Please add base item boxes to relevant episode vendors for Marks of Victory

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Jun 14, 2018.

1. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Since EP27 we've had base item loot boxes in vendors for each episode that has released.

I would love to see base item loot boxes in episode vendors from episodes 12 through to episode 26 which may contain base items from relevant episodes. Possibly earlier episodes as well as EP11 for example has the artefact base items.

For example:

A base item loot box in EP151617 vendor can cost 8 MOV, but a large base item loot box (10 base items) could cost 64 MOV. This would include base items like the wooden bridges, tusks, Flash Museum signs, Cathedral Windows and Cathedral Bell, Black Energy Tendrils, Bombshell Posters, and so on.

Older content base items are becoming more and more difficult to obtain even on broker, and as very few if any people on EU server runs raids like Bombshell Paradox this would be beneficial to those trying to get certain base items for their bases. I know I would really appreciate it :)

Please make it happen devs! :)
    • Like x 4
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

Isn't that one of the base items from Trigon SM? :eek:

To the topic at hand, i'm all for it aswell. Not only does it get expensive trying to grab certain, older episode base-items but they hardly show up on the broker at all making it real tricky if you want several of certain items.

And for the love of RnGod, I don't know how many times i'm gonna have to say it, but i'll keep on saying it: PLEASE oh PLEASE increase the base item-limit in Lairs and League halls :p
  3. tukuan Devoted Player

Certainly I think there needs to be some more MoV sinks. Beyond more styles to the style vendors I was also thinking a base vendor but this makes more sense by tying it into the vendor for that content.

Beyond that I had thought a MoV to quarks exchange. Even if it's at a very high cost of exchange it would give people something to spend those extra marks on.
    • Like x 1
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m glad you used 151617 as your example, the base items in those episodes are EPIC. I don’t think I’d ever spend MoV on anything else ever again :D
    • Like x 1
  5. Ekart Committed Player

No to the RNG boxes! :mad:
    [IMG]

Every episode should have a base item vendor where you could purchase base items with marks off victory separately, like we have in seasonal vendors.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

My bad, yes it is! Although it wouldn't hurt to add the SM base items into the mix as well.

Maybe they should add 'base item unlocking' where for a set amount of replays (depending on rarity) you can just buy unlimited base items as long as you have it on one of your toons.

I'm trying to gather Stained Glass Cathedral Windows for my now very late Spring base but they're so rare on EU server now its ridiculous. And ever the perfectionist I'm not going to compromise for something less.

And yes that too! Also at least an extra deed per toon would be nice so I don't have to take down a base to make a new one. :(
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

Well one thing at a time. :p

I'd love to unlock base-items with replays if the pricing wouldn't be over the top, but not sure how they'd implement it.

100% agree on more deeds. They upped the amount of armories you can have, shouldn't be too much of an issue to give players one or two more lair-slots I think? It would be perfect for my Main since most of the base items I have is on him. Way before I developed an interest in Lair Deco I just equipped everything without thinking. :p
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yeah, I hate the base item boxes for this reason. Fighting with RNG is a pain. If we could choose the base items we want for 4-6 marks I'll take that over what we currently have.
    • Like x 2
  9. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

This would be ideal but maybe a little too easy. That said some base items in recent episodes have gone straight on the vendor.

So maybe a Flash Museum Sign box? Or a Trigon themed box (which could contain lava, tusks, wooden bridges, cathedral windows). Or a Bombshell Poster box. That's a fairly middle ground alternative.

It would make my life a lot easier without the RnG I suppose, especially as a player like myself who decorates bases a lot would benefit the most from something like this. Buying Stained Glass Cathedral Windows for 6 Marks of Victory each would be a real help right now. :(
    • Like x 1
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I feel your pain, I want that skull throne for my hellish lair. SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! :D
  11. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I really need this right now. Putting base tours on hold wasn't what I had planned :(