For those wondering what's happening with 'gathering' after July 18

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Proxystar #Perception

The exobit nodes still exist in open world following the Teen Titan DLC and augment update.

When you gather the node it drops "Ex-Material" - these items stack up to 999.

When you collect the node you get between 1 and 4 "Ex-Material"

These new "Ex-Materials" are used to craft buff soders and the old T2.5 shock soders.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The soders are now easier and quicker to make than under the previous system.
    • Like x 9
  2. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

So thats it? Or can they be used for more things also?
  3. MrMigraine Devoted Player

And you didn't have to purchase new plans for those Soders, right? The recipe just automagically changed?
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Correct, the recipe just changes.
    • Like x 2
  5. Proxystar #Perception

They've replaced "exobytes" from the recipes.
  6. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Can they be used for upgrading the Augments?
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Nope.
  8. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

So then what benefits me for this?
  9. Proxystar #Perception

The ex-materials are used for making buff soders.

It benefits in allowing you to get extra stats by consuming a soder such as nitros, flex, bulldozers etc.
    • Like x 3
  10. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I usually just buy those lol

Are they tradeable? Also, the Interface Alphas on the test server Vendor, the ones that cost 200/400 cash, do they give the xp as well? Like can I buy thousands of them on live and then wait til launch?
  11. Proxystar #Perception

the exo-materials are tradeable yes.

don't know about the interfaces, they've been taken off test.
    • Like x 1
  12. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Proxy, have you noticed if clusters of exo-material are now dropping in out of relevancy content to replace the exobit clusters we used to get?
  13. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

What feats unlocked, and if they did pop, do you get the dlc ‘craft x amount of mods from this dlc’ feats? And do they include salvage ones also?
  14. Mightyhon Well-Known Player

What is this nonsense again? Fix the game already!
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Sorry, haven't tested, I'll try to take a look.
    • Like x 1
  16. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

So will our existing stacks of exobytes be converted into exo-materials, or will they just disappear and force us to start gathering from scratch?
  17. Proxystar #Perception

No they will not be converted, you can feed your old exobytes to your augments, metagenes, implants and runes to level them up.

If you want exo-material you will need to go and farm it, but it only takes 3 exo-material to make a 6 pack of soder.

You can get 3 or 4 exo-material from one node so it won't take long to get a stack together.
    • Like x 3
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

So we only go around gathering in Gotham/Metropolis if we’re making buff sodas? Where does the exp for the Augments come from?
  19. LadsDcuo Well-Known Player

I don't get why people are hating on the Augments update the devs literary listened to us the community we asked for mods to be more user friendly and it took a while but it finally became way more simplified in the form of Augments and it's a major change because now people won't have to craft mods and use recovery kits everytime a new dlc comes out now it's just permant staf buff;s which increases as youn level them up and everytime a new dlc comes out the max level cap increases and the level's are way easier to get also and the kryptonian time capsules opening interface is way more user favor then before which i'm happy about it's a win win for both the player's and the dev's so maybe the dev's are on the path to change so before being negative about the Augements update think about the good changes they are making to dcuo:):)
    • Like x 2
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Collecting exobytes that come from content and will appear in the loot picker

salvaging all gear which gives exobytes based on a 'Mk Level' that designates its potential experience.

old R&D materials a player possesses before the new system comes in to effect (complex materials, focusing elements etc.)
    • Like x 3