Dev Discussion GU82: Style Unlocking

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schimaera Devoted Player

Well, in the Update Notes for "style unlocking" you could have read the items that can be unlocked right now. The devs also stated that they want to eventually make all styles unlockable. So it's not like the information is hidden. It's even in the "latest news" section of the launcher. If you just wait a bit you will eventually be able to just unlock the Luminous Gaze on all your other toons. Just bare in mind that it will probably cost 100-300 replay badges per toon.
    • Like x 1
  2. SUPERMANPRilVlE New Player

For phase 3 of style unlocking since most of the paying Subscribers WANT Materials to be apart of this feature. I say make it possible, its by Popular Demand. Spend the resources, you'll make up for it in MASSIVE REPLAYS purchases. Maybe even the revival of canceled subscribers. I'm sure the shareholders that invest in Daybreak loves that idea. "More Money". :)
    • Like x 1
  3. Grumpy Wookiee New Player

Pretty sure style unlocking is still glitched. I have toons that have some gear show up available to unlock & others that the gear is nowhere to be seen. My main toon is over 170 & yet bloodbat back doesn't show up, nor does the supergirl boots. But on my 102 alt. Both items are available to unlock. I have logged onto all toons multiple times to make sure everything would show but yet this continues to happen. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem would be appreciated.
  4. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Some pictures might be helpful to see what's going on. Is it possible that you own the styles on your 102 alt? Style unlocking doesn't include everything yet. For example, it doesn't include dropped styles, and the Supergirl boots are a dropped style. Blood Bat was originally a villain only PvP style, but became a dropped style in Riddled with Crime and was also added to the promethium lock boxes some time before that. I haven't looked into unlocking it on any character, but it's possible they considered it a drop style and it will be added when dropped styles are available for unlock.
    • Like x 2
  5. Grumpy Wookiee New Player

I can try to get pics, but the 102 doesn't own those styles, but they're listed for that toon to unlock. My main doesn't even have that option because they don't show up at all. I'll try to get pics, that will help explain.
  6. Grumpy Wookiee New Player

[IMG][IMG][IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Here are pics to better explain. The style is a available on my low level alts. But on my over cr160 mains the style isn't available. Is it a glitch? How can I go about fixing it if it is a glitch?
  7. IonHero Committed Player

If I'd have to guess from your pics, it would seem that Blood Bat is Gender locked.
  8. Grumpy Wookiee New Player

Your correct. After checking all toons it seems the style is only available for my female toons & it's only the back style that is not showing up. So how do I fix this? Any chance a Dev can weigh in on this?
    • Like x 1
  9. XEMD Well-Known Player

It'll most likely be fixed next update. At least that be what I'd assume.
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Any other styles affected that you see?
  11. Grumpy Wookiee New Player

Not that I could see.but I'll go through and look more carefully to make sure.
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Is Blood Bat not available? It did used to be a PvP vendor style before you used it in RwC :D
  13. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

I'm sure it's already asked, but how about a list of styles NOT going to be released? For instance, one I'm wanting is the super early (now only purchased from vendor) Digital Invasion.

I also don't memorize the timeframe of the game, so next on my list is going to be Traces in Time, but don't know when it was released (according to this release timeframe).
  14. Black Dragon New Player

Hey DCU, hello, hows it going?
    Love the new style unlock option, finally got that rapture helmet-style on my tank, which previously was only available for controller (Or maybe I've just had bad luck?). Well, whatever, good feature, long overdue, too long. Speaking of things that are too long, I don't particularly enjoy thumbing through 10+ style tabs when dressing/redressing my character, with 7 of the tabs being nothing but "optional buys" and not "owned styles". Maybe we could have the option to display/hide styles we don't have yet, like right up there with the hold/release buttons?

That way we can choose to see the styles we don't have yet or not, to help streamline dressing. Just a logical suggestion.
    • Like x 1
  15. Grumpy Wookiee New Player

Just to update. So far the following styles are not showing up to unlock. Will update this post as I find more.

Blood bat back - male toons
    Snake hands - all toons
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.