problem with faction feat: DoS2

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by stärnbock, Jun 7, 2018.

1. stärnbock Devoted Player

there is a collection, both sides have the same pieces, yet the feat it gives when completed is called differently for hero and villains, wich is why you can not buy the feat over to your alts on the other side. you need to collect each piece twice to get the feat done twice for them... and i am not ok with that... well, not asking for a change, however: i hope things like that will not repeat in the future. not sure if intended, just very annoying IMHO ^^'
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Have no problem with that
    We already have feats that can't be shared, Style Feats: while you may be able to get the Styles on the other faction, you won't be getting the Feat
    • Like x 1
  3. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Never seen that before .. very strange glitch. Question .. I thought they were doing away with NEED GREED IGNORE? Basically just another form of RNG and it could be very frustrating. You could do an entire raid and walk out with no new gear at all .. not even stuff that isn't really helpful but at least you could salvage it.
    • Like x 1
  4. spack2k Steadfast Player

the collection pieces will be worth nothing in few days + the rare on the broker cost 25 marks ...
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

i think it is just an unnecessary hit towards alts. thats all i am saying.
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It's only a 'problem' if you view your alts as the unwanted ginger step-child, instead of 'another character to play'

For me, Haast's is the primary Hero and Chris the primary Villain, butt don't have a 'main' and certainly don't consider the other four as 'secondary characters, only to be dragged out to fill a role'. During events, play them all equally (the reason they are so different in levels, is because outside of Events, only play them three days a year, and that includes both Haast's and Chris)
    • Like x 1
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

so, you complete the collections on both sides and are totally fine with it? got it.
    the collection is realy cheap and i did complete it on both sides too now. noteworthy:
    the feat not only has a different name, it also gives you another title for both sides ^^
    playing my hero (fire) and villain (ice) allmost equally now and got a lot of alts too...
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yes, and only complete the Seasonal or Event Collections once all characters have all the pieces (took me about two years to complete the two Summer Collections, and it will be at least one more year before can complete the Valentine's Day Collection {still have a couple of each kind missing})
    • Like x 1
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

realy? why? honestly, are you trolling me?
    well, i don't even care about feats for alts
    (exept fire and ice wich both get everything),
    and as soon as i get the collection feat done,
    i sell every doublicate on the broker for $$$.
    guess you are trolling me, i don't believe it:
    completing collections on alts makes 0 sense.
  10. myandria Item Storage

Well...

I too try to complete collections on my alts, both hero and villain. There is no trolling here; some people actually play that way. I usually share my collection duplicates with my alts (if possible) to cut down on farming time, When all of my alts have the collection(s), I will mail/trade freely the extras to my friends. If they don't need them, THEN I will put them on the broker for a cheap price (usually between 100-1000 in game money). I have always played MMO's this way and many MMO's don't allow much feat/style sharing so I'm not too bothered by this.
    • Like x 1
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Why would troll you? To me, an 'alt' does not mean 'alternate' butt 'another lucky toon', already mentioned don't have a 'main'

Like myandria, will share extras with the other characters (Villains share with Villains first, Heroes share with Heroes first, starting with the 'Leaders'), any duplicates get sold for whatever is a decent amount (during the event when hundreds are being sold for 1c each, will simply destroy them)
    • Like x 1
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

interesting: wouldnt have thought there are ppl doing so...
    i complete every collection on the same character for feats,
    it never came to me to do the same collection a second time...
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Well, if you have more than one character (even if it's a Bank Mule), then why not? Specially if they are different gender (although, with the Style Unlock, you can see what most of the styles look like while cross-dressing in your closet)