel like I can't compete anymore(not that I was ever that good) with all this gear you gotta buy in order to progress, artifacts, the costs for the gear, and the grind, this game's content is so DENSE it's like swimming through a swimming pool filled with neutron star material while drinking a cement milkshake with trace amounts of lead.
    • Like x 2
  10. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Now I can agree with that. At times there seems like there is too much. Hopefully with augments and the removal of a lot of the R&D stuff it will remove some of the monotony.
    • Like x 1
  11. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Are you trying to use an AM loadout lolol
  12. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

revamp remove CR different which basically is cheating... now everything is more balance, going into new content no longer feel like playing Dark Soul with both hand tied up..

CR different causes player and enemies that is higher CR will take less damage and do more damage when facing player and enemies with lower CR. so whenever you go into content that is below 30 cr than you, you'll basically enter god mod..
    • Like x 1
  13. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Cry some more maybe it'll make you stronger bro
    • Like x 2
  14. Schimaera Devoted Player

They drastically reduced the amount of marks needed for gear up until near-endgame content. The fact that you can still just use drop gear + some vendor pieces to get to the next threshold makes it even easier. Reaching Endgame content is pretty easy imo and no grind at all.
    • Like x 1
  15. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

When did the word ‘compete’ become such a thing in this game? Unless it’s pvp, there is no need to compete with each other in anything as long as the job gets done. Bragging about top dps in an mmo is like bragging about being the worlds tallest midget. Just do enough to get the job done, and if you’re a ‘beast’ even better. Ignore the score card. As long as you’re a competent dps all is good, believe me. This bragging/competing/toxic attitude junk people have when ‘competing’ makes the game worse.

Was in a pug (I know) alert for Starro (yuck) the other day and one dps called the other one ‘sh**’ repeatedly and just berated the poor guy while everything was going smoothly. Granted we kicked the jerk and finished it, but why act like that? So many good players left and we are stuck with trash like him?
    • Like x 5
  16. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

Sorry I didn't make myself clear what I meant by compete was just being a very decent teammate(not sucking)
  17. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

Yes but I still want to get styles from the vendor near the respec station in the watchtower(which some cost 70 marks each by the way) and there is artifacts as I've said. I know it may not be the same for you but I define endgame as being as powerful as your character can possibly be or at least being close enough to as powerful as you can get(which is still up there).

I've spent plenty of money on this game already and I don't think the devs will be upset if I quit for a while which I shall probably do(at least until Halloween) but mostly because my computer wants to die right know and is currently embracing death lol. If I come back I think I'll just have to get a serious gaming computer I've been using a laptop this whole time so....yeah.

I think I'll just focus on my art and getting a new job for now and not come back until I get a decent amount of money(IF I can).

Don't get me wrong though I've been enjoying the game a lot especially with all the costume and style creations.

I hope you put all my money to good use and I'll most likely be back devs! ;)
  18. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Your issue lies in Perspective. If you go to, say, the Brainiac Bots near any PD or Villain Club, you can pretty much 1 shot all of them with anything. You can do that because you've gotten stronger since you started. When it comes to Machines Superman has built to defend his Fortress while he's away and Brainiac Bots that defeated these Bots, you shouldnt be able to HappySlap them so easily. Neither should General Zod be a walkover. The game, through the Revamp, has actually brought it closer to "Comic-Realistic", as threats dont just stop being threats. Reverse Flash sure kicked 7 shades of hell out of Batman in "The Button" storyline.

Being able to mow your way through instances isnt fun, it wasnt during the AM days and if you think it was then unfortunately you've fallen for a "Grass is Greener" view of something that wasnt actually true. You're not supposed to be overly powerful as that leaves no challenge. And if theres no challenge then whats the point in playing?
    • Like x 2
  19. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

They need to step up and bring the challenge back.

SP should be a part of the progression already.

Then it would be on you to feel weak.
  20. Dazz-252 Committed Player

Because it's NOT a solo.

People need to stop blaming the Revamp. The game was broken. We should have never been that powerful to begin with. The game is closer to what it was at launch.
    • Like x 4