Test Discussion Episode 32: 'Titans Targeted!' Alert

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by JackFrost, Jul 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackFrost Developer

Hello again!
    Today on the PCTest server we're releasing the first public access to the Episode 32: The Judas Contract.

Part of this new episode is the Titans Targeted! Alert. There is a normal, end-game version of the alert, and a limited-time 'event' version that is accessible by any players level 10 or above.

I'll be watching this thread most closely for any feedback you have about this alert. Please post here if you have any questions, comments, or find any issues while playing the Titans Targeted! Alert.

We appreciate your help in testing the new content, and hope you enjoy it!
  2. JackFrost Developer

Just as a heads up: there's a known issue right near the beginning of the Alert where Mammoth is conspicuously missing from his big cinematic intro. We're working on a fix for this now. Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  3. brixiebear New Player

An incident occurred when I entered an instance, not sure if it was "in progress" or not, but I entered the instance and was seemingly out of phase with the rest of the party and still in the very beginning room with Cyborg. The rest of the party's names on the side were greyed out, and mine was greyed out for them. I tried phasing (didn't work because of it not being a public area), and I tried to exit through the teleporter and when I attempted to re-enter, I was dropped into the overworld area of the island and not back into the tower. The operation teleporter in the War Room was also not active. I'm also not sure if this is supposed to be marked as an operation or not, but when exiting the tower through the teleporter I didn't leave the actual group. I regret not getting any screenshots. I hope I got the point across here well enough, if any further clarification is needed, just ask.
    -Brixie
    • Like x 2
  4. PunkGeekFuse New Player

What happened to brixie also happened to another person during one of our runs. We were at the final boss fight when we tried to bring them in but they were out of phase from us and couldn't phase with us.
    • Like x 2
  5. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Slightly off topic but it's in the alert, Wonder Dog's food dish, you can interact with it but no food drops in the bowl like krypto's bowl, is it tended to be interactive?
    • Like x 1
  6. SuperBoyPrime91 Active Player

Love the alert, it's just beatiful and the mechanics are fun. The laser "puzzle" is really cool, well done.

No bugs found in my run.
  7. Kestral Committed Player

Terra was missing visually when talking to the group.
  8. Trexlight Devoted Player

Mammoth has 2 Charge attacks. One is the leap and the other is running then puffs his chest out.

The chest out charge attack seems broken to me a bit cause as the Tank i body blocked it, as well as the other charge, but it didnt really do much to me or any of my group members consecutively. Just wondering if this can be looked it.

Cyborg boss fight for Heroes, he had a Skull attack and for it, he blocked. Him blocking was the skull attack and i feel a timing issue somewhere is getting messed up. If blocking is his skull attack then...cool lol
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    If you are getting annoyed by your chronically AFK teammates, equip the beachball trinket and keep pushing them into the explosive boxes or even the laser walls.
    • Like x 1
  10. JackFrost Developer

When you came across her in the alert she wasn't there? But you heard her talking?

More info may help us get to the bottom of this. Thanks!

Edit: I figured out what's happening. She was above the ceiling. I submitted a fix, which may make the next hotfix, but may not. Thanks for the report!
    • Like x 1
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Why wasn't I inside the first boss room after the first matinee scene?
  12. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the report. We're investigating what may have caused this. We have a theory and are working on potential solutions, but don't have a solid ETA. If folks continue seeing this kind of issue, please reply in this thread. Thanks again!
    • Like x 1
  13. JackFrost Developer

I'm submitting a fix for this issue. Only the full time residents of Titans Tower should be able to feed their doggy, else he may be overfed. The fix won't be live for a little while though. Thanks!

*Edit: just to be clear, I'm only updating the dog bowl in this alert. Please let me know if there's a bug related to Wonder Dog's bowl outside the context of this alert. It's intended to function the same way as Krypto's bowl when it's a player base item. Cheers!
    • Like x 1
  14. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the report! There was a check-box that got missed. I'll get a fix out for this asap. It may not make the next PCTest hotfix though.
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Does Terra show up in the Hero version of the alert? I don't remember seeing her.
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    While deactivating consoles in the final fight, I kept receiving a red aura. Does the aura have any purpose? I didn't see anything under "Current Effects" while it was active.

Do those force fields on the console rooms break line of sight?
  17. JackFrost Developer

Yes, the red aura is indicative of you being charged with harmful radiation. If you stay in it after being charged, when it pulses again, it should KO you.

And yes, the force fields should break line of sight.
    • Like x 1
  18. JackFrost Developer

There's a chance she makes a cameo in both the hero and villain sides of this alert. It's dependent on player actions though. Sorry to be cryptic....I want there to be some discovery. PM me if need to know :)
    • Like x 1
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Thanks for the reply.

Just to be clear, do you have to be inside one of the console rooms at the time for it to pulse again?
  20. JackFrost Developer

You'll become charged by standing in one of the little rooms. Sometimes it doesn't happen immediately. You remain charged for some time regardless of whether you're in the little room or not. It persists for some time after you leave the room. If you make a b-line to another little room while still charged, it's possible for the 2nd room's radiation pulse to KO you once its force field closes. The pulses happen when the force-fields close, whether there's someone in it or not. I hope this clarifies.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.