[DCUO Live] dcuolive.com Shutting Down September 14th, 2018

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sore, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Sore Steadfast Player

My domain name registration is up on September 14th, 2018. I decided that I’m going to just let it go and spin down my hosting as well. I wrote the site in ASP.Net MVC (C#). I’m willing to give the code away to anybody that wants it. Feel free to spin up your own copy if you like. Otherwise I think there’s enough other great sites out there to use.

I haven’t played DCUO in a long while now. My advice to current players is to be appreciative. I really enjoyed my run with this game. Sometimes it felt like you live and die with each little new feature and bug. But in hindsight those things were trivial compared to the people you meet and the sense of accomplishment your time earns. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting great players and forming constructive relationships with the makers of this game. They truly do a great job every day given the utter challenge they assume operating a game this complex.

Thank you,

Sore
    • Like x 27
  2. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Was the headline for this thread a little misleading to anyone else? And was it intended that way? Or was it just me?
    • Like x 2
  3. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

4. Mazahs Loyal Player

Just you, or.someone who is not a long time player.
    • Like x 6
  5. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Well I read this as the game was shutting down. I misread that. To the OP, I apologize. Hey, at least I didn't take any action such as reporting it. I just left it, and asked a question to clarify.
    • Like x 1
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I read that the website dcuolive was shutting down. I guess that the post might have been more clear if it said "The website www.dcuolive.com is shutting down" but I'd guess most people figured it out when the post was not in announcements and not from Mepps that it was not a message about the game shutting down.

Sore, thanks for the great site. I'm not sure most people appreciate what it takes (and costs) to host websites. I found it to be one of the more useful ones.

Hopefully someone will pick up the torch.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  7. MrMigraine Devoted Player

A legendary name from the past - you did fine work while you were here.

I hope that you are enjoying your life every bit as much as we enjoyed your presence here on these boards and in-game.
    • Like x 8
  8. Mazahs Loyal Player

Thanks for all you have done for the players Sore.
    You have and will be missed.

Hopefully someone picks up where you leave. Best of luck to you !
    • Like x 5
  9. Plowed In Loyal Player

You’ll “Sore-ly” be missed! Thanks for keeping that up as long as you did. I really appreciate all the time and effort you spent over the years on the game (NATURE NATURE NATURE :p). Your guides were the best, #1 nature number cruncher. Thanks for that! :)

All the best!
    • Like x 3
  10. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

That's the site that I used first when looking for someone or a league. The very first site. Thanks for your work Sore and good luck to you. As Mazahs said, I hope someone can take it over.
    • Like x 3
  11. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

not if someone has used DCUO Live for stuffs... which, Im pretty sure a lot of people did.
  12. Vagrant Committed Player

I would love to use this as a website for a podcast and other things but sadly I have no idea how to code nor do I have a team that would help me do such things unfortunately. Trexlight has his own website in the works.
  13. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yea thanks a lot man. When it came out I used it all the time
    • Like x 1
  14. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Now who is going to keep your update page upto date.

By the way, I was saying thanks for all the work you put into DC.

I wasn't aware that you had not played in a while I don't keep track of those things.

Hopefully we can get someone to take over when so it dowels not stay down for long.

Again Sore,

Thank you.
  15. inferno Loyal Player

You've been missed and you will be missed. Seems like you're parting with the game on good terms, perhaps someday you will return.
  16. Ringz Dedicated Player

Only if you're new.
  17. Ringz Dedicated Player

Thank you for your work Sore
  18. Tilz Loyal Player

Wow. A legend returned. Only for a short moment, but it happened.

Thanks for all that work/guides/help over the years. Learned alot from your stuff, when I was a new player!
    Cheers! :)
  19. IamINC Dedicated Player

Thanks for all the hard work and dedication Sore , you're site helped a lot of players including myself in my early days.

Good luck in your future pal , true legend of DCUO.
  20. Saami Loyal Player

I used that site few times. I dont really care if its gone tho.
    So much a$$ kissing in one thread lol. Not sure, if i have seen anybody talking about or thanking Sore before now :)
    • Like x 1