All Artifacts on Test?

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by WesPypes3679, Jul 6, 2018.

1. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

So question...Why are all artifacts not available on test that are on Live?

The artifacts that come from TC' s should be available on the Test Server. It would be nice to Test these artifacts ahead of release, but I would definitely settle for them just being available to Test period. Maybe just put all available artifacts in a Loot Box from the PvE vendor. Its a guessing game when it comes to what artifacts are capable of, and the combinations that be used optimally. If its just a way to optimize cash flow by not having them there I think that's a poor decision. The best way to build hype is to make something great, unique on its own and have Testers rave about them in the forums and on YouTube.

Just my 2 cents. Worth that much as well.
    • Like x 2
  2. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

If it affects gameplay, then why isn't it being tested on the test server? Anyone else have an opinion about this? Or am I the minority?
    • Like x 2
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If it's already on Live, just test it on the Live server. If an artifact is broken, being on the test server first would not have guranteed it getting a fix before making its way onto Live.
  4. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Testing on Live seems reduntant, Nor do I have the time to grind out every single artifact to at least rank 80 just to see what its capable of. No offense, and I get what your saying. Obviously they are not allowing us to Test some of these artifacts before they hit live. Having every artifact on Test can provide more accurate feedback on future live builds. It also plays a key factor in gameplay, like new content and how it performs in that. Adjusting difficulty with artifacts in mind should be considered when it comes to elite content, adding drive to level up artifacts to complete such content as much as skill points do.

All in all, for myself, the most accurate testing can only be done with everything that affects gameplay/combat included on Test. There's no need for auras and materials from TC' s on Test I can agree with that, just dont see the point in not having everything gameplay related on Test.

• Like x 2
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I totally agree with you. Setting up a baseline is far easier on test because you can do it without mods, etc. with a specific amount of stats, with heal, troll, tank gear, with different powersets, etc.

There's no reason for them not to put these artifacts (no one is asking for cosmetic items) on test. And perhaps they will soon.
    • Like x 1
  6. MrPlumberman Active Player

I mentioned this when the artifacts were being increased to 140/160 and was ignored. Hope you have better luck.
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I mean were you especially tasked with this? Are you the only individual testing? I'm sorry I don't really see the huge significant impact of your argument.
  8. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

He said exaxtly what I wanted to write out in response to this...

• Like x 2
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm all for players testing things out before it hits Live and I'd rather they didn't attach Artifacts to TCs in the first place. I understand Test server has everything for getting best readings.
    My question is why the sense of urgency in needing to test something that's already on Live?
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Are you at 160 on all of them already?
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Hell no. I'm still upset after last bonus xp weekend. Spent all my saved up Nth Metal right before they posted the announcement.
    • Like x 1
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Ugh, there are few feelings worse than that in life...
    • Like x 1
  13. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

No real sense of urgency. Just been lingering in my head why they aren't all available. I would prefer to have them before Live, but would just settle for having ALL of them after. Been doing some DPS testing lately and wondered why .... So I figured I'd ask. Most of my time is spent on Live...about 99% but I do test now and then. I dont care for the cosmetic stuff at all. I just want to test new content and different powersets with different artifacts. Having BASE numbers doing tests helps me and leaguemates with builds. That's just not an easy thing to do on Live.
    • Like x 3
  14. punoH New Player

I agree with you and I'd go as far ahead of myself as to say they shouldn't make us grind for stuff like vendor/elite gear/op gear. Right now everyone is grinding teen titans content just to get those. Why are we grinding in test server for gods sake it is meant to be for testing purposes to see exactly what we are going to get, no one even knows what the max cr is going to be and if we will be out of relevancy of starro content but another problem is I guess we will be. I hope devs see this and make some adjustments to make sure we get everything available that affects gameplay on test server so we can actually test it. Including SP.
  15. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I see your point on having everything, but are OP items really needed? If Elite Content is beat without it then what are we truly testing having the OP items? The Artifacts on the other hand directly affect the gameplay beyond just plain stats it adds on. Everything is beatable without artifacts, elite gear, or OP gear. So, its kind of a catch 22. Testing Artifacts, to me, is beneficial to give feedback on how its affecting gameplay at ita different ranks and abilities. OP and Elite gear are only adding stats. The option to grind OP gear, and SP is optional. If you have the same SP as your CR than you're in good shape, everything else is a bonus.

Edit* after some time passes after the initial new content drops, we are given infinite currency to buy the gear. This just discourages people maxing out gear and feedback becomes distorted and obscured. Like "In my group on test were all CR 250 with OP feet, with 400sp and the 1st run we tried on the Elite H.I.V.E. Raid was a joke." It was never meant to be max gear players first run on Elite. They need realistic feedback. Too easy at CR235 on elite, will draw some attention.

The Artifacts, in my opinion, affect gameplay beyond adding stats above the norm.
    • Like x 2