Simple solution for gold spammers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Helderman, Jul 1, 2018.

1. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Any idea as to whether the devs are looking at any other changes to target the gold spammers?
  2. loupblanc Dedicated Player

I am wondering how many people go to the trouble of reporting the gold spammers who are still polluting the Shout Chat.

[IMG]

Currently, I no longer report the gold spammers in-game. There are too many of them, with weird names, so reporting them in-game via the /report function followed by support ticket(s) report violation is a hassle

Nowadays, I do screenshots while playing. Then after a week or so, I check all the screenshots, filter out the duplicates and do a mass reporting of the gold spammers.

Since the new chat initiatives, I have reported 101 gold spammer accounts. But new ones still keep popping up every time I log in. So what I am doing does not seem to be helping the situation :(.

There are even cheatbot advertisements, so thats really ugh.
    • Like x 1
  3. spack2k Steadfast Player

Reporting them is just waste of my time , they are like a hydra , cut a head and two grow instant... i cant see why i should waste my time with that if the solution is so simple to just make in-game cash not tradeable between players, where is the problem to use broker for sell/buy ?
  4. Plowed In Loyal Player

The sale of rubber chickens at 16 million will just increase ;)
  5. spack2k Steadfast Player

good for the broker fee :p
    • Like x 1
  6. Gimpy Loyal Player

They (DBG) already knows every character that has been created on a player's account, therefore they could leave the ability to "fund" your own characters in place.

I'm suggesting suspend trading cash between players(accounts), not between an account's characters.

Monitoring the Broker for gold spammer accounts "working around" the suspended trade timeframe would allow them to do exactly what I suggested,,,,,,,,,,
    ban both of the accounts involved.

and F.Y.I,,, before I left coding, I was 1 of those individuals who would find the exploits and then use them to make and sell 3rd party programs,,,,, it takes longer than you would think to recode another program to "work around" something a company would put in place to halt the use of an exploit.

So, I know they have the ability to distinguish between a legit player and those who aren't, but I doubt they will make the effort to use the ability.
  7. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

When I reported them (early morning PT timezone) the fastest reaction was 5 minutes after creating the ticket.

I had included the character ID. maybe that helps?
  8. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Those accounts I reported, I would think action has already been taken. Obviously, I can't really confirm for all 101 accounts that I have reported. I don't check reaction time to my support ticket.

I also don‘t want to disrupt my playing time by having to report the moment I see a spammer. So now I do weekly reports.

The screenshots I take include the character ID, so there should be no issue there. Its just that it feels like I kill 1, and 2 more pop up in its place.

Its just kind of irritating.
  9. useless Well-Known Player

Gold sellers,cheatbots,there are so many scams on internet and games now a days.
    Send me $4.95 and i'll tell you how to avoid them :)
    • Like x 1
  10. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Character IDs are not names - it is a number only visible through the census and seemingly unique across all servers.
  11. Rabid Batman New Player

Maybe daybreak should just sell game cash in the marketplace, like WoW.
  12. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Ah ok, I thought you meant the character name.

That's way too time-consuming if I have to use census to grab the character IDs. I report 10+ spammers at one time. Having to grab the separate character IDs for each spammer via the census.... way too much time.

My current way of taking screenshots and then immediately ignoring the spammer is time-efficient. Filtering out duplicate screenshots -- taking duplicate screenshot of the same spammer while I am on a different character -- does not take time. Then I just open a support ticket and report the spammers and attach all relevant screenshots.

Actually, if the ignored namelist is account-wide, that would be great. This means I only need to ignore the same spammer one time, versus currently, where you have to separately ignore the same spammer on your main + any alt character you are running + any mule character you are running for things like seasonals.
  13. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I'm willing to bet that you are one of maybe two or three reporting them. I can round them all up in about 5-10 minutes when I fell like it. I take screenshots and let them sort out the names from the screenshots. I drop 2,3,4,5 or 10 screenshots if I have to. I figure if they look at the names in the screenshots instead of my trying to spell opiu7tyh0897g there is zero chance of me giving wrong name. xD

Kudos......keep it up. They will run out if names eventually.
  14. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Taking screenshots and then ignoring spammers is basically almost instantaneous (2-3 seconds).

The hotfix with the chat restrictions was just 2 months ago (4th May Hotfix).

Since then, I have taken screenshots of 101 spammers spamming Shout Chat, and reported them through the support ticket system.

So thats 8 weeks. So 101 / 8 = 12.625 spammers reported weekly.

My solo effort is not making a dent.

Unlike you though, I can't help it so while sorting out the duplicates, I write down the names. Then copy and paste into the support ticket. Then I even rename each pic to each spammer. Thats the tedious part. Thats why I sort of make it a weekly or fortnightly thing, but I make it fast enough that everything now averages 5-7 mins, from sorting, renaming then logging in and submitting the names.
    • Like x 2
  15. Knarlydude Loyal Player

It's not like I don't want to. I figure that there are less chances of mistakes if they grab the names from the screenshots. I label all screenshots but I do not keep track of the names. Heck......... I don't even add to ignore.

This is part of what we are trying to stop.

I wouldn't doubt they have to get so much or not get fed and or take a beating.

Then guys like this. This kid that specializes in being a middleman says it can be stopped.

old but still relevant
    If you watch this video here^^^^
    You will see why DCUO needs to utilize the MP more.
    • Like x 1
  16. loupblanc Dedicated Player

That kid ain't a kid anymore. Looks like he got his startup capital from being a middleman to move on to more legitimate business.
    • Like x 1
  17. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

That's true. On EU-villain there is usually no more than 2, which is an easy ammount to report.

I agree on the account wide ignore. Not just for spammers, but also to get rid of those talking about *** and racism in large public chats.
    • Like x 1
  18. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

I'm in Gotham right now hovering over East End station, and I can see an obvious spam bot standing on top of one of the elevated railway arches. Just plain as.....night. I want to report this thing, but the devs want you to open a trouble ticket as well. I really don't want to go through all of that, just to report ONE bot. Not when this game is on a timer if I don't move a spec, it closes out for no activity. Maybe I would do it after reporting say, 5 of them, but not just for one. Its too much of a hassle. Maybe in the social menu, there should be a "report" option? Nah, that wouldn't work. Cause then actual people would be getting reported for lame crap, and that would be wasting the moderators' time.
  19. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Its gone now. So apparently those chat restrictions are working.
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

We do need a simpler report system tho.
    • Like x 4