For those wondering what's happening with 'gathering' after July 18

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Cheers Proxy
  2. Proxystar #Perception

I got an opportunity to run 4 solo instances, no exo-material drops, it only dropped prestige tokens everytime.

potentially not on the loot table in any way anymore, didn't see any victory tokens either though.
    • Like x 1
  3. LadsDcuo Well-Known Player

Wait no more Victory Token drops?nooo well rip the easy sp 4-5 sp I could have gotten if I spammed low tier content
  4. Proxystar #Perception

It might have been unlucky RNG and may not actually be intended to be removed even if it has been inadvertently.

Also you've got a week and a half, whip whip. :p
    • Like x 2
  5. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Well at least if it's only Prestige then everything we get it somewhat useful.

I just didn't really want exos dropped from loot table & for it to be Prestige & Victory Tokens as then half the time what was dropping is long since redundant for a good chunk of us.

Hopefully if Victory Tokens have been dropped the feats just auto pop for anyone that doesn't have them.

Thanks again.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

It's not really a complete loss, because even if you're running T1 content you can pick the gear at the end and salvage it and gain 50-100 experience give or take for your augments, these exobytes are tradeable as well.

The old exobytes simply aren't needed for anything anymore, so there's no actual loss, if that makes sense.
    • Like x 2
  7. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Total sense.

& if the gear becomes useful again beyond salvage feats hopefully this is a decent way to get people running old content without forcing them.
  8. LadsDcuo Well-Known Player

ummmm can't really grind dcuo can I when my tv is broken:(:(
  9. Proxystar #Perception

It would appear to be the case, run anything gain augment experience albeit the lower stuff is obviously pretty negligible.
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

You have to feed it exobytes ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. LadsDcuo Well-Known Player

Anyway if victory tokens are dropped and if the player's who didn't have those feats will get the feats it will be feat day for me because of the craft mods etc etc feats and victory token feats if they end up dropping the victory tokens but missing out on the member appreciation week free 170 cr skip is a pain when my main is 180 cr so I could have had a new alt that I wouldn't have to spend hour's on grinding it and also it would give me most of the annoying long term grinding feats but unfortunaly it's going to end in a day and I think it's overpriced so I won't buy it and what is going to happen to exobyte's/exobit's in the broker?
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Stay tuned, we'll find out in several months when they add stuff to craft ;)
    • Like x 3
  13. TeeVolt Well-Known Player

Does that mean that I can go back to my exobit farm in Metropolis? I haven't been there in years!
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

If you craft any consumables
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Is the exo-material you feed to a soder the same as the exo-material you pick up, or is it similar to the bits/bytes where the bits are merged to bytes and the bytes are used in recipes?

Any idea what's happening to total recovery kits or mod exchange kits, and if it would be better to leave your socketed mods in on the 17th or pull them all out before the update?

Lastly, do you know if Simples and Complexes are of any use going forward? Base mods, consumables, anything? I have mountains of these stored up....really hate to think they are worthless now.

Thanks,
    Reinheld
  16. Isif Committed Player

Quickies: Are exobit and exobyte stack conversions weighted differently? Can the resulting "food" be fed to any type of augment or is it "might, vit, dom, etc." specific? Thanks.
  17. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Exo-material can be immediately used to craft consumables, this should include soders and other consumables like personal dampening fields.

Total recovery kits automatically become XP boosters for augments. The other recovery lits are gone from the test server, so I don't know about those.

All R&D parts, simple materials, focusing elements, battery fragments, etc., can be fed to augments. Right now it looks like everything is worth 20XP each, but I haven't tested everything. There are many things that no longer drop on the test server after this update.
  18. Gimpy Loyal Player

Effect on the market/broker?
    Are Time Capsules still a thing, and if/when/will the new stuff be tied to them?

Does the new material/ craft system indicate some new, brand new, not recycled, content and locations are going to be arriving later this year?

Pardon me if history makes me a bit skeptical on just what twist will be added.
  19. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Hey proxy with this info I'm wondering how much xp exobytes give when fed into your new augments. Wondering if I should sell now while I can or if the xp would be worth more to me than the money.
  20. BumblingB I got better.

Wow tragic the gathering lost incentive with this change. Was hoping to have a reason to get out and farm.
    • Like x 1