Raids should have 4 to 5 bosses

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Juiceman936, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

Majority of the END game raids have only 3 bosses. Doomsday raid is only 1 boss. Origin Crisis had 5 boss raids. We get 10 marks a raid. As it is now the 10 marks are divided between 3 bosses. Raids are being completed in 15 to 20 minutes. I would love to spend 15 more minutes in a raid for 2 more bosses. I spend a Lot of time standing in my base or the hod anyway.

And 1 other thing and I know people are going to hate it but I'm a glass half full kinda guy and I really think best gear should drop and not be in the vendor. JUST HEAR ME OUT! The game gets very boring when you KNOW what rewards you get for completing content. The same 10 marks of whatever currency the dlc has. It is a small bit of excitement knowing when you beat a boss in a raid you could get a good drop, when we were in best gear drop in raids era. I understand that ppl had bad rng luck but it was still refreshing whenever you did get a drop. The collection OP pieces should continue to operate as is. As that would be the only thing to spend the dlc currency on. Usually the Op pieces have an expensive collection that you can't buy off the broker. When I say expensive I mean about 400 marks. It would be possible to have your op item before you've got your full set of gear. This is just my opinion tho.
    • Like x 2
  2. Ferret2 Well-Known Player

Yes, more bosses or at the very least more adds. Doomsday could of had a nice fight leading up to him. I was very surprised it didnt. Gear drop have to agree. Yes its frustrating to no end when your last piece just wont drop. But its great when it finally does. Leveling is way to easy now. Way back it took way more time to level, earn your marks then raid to get the better gear. The odds of getting your gear could have been slightly better i think.
    • Like x 1
  3. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I like the idea but I'm not sure.

More bosses take more content development which in turn takes longer ( LONGER than now) & costs more to make.

Then some players would be up in arms.......The raid takes too long!!! OHHH THE HUMANITY!!!

That being said.
    DCUO needs to make themselves a map generator that they can build on and a map editor with all to fixings to cut down on development costs in the long run. With these tools you can build a good instance in about day.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Not really interested in longer raids. I don't have time/interest in running current raids with 3 bosses as it is.
    • Like x 1
  5. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Agreed and also disagree.

I agree that raids should have 4-5 bosses, I disagree with best drop being in raids.

I disagree because even with the best gear is it really needed.

Where a raid can easily take, say 30 mins. with 4-5 bosses there really wouldn't be any challenge after you acquire the gear.

Granted there is no challenge currently outside of a totally random inexperienced group, I'd prefer they upped the difficulty a little and force us to pay attention a whole lot more adding the extra bosses.

Have a less stressful raid or alert so players can work their way up purchasing gear.

But definitely make the elite raid impossible without at least 6-7 pieces of gear just to beat the first group of adds.

That is me though.
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

They can barely make 3 boss raids engaging...
    • Like x 7
  7. Ferret2 Well-Known Player

Theres no reason not to have both. Have the short raids for the players that like easy just give me everything with no effort. Then let the players that want a good fight with mechanics and more challenges have that also.
  8. Ferret2 Well-Known Player

They can make them more engaging. The question really seems to be why dont they. They used to. Did to many people complain? I came back from a 3 year break to a totally differant game. Still fun but nowhere near as engaging and challenging
  9. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Or make it like Survival Mode.

Have 6 bosses. And after Boss 2 and Boss 4 you get a token to let you start at Boss 3 and Boss 5.

Um...have you played Amazon Fury Part 1 yet? When that first came out and you spent 10 minutes just killing each wave of adds because their health was so high...*heavy sigh*
  10. Ferret2 Well-Known Player

I have played af part1. Unfortuanitly i couldnt get an at level group together so a couple high levels blew through everything.
  11. Ferret2 Well-Known Player

And really high health should not be the way to create difficulty. All that does is create a dps check. I want more depth and mechanics. Things that promote group play and comunication. Buffing enemy health is the cheese way to create difficulity
    • Like x 1
  12. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I completely agree with the opinion on the bosses. I hate how we've lost boss encounters. I hate how wave events are substituted for boss fights in some cases.

I understand there's a need/desire to make short, ****** content that players can spam to power level, but there's very little in the way of high quality content being put out and very little to test the strength we're amassing as we improve our gear, craft mods, earn skill points, and level artefacts.

It'd be nice if at least 1 raid could be designed outside of the paradigm in each episode going forward. With 4-5 (or more) boss encounters, actual difficulty, epic story telling.

As for the best gear returning to the content? I completely disagree. I'd rather each piece of gear cost 999 currency each before that ever happened again.
    • Like x 3
  13. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

The added bosses sounds good but I have to disagree with the armor. And trust me i KNOW where you are coming from my main is to point now where nothing that drops on solo, duo, alert or raid content is good for anything but salvage. On both roles I am basically just doing missions to buy gear off the vendor..

But that means as I get enough crowns together I can buy what I need and want. The problem with gear drops in any missions is you get what the game hands out. The RNG rears its ugly head and you can spend forever trying to get that one or two final pieces to drop. You talk about the game getting boring? Trust me running the same missions over and over and over because you can't get that last piece of a style to drop can get very boring. Ask anyone that may have spent a year or more doing older content trying desperately to get that ONE piece of rare gear to drop to complete a set and get the feat points for it.

The monthly content made this whole situation even worse and prompted the push for best gear in vendor.... We were constantly getting new gear month after month and about the time you might possibly get that last GOOD piece to drop in a mission a whole new DLC arrived and that helm, chest piece or whatever was obsolete and even the new gear the vendor was selling was better. I personally had a couple times where I broke down and just bought the gear off the vendor and a day or so later, Naturally, that rare piece would drop only now it was only a couple CR higher than what I already had slotted..

Best gear from vendor eliminates one instance in game where we have to deal with the roll of those invisible dice and get what we want and need.
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

So we keep content trivial because you personally don't have time?
    • Like x 6
  15. Yaiba Committed Player

I don't care how many bosses in raids, as long as those are challenge, I'm satisfied. I don't want to beat the raids with my tank 100sp or like you said, only 15-20min.
  16. Controller Devoted Player

Nexus of Reality would be a GREAT model to use for bosses, mini-boss raids in the future IMO.
  17. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Dcuo is a casual mmo. People cant handle too much complexity here lol.
    • Like x 1
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Once I no longer need the marks/feats, why waste time playing something lengthy that's lost its 'fun'. Make the raids more worthwhile, not longer.
  19. Zneeak Devoted Player

Hey that's how it works around here, don't you know that? When 90% of the content is easy peasy it's still not accessible enough to some, MUST HAVE ALL 100% !! Hurr Durr :p
    • Like x 1
  20. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

I only have 4 hours a day to play so i'm against this.