Auras added to vendor gear and content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

If you haven't seen it already, there's a triple mark crown weekend starting tomorrow, Hooray, that's not what what's interesting, what's interesting is auras and henchmen trinket are being permanently added to the deluge vendor with feats attached to them, there's also a rare chance for them to drop in deluge content as well. We've never seen this before outside of seasonals.

How's does everyone feel about this? You think it's an interesting tactic that needs to be continued? Don't think I've ever seen anyone suggest adding cosmetics with feats attached to gear vendors.
    • Like x 9
  2. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

From what I posted in the announcement thread:
    "New rewards in the Deluge vendor is very nice. +1 to you guys and gals. I would like to see that spread out to other dlc vendors. It'll kinda freshen up old dlc etc, imo... wel at least to come back through not solely for catalyst runs. New auras... both full body and modular, new styles, new trinkets new this, new that etc."

I like it and hope they continue to do so with other dlc vendors. As for attaching feat points, thanks for them, but I would feel just the same in hoping to add new things to dlc vendors with out feats attached.
    • Like x 3
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Hmm, you mean the same auras we ordinarily get from the collections (i.e. Starro-Tech, Starro Spore, etc.) and not sure which henchmen trinket you mean...

I'll have to investigate more before I form an opinion... but I'll post this anyway because it ups my post count, lol...
    • Like x 1
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

OK. Investigation done. Looks nice. Auras obtained through gameplay and not RNG boxes. Definite yes. Boosting gameplay of content. Yes.

Selling of episode currency in the marketplace, definite no. (I know this hasn't happened, just saying it ahead of time).
    • Like x 1
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I like the fact they have feats, since they're gameplay- (and not TC-) related. Also, it looks like you only need to grab one for the feat.
    • Like x 1
  6. Malachee Committed Player

Desperate times require desperate measures. I'm sure the Devs felt they HAD to do something to try and get some excitement back in the player base. Especially after all the negativity and apathy over this underachieving "Death of Superman" fiasco.
    • Like x 2
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I think perhaps they're taking the feat attachment logic from time capsules and applying it elsewhere to the game that needs it, I think it's a smart move. Gives people reason to come back to the content at a later date, instead of standing around in the HQ scratching their- you get the point lol.

I don't think they'd ever add dlc currency to the MP, it costs more going the replay route.

Not to mention they can't afford to really piss off much more of their playerbase
    • Like x 6
  8. XEMD Well-Known Player

Where is this Delug vendor? And could you tell me a little more about it? I'm kinda confused.
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You have to be 218 cr to buy the Mera set from it. It's in central city deluge zone, teleporter is on the right if Kalibak next to the E3 teleporter, you should be able to still enter if you aren't T9 yet since the preview is still going on.
    • Like x 1
  10. XEMD Well-Known Player

Cool thanks. Now I gotta just figure out where it is on hero side lmao
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm not on test, so I guess I'll see it when I see it, but if these are the same auras we can get from the collections, just without getting the collections, fine. If these are some new items they are jamming down our throats just cause they know we will run and re-run the content to try and get more feat points, it smacks of desperation.

I've always thought they should add the ultra rare (i.e. Phoenix feather, etc...) to the appropriate vendor for an insane number of marks(like 900+)...it gives us a reason to run old content and makes it so eventually everyone can finally complete those near impossible to buy collection pieces. If this is something along those lines....nice. If not...I'll hold my opinion till I see it.

Reinheld
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

lol, central hub area with the giant holographic earth, right behind it.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Teleporter is in the Monitor Womb, right side.... vendor is near where you teleport in. You could also teleport there directly from the Map menu.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I read the additions were permanent, I think even adding LTO styles to older content would be beneficial.
    • Like x 1
  15. muellersascha Well-Known Player

Great addition to the game at a time when it is needed most. I think all of us who regularly visit the forums have seen a steady decline in game play and sentiment so hopefully this is the start of some positive changes. Good decision Devs!
    • Like x 2
  16. Zneeak Devoted Player

LOL tell me this isn't actually a thing?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  17. Ferret2 Well-Known Player

Now a double ancient coins weekend please lol. Im not at deluge just yet, have a few cr to go.
  18. useless Well-Known Player

oh no,now i'm looking at my wallet,buy replay badges,dont buy replay badges,buy replay badges....
    • Like x 1
  19. BumblingB I got better.

I'm pretty sure that the event versions give the triple crowns as well.

@OP I like the addition but feel they are doing it because of a few mistakes they did. Like allowing players who had marks from last year to use this year. Doing this adds New reason to go back into the content.
    • Like x 2
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Oh I'm aware they're fixing a mistake which is most likely why were seeing this. I was just saying it should become a trend. It helps keep longevity of content when there's more stuff besides gear to purchase. In all honesty I don't expect it to continue, but one could hope.
    • Like x 3