June 2018 Rant Thread

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by loupblanc, Jun 13, 2018.

1. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Everyone encounters situations in DCUO which are just so exasperating, so I thought a thread dedicated to ranting would be appropriate, rather than having separate rant threads being created when you just went to vent some frustration when seeing idiotic behaviour.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Its June 2018. And this Mental Controller is using Invisibility, Psychic Prison, maybe even Mass Terror (can't really remember). No usage of Psychic Empowerment, probably not even on his loadout. Maybe some defense/damage debuff on bosses. Unnecessarily skips adds in alerts. So clearly trying to do damage in controller stance but still not being able to dish out enough damage.

And after I send a tell to him about his lack of controlling, he tells me to use weapon combos in between and wait for my power to return.

Its bloody June 2018 and we still have players with a DPS style mentality while being in support role.

[IMG]

Let the rant continue.
    • Like x 5
  2. Tilz Loyal Player

Came here for some Dev-Bashing.
    Stayed for the gifs. (Wahts the 2nd gif from?)

But lol. That troll is funny... xD
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

And you didn't kick him because?
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Someone been copying from Tech warriors notebook.

Ranting is healthy though I suppose, and scenarios like this aren't surprising anymore since the game does very little to teach anyone about support roles. They expect players to know what to do from reading descriptions, when many learn better actually doing a tutorial
    • Like x 2
  5. Tilz Loyal Player

At least the troll played the troll role ;)
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

At least he didn't tell you to drink a soder like some healers.
  7. Tilz Loyal Player

Sorry :(

But someone needs to tell the ppl at the boss to get their sh*t together and not standing in AoEs, etc.... Oh wait... it's the tank.. :confused:
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm Fire so I have to roll out and use the closest DPS as a shield... *shrugs*
    • Like x 4
  9. TheOriginalCirocband Active Player

It’s 2018 and I’m surprised the devs still haven’t made a decent tutorial that includes different roles. I feel when leveling a character and you get to lvl 10 and you are able to unlock your other role, there should be an extra tutorial mission that you have to do and this mission will explain both dps and whatever your other role is. Maybe there can be a little trial run at the end of it like, dps the enemies for one. Then switch to heal role and heal maybe your mentor that’s assisting you. Or give them back power in troll role using POT and an instant power ability. In tank role it can be block a certain amount of damage. But something needs to be done to teach people their roles. The fact that they added an artifact mission but not a tutorial mission is appalling.
    • Like x 2
  10. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

"Its June 2018. And this Mental Controller is using Invisibility, Psychic Prison, maybe even Mass Terror (can't really remember). No usage of Psychic Empowerment, probably not even on his loadout. Maybe some defense/damage debuff on bosses. Unnecessarily skips adds in alerts. So clearly trying to do damage in controller stance but still not being able to dish out enough damage."

Its June 2018, and players should be able to play the game their way, without the entire DCUO community trying to dictate to them how to play. The mental troll is probably playing in battle stance for an alert, while the power return will be less than optimal, you should still be able to complete the instance fairly easily, especially if he is playing it correctly (mental is pretty strong in this regard). Drink a soda, have a snickers, the instance will be over soon, and you can get back to you merry life of tank and spank raids, where you can pew pew pew till your little heart is content.
    • Like x 1
  11. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

The game does NOTHING to teach roles.

Im still blown away they can create all this content but cant or won't make time to make a 5 minute instanced tutorial to explain each role while leveling.
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This is the best post of the week. :)

Now, aside from that, I actually love this idea.

It could honestly be a fun idea for a tank power (though I've always thought shadow tanks should be more related to evading and phasing through damage) "Transfer a portion of your incoming damage to all of your teammates around you!" "Transfers 100% of damage to the closest DPS... if the DPS dies, they will automatically be resurrected with 5% health."

Oh, the trolling it would lead to! So much fun!
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What if there was a damage sharing artifact? You get hit with a potential one shot but a percentage of that incoming damage gets divided amongst your teammates?
    • Like x 1
  14. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Remember when you could use Meatball as a shield? And then the Healer would get all upset because you weren't getting his heals?

Good times, good times... :D
    • Like x 1
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Meatball sub sounds amazing, thanks for the idea!
    • Like x 1
  16. loupblanc Dedicated Player

No idea. I just googled angry gif and found that.
  17. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Tried. The other two in the alert voted no.
  18. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Having power dump in controller loadout is basic and the minimum requirement.

I don't care if controllers don't always use power dump, or if they are doing battle trolling. I don't care if they are in dps gear and full dps stat focused but switch to controller to try battle trolling.

But not using power dump one SINGLE time for a controller in an alert is total crap.

I am not elitist. I don't need to do the maximum full possible. Like how for my Mental character or Gadgets character, I don't bother with using Stealth or Invisibility nowadays to achieve maximum dps potential. Mainly cos I don't like the flow and its a little too troublesome, even though I have used it before.

As for tanking and spanking and pew pewing, I can perform all 4 roles. I do PVE group content with a group mentality, and try to help the group in any way so that run is smooth and completed with not much time wasted.

Yes, people should not be compelled to play according to other people's dictates and expectations.

But some things are basic requirements. Having a power dump in a controller loadout is a BASIC requirement. If one does not fulfill basic requirements, they are a detriment to the group.

Yes, not everyone can play at the same level. But some people just wilfully ignore basic requirements, and always use the elitist argument and say they will play their own way and no one else can say or do anything. But wifully ignoring basic requirements ironically also means one is dictating other people's actions. Cos now, other people are forced to pick up the slack.
  19. loupblanc Dedicated Player

No, actually I copied it from Smite Forum. There is a monthly thread dedicated to Ranting.
  20. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

the easiest way they could have solved the whole casting pot thing was just having a little red message flashing over your ui bar going

"refresh power over time.".

not quite as subtle as the lightning bolt icon but then how long did it take for all of us to figure out what all those little icons meant anyway?

thats all it would have taken.

the whole auto pot thing blows chunks.

i think the rest would have fallen into place.