Reduce XP Required for 160 Artifacts

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Charmed Legacy, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

The current artifacts at 120 have 167,785 XP. At 160 the artifacts have 717,750. That leaves a difference of 549,965. So to get 120 levels it takes 167k and to get an additional 40 levels its going to take 549k??? I understand the XP scales with the levels, but 549k for 40 levels doesn't even seem realistic. Especially when you start factoring in people carrying more than one artifact.

Players are carrying 2+ per role. So if a player has 1 main role and 2 main artifacts for that role it will take 1.1m XP to achieve 160 on their artifacts. Players who duel role and carry 2 per role are looking at 2.2m XP to max out their 4 artifacts to 160. Lets not even get started on those of us with alts...Does this even sound realistic to anyone?

This isn't a realistic expectation put onto players. It's also not realistic to put on new players who will have to gain the entire 717k for each artifact when joining the game. It's more than triple what it takes to do 120 levels just to get the final 40 new levels. That's insane...
    • Like x 12
  2. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

There’s already a topic on this
    • Like x 2
  3. Ully Committed Player

I completely agree. The amount of XP required to reach the new milestones are absurd and gross. Reduce the xp or increase the drop rates significantly .
    • Like x 5
  4. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Yeah I posted in the other thread as well. This is unacceptable. I have 3 artifacts myself all at 120 and I cant see myself trying to level all of them to 160 with the grind it will take me. Im not even gonna try. The devs try to encourage flexibility and diversity, but then their greed stabs them in the foot. If they truly think this is gonna fly, then they gotta another thing coming. I usually sit back and let things be, but Im not gonna this time.
    • Like x 5
  5. Brav Well-Known Player

Just Sharing my Comment from another Thread Related to this Topic.

Having Nth Metal Experience Increases and Drop Rate Increases for Higher Tiers should Help Level Up Higher Ranked Artifacts.

Reducing the Experience Requirement May help as well, Though the Current Increase Pattern is Doubled. If they Reduce it, They will have to Change the Current Pattern for the Experience Requirements by Several Milestone (Ranks) Increases.

(Example: Rank 120 = 150K (Experience Requirement) + 75K (Experience) for R140 = 225K (ER), + 112.5K (E) for R160 = 337.5K (ER), + 168.75K (E) for R180 = 506.25K (ER), +253.125K (E) for R200 = 759.38K (ER) + 379.69K (E) for R220 = 1139.07 (ER) + 569.54 (E) for R240 = 1708.61 (ER), and so on).

Basically the New Pattern will be Reducing the Experience Requirement by Half instead of Doubling it. This will Start from Rank 120 as to not Interfere with the Current Experience Requirement for the Lower Ranks Currently in the Live Game. Though Eventually the Experience Requirement will Reach the Current Amount, Which will be Quite High for the Nth Metal Experience Currently Dropping.

So I still Believe Increasing the Nth Metal Experience and the Drop Rate for Higher Tiers will Help Alleviate the Current Slow Progression we are Experiencing when Leveling Higher Ranked Artifacts.
  6. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

The increments for absolutely negligible gains...

NSFW

Not just for one, but for up to 8 artifacts currently. How many people are running two artifacts at 60 each? 80 each? 100 each? 120 each or a mix of between 20 and 120 dual equipped?

The increments for nth metal xp, the increment increase for catalysts, the in game cost or increment mp cost is becoming far too tedious, too off putting to grind or even care to leveling up artifacts be it one or two or all for that matter. You had something good going, now in track record fashion are f'n it up.

its beyond bbullshitt and y'all, DBG, are smoking it by the ton. With every hit y'all take its just sucking the fun out of whats left in the game.

So again
    • Like x 2
  7. nawanda Loyal Player

It is becoming the case that aspiring to have multiple artifacts at the top rank is unrealistic. It's time to choose a main artifact for one character on your account, I guess.

It takes someone with two master's degrees in truly pointless subjects to come up with a scheme as conniving and self-defeating as this.
    • Like x 3
  8. Schimaera Devoted Player

Seconded. If you devs want my money you better reduce the amount of XP needed :p
    • Like x 2
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

When did the artifacts get bumped up to 160??

On a second note I called this happening and a few people, even in this thread thought I was just being paranoid lol
    • Like x 3
  10. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

You noob pay attention it's on test server :p lol. I also messaged you last night.
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

There's no announcements for it though, even checked staff post tracker, unless I missed something.

Also I haven't checked discord yet this morning so shut up >_>
    • Like x 1
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

i would like to get each defeated enemy have a chance to drop Nth metal (instead of the timer) and way more for sure....
    • Like x 1
  13. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Slacker!!! LOL :p
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I second this though. 700k exp is way too much considering many people level multiple artifacts across multiple toons, not to mention the pics I've seen of the stat increases , that amount of exp isn't worth the bonuses you get.
    • Like x 2
  15. Ringz Dedicated Player

Like i said in the other thread. Better bring that same heat when they do their "we listen to the community" change.
    • Like x 2
  16. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Obviously, if players are forced to invest time and real $ for stats increases with diminishing returns, then players will go

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

The way I see it is, these Artifacts are suppose to last us a long time. What happens after we reach the end cap on Artifacts? Im curious, really?

So I dont mind it taking maybe 3 or so months maybe 5 to max one out completely from 0 to 160.

BUT

When you give the players not one, not two, but 4 Artifacts to choose upon if youre playing dual roles, what do you expect from that? I certainly dont like where this is going at the moment.

What I dont like?

The reward isnt worth the grind.

I think it might need to be looked at.
  18. Dene Devoted Player

You two and your friendly bickering is missed LOL
    • Like x 2
  19. Dene Devoted Player

i got 3 to purple.. (120) but seriously am not going to get 3 to 160 any time soon.. or even later, i'm guessing
  20. Yaiba Committed Player

160 artifacts hmmmm :eek: