Augment System Questions Thread

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Jul 6, 2018.

1. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Now that the Livestream is out of the way, I still have some questions:

- It looks as though one can switch out Augments easily manually. But will Armories remember each individual role's Augment placement?

-Somebody mentioned Breakthrough during the Livestream. Will there be a new kind of Seal of Protection, or can we use our old Artifact Seals?

More questions as I think of them...
    • Like x 3
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I didn't see a slot for a seal, so I'm thinking the breakthroughs are garuanteed
    • Like x 5
  3. kelticfury New Player

I watched the stream but I had to step away to let the dog out. Did they ever say anything about what is going to happen with tactical/generator mods?
  4. Maxabel New Player

I have questions as well...
    Since the augments have different cosmetics related to the tech/magic/meta thing can we expect a respec token or whatever for that matter ? My main is a sorcerer with Batman as a mentor but the runes are more logic than cybernetics stuff for him.
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Tactical mods are staying, generator mods will start dropping in all content, and they'll be tradeable
    • Like x 4
  6. MrMigraine Devoted Player

There was also a mention of an Augment cap.

Will this be like the cap we get for Skill Points: something that will be raised with every new Episode?
    • Like x 2
  7. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

You are right, there are no breakthroughs for augments, they are going to rank up without RNG.
    • Like x 3
  8. Coelha Well-Known Player

I hope you are right :(. I can't hold more pay to win in the game, it was "fine" when it was just 10 sp and some low level gear, but now everything is being monetized, they can't screw up more or many will be done with the game for sure.
    • Like x 3
  9. MrMigraine Devoted Player

That would be loverly.
    • Like x 1
  10. kelticfury New Player

Hey thanks for the rapid response!
  11. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

The Augments kinda confused me honestly. It was like too much of everything looked the same. So i was really just watching them talk and move things around lol
    • Like x 2
  12. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I too wonder this

Another question, I'm not sure about is, will we have enough newer exobytes/augments to replace 2 armories worth of equipment mods for both of our roles. I hate to see we get some newer exobytes/augments that only replace one of our roles
    • Like x 2
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Not fully without RNG, catalysts for them will be random drops that increases in drop rate in higher level content, but so far it's looking promising in terms of not too much monotenization
    • Like x 3
  14. Ully Committed Player

At the moment, the biggest concern I have regarding the augment system is the RNG associated with the catalysts. Why not put them on the vendor like they did with the Artifact catalysts?
    • Like x 3
  15. zTsunami Level 30

Are the catalysts needed for augments Platform Locked? If so this makes it hard for PC players to buy as there aren't many anymore. Please consider making them tradeable across platforms
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

As long as they aren't on the marketplace, they shouldn't be platform locked
  17. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Will there be any use for Essence Purifiers after Augments launch?

(Gotta get them on the Broker quick! ;) )
  18. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Yup but for what i saw those are going to be tradeable aswell, so you can get them via broker too.
  19. zTsunami Level 30

I dont understand the problem with platform locks, is it because PS/PC use different currencies for MP? for example, PS can you loyalty points and we're using Marketplace Cash
  20. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Tbh I don't understand why they did that, like if they drop in game it should be tradeable regardless platform cuz it drops in the game, it should become platform locked when it's bought off the loyalty vendor or marketplace