Simple solution for gold spammers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Helderman, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Helderman Dedicated Player

Cap the messages size to 30 characters
  2. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Cap messages for who? Free players had their chat rights taken, you want to cap the chat for Premium and Subscribers?

That's ludicrous, there's better solutions out there.
    • Like x 6
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They'll figure a way around that.
    • Like x 2
  4. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Exactly, gold spammers are still around for a reason. Someone's actually buying from them. The question is why? Answer that question and we'll be able to terminate them.
    • Like x 1
  5. XEMD Well-Known Player

I was thinkin about a way for this to stop. Can't some games ban certain words from being said in game? I know some games can, but I'm not sure about DCUO. My point is,Maybe they just somehow make it so people can't type links or something?
  6. OnlyNomad The One Above All

The spammers are already putting letters and numbers between words in the links. Wouldn't work :(
    • Like x 2
  7. XEMD Well-Known Player

Well damn. It's getting super annoying tbh, And the only other thing I can think of that could actually work is Daybreak does whatever they have to do to shut the websites down that are selling gold. I know of 3 websites that are doing this.
  8. OnlyNomad The One Above All

It's very annoying, they did take a step foward recently but more has to be done.

The issue is that they have customers, if DB wants to cut them off, they have to offer what they're offering to the players.

I don't necessarily think it's a good idea but it might be a necessary evil.
    • Like x 1
  9. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Oh hey it's simple solution #13893847 :) problem solved finally
    • Like x 4
  10. Noxious Flora Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  11. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

A part solution might actually be an in game message that comes up when you login & periodically saying that if you buy 'gold' from 3rd party sites you run the risk of being banned.

It's sounds fairly simplistic, but this was my first mmo, it may be many people's first mmo. People could be under the impression that if it's on chat, it's ok to do this.

& even for those who know it's against the ToS to do it, a lil' reinforcement couldn't hurt.
    • Like x 4
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They put desirable items in the MP that can be traded on the broker. That's close enough to buying money w/o using 3rd party service.
    • Like x 1
  13. Tokkenn Active Player

Peeps may not like it, but one solution could be to not allow money trades till level 30 or maybe CR 100; whichever would be most effective.
    • Like x 2
  14. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Stupid high prices for collections/base items/styles on the broker? What else is money needed for in this game?

Could limit shout channel to level 10+

Aren't those in RNG boxes though? Like the recent hacker aura. No guarantee you'll get one.
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

WRONG!!! You NEVER fix one problem by creating an even bigger problem. Time to go back to the drawing board and come up with something a little less destructive...
    • Like x 1
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Goldspammers may be around, but they're nowhere near as bad as they were just a few months ago. The problem is not bad enough right to warrant any extreme solutions. If what you're really after is for the company to put desirable items within player's reach, stop beating around the bush and just state as much...with an actionable plan where everyone wins (especially the company, otherwise any brilliant idea is dead in the water).
  17. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Respectfully, at this point... How can anything be more destructive than what they've already done lol.

Jokes aside, like I mentioned, I'm not totally for that idea. I'd prefer to see stuff head to the MP.

You're right, it's not as bad but it's slowly going back there.
  18. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Have you reported any goldbots lately and turned in a support ticket as a follow up?
  19. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Don't you think someone on the staff should be monitoring the chats more frequently?

Some of us have really small amounts of time to play the game, we don't want to waste our time reporting the ridiculous amount of gold spammers.

I think the solution is out there but it's not an option they're willing to explore.
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Seals and Catalysts. Wasn't referring to loot boxes.