My ideas

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by nawanda, Jun 13, 2018.

1. nawanda Loyal Player

There is no love for the current revenue model.

Seeing as this revenue model doesn't seem to be going away, how about a thread to suggest cash grabs we would welcome and which, to the best of your understanding, would actually return a profit, taking into account anticipated development costs? Here's my list of things which I think would be reasonably straightforward to implement and which would sell well:
    • Material unlocking - how hard can this actually be to implement?
    • Artifact which offers a multiplier on LPvE 'grind' feats as its special ability at rank 160
    • R&D recovery kit which returns all mod components and not just the exobytes - or some equivalency relevant to the upcoming new system
    • Base item which produces 1 complex material per day - 1 per account - or some equivalency relevant to the upcoming new system
    • We can name our characters, our leagues, our bases, why not have something where you could pay a fee to gain a consumable which allows you to pick your own title? Or if this is too complex, just a list of titles for sale on the marketplace
    • Teleporter generator mod on marketplace which allows you to teleport into a broad range of instances, others grouped with you could follow, so long as they themselves also own the generator mod
    I would buy all of those.
  2. MrPlumberman Active Player

I can get behind the teleporter mod. Don't think everyone should have to have one to enter but would be nice to jump into old content with less than the required number of people.
    • Like x 1
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Lol. These are the worst ideas I've seen in a long time. This is only my opinion, of course.

I vote no to all of them.

As for Time Capsules, I have no idea why someone would refer to them as cancer. The SP thing I get, and stand against, but the cosmetic items really add nothing or take nothing away from anyone's gameplay. This is especially the case with the current booster bundle. If anyone dislikes it, they're free not to purchase it. Its existence affects no one's gameplay in any way negatively.

Your ideas, however, would negatively affect gameplay for many people, especially as far as SP is concerned (didn't buy a mod, sorry, can't teleport into this instance to farm feats or grab collections? Lol.)
    • Like x 3
  4. Knarlydude Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Improbable because Materials are not "style" pieces.[*]Material unlocking - how hard can this actually be to implement?

Another bandaid artifact, brilliant. Does gear even play a role in Legends?[*]Artifact which offers a multiplier on LPvE 'grind' feats as its special ability at rank 160

Gear mods are being removed so they'll probably have a similar deal like when revamp went live. [*]R&D recovery kit which returns all mod components and not just the exobytes - or some equivalency relevant to the upcoming new system

Quark Vendor. Boom.[*]Base item which produces 1 complex material per day - 1 per account - or some equivalency relevant to the upcoming new system

Aura packs, hair packs, skin packs, material packs... title packs? Pass.[*]We can name our characters, our leagues, our bases, why not have something where you could pay a fee to gain a consumable which allows you to pick your own title? Or if this is too complex, just a list of titles for sale on the marketplace

Screw the queue times for everyone else, thus driving a further wedge between new players buying subs. Brilliant.[*]Teleporter generator mod on marketplace which allows you to teleport into a broad range of instances, others grouped with you could follow, so long as they themselves also own the generator mod
    • Like x 2
  6. Saami Loyal Player

More p2win items to fight against p2w items? No thank you.
    I think that you mean better for game, but i dont think that your ideas are good.
    • Like x 3
  7. Progeekzy Level 30

Are these in exchange for something? Or is this in addition to the current paywalls? Like what are we freeing up for this?
  8. Knarlydude Loyal Player

The titles might not be a bad thing. I could see that working.
    As long as DCUO made it so that people can grind or buy them I don't think anyone would complain. Well....almost anyone xD.
  9. Ferret2 Well-Known Player

How about letting us buy amenitys for our league halls? I would pay to have broker, bank ect in my hall. Let us pay for additional league banks and slots? I would buy that from market place. There are many more things i could list for league halls i would pay cash for. Hey, when my league was still small i would of paid money just to buy us a hall.
    • Like x 2
  10. lukelucky Devoted Player

Would also be nice for newer players to actually have enough people to question for old content. Your idea hurts this and as much as it would be nice we need as many players as possible
  11. lukelucky Devoted Player

This game is designed around character customisation and styles is a huge part of that. Why do we have hundreds upon hundreds of items not really available to the majority?

The broker is a weak argument. A buddy said it best. "I raise my kids figure out how to get the money for vacations and big events. My leisure is play a game and hit stuff not repeat real life especially while paying over a hundred dollars a year"

A system that uses coveted items to get u to spend money on a system that most likely won't give u what u want

A game desperately needing more customisation options since launch offers them in a fashion unsettling to the masses and unavailable to even more

U see no issue hmm, I don't know bud
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

First, it's not "hundreds upon hundreds" of items. The majority of styles available in this game come from the episodes themselves. Time capsules have given us, what... 9 styles total?

Second, no I don't think a game's creators are obligated to provide every item to every person, when it's style and not gameplay related.

In fact, I think it's evidence of greed and entitlement to think one merits every style, lol.

It's like saying that baseball stadiums shouldn't sell memorabilia or soft drinks, etc., because not everyone can afford these items or chooses to buy them.

Or airplanes shouldn't have a business class because it's unfair to the customers who are in coach.

Put simply, if you want something, and it doesn't come with the game, buy it. If you don't want to buy it, learn to live without it. It's not the end of the world, and people have plenty of other styles they can get for free.
  13. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

Some things I disagree with but it seems like some people have missed the point of the thread being created, so I’ll try to explain without going into much detail.

The OP is saying that instead of relying on Time Capsules, and other stuff that may be deemed “cancerous” to the game, they should introduce some other ideas that might actually be worth buying, and he put his ideas out there. I don’t initially agree with most of the ideas except for maybe the title consumable but I for one do love the concept of this thread because it addresses the issues with the game, and calls for improvement in certain aspects.
  14. Great Architect Loyal Player

Define "Cash Grab"? It seems to be a loaded reference to things that an individual doesn't, themselves, want to pay for?
  15. Great Architect Loyal Player

I have exactly *one* issue with TCs - but that's undercut by the fact that I have never paid to open one.

If you're going to introduce artifacts to "address" the WE/Hybrid/SP deficit, don't wrap it in a TC, FFS, you wankers.
    • Like x 1
  16. lukelucky Devoted Player

Each aura has 10 variants in total. Materials can have how many variants?

White solar aura was developed how long ago but stayed on the shelf till now.

There is literally hundreds of options. Every rng item has 10 variants. Do the math
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Not sure where you're getting that number from... are you even talking about items released in game anymore?

Yes, we get it, you want it ALL, and you want it NOW.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

19. lukelucky Devoted Player

First we pay well over a hundred dollars a year so we absolutely want a fair shot at anything developed and added to the game.

Let's go over in game aura colors
    Red, orange, yellow, dark blue, light blue, purple, pink, white, black, and green. Look at that ten variants per aura and then u times that by how many have come out since all this started. Auras many may not even know exists. Radiant, og nimbus, og smoke and understand this has been going on for years

The white solar is a great example. Do u believe this was just developed? They had this how long ago but it was never used and never earned dcuo any money. How many other items fall under the same boat? Correct answer is to many BTW

Being clear I am referring to the worst business model I ever saw in limited time luck based rewards.
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

FTFY. Most online games incorporate some version of loot box nowadays.