DCUO Teases Teen Titans and Augments this Summer

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 1, 2018.

1. BumblingB I got better.

This... Looks very promising. My ears are perked up. I will be paying attention to this.

Thank you Mepps for the reply.
    • Like x 2
  2. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Am I the only one that has a jingle in their head when they read about Red Robin in this thread?
    • Like x 4
  3. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

This just reaks of another way to take advantage of the artifact seal and breakthrough rates. Ill happily be proven wrong but i doubt it.
    • Like x 4
  4. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Will Nth Metal be used as well? I really hope that isn't the case.
    • Like x 1
  5. Masm Active Player

Hey all

As it was just announced we'll be getting that Teen Titans Episode in July followed by a revamp to the R & D system called Augment.

Wanted to put a thread together to discuss whats been announce, and maybe talk about our hopes and dreams for what could come.

I for one hope the new area is huge, they mentioned a variety of single player and multiplayer content around the island and the tower, which sounds promising. Also, having Titan Tower as a new player hub will be a nice change. (Maybe add a bank, mail box, and broker, so we don't have to go back and forth to watch tower as much)

I know one of the things the community has been talking about is the removal of having to kill X amount of adds a week. If this is again added with this content, I would hope, at least, they will give us the ability to complete these missions in Challeneges/Duo/ Raids, as opposed to just the open world.

I'm really Happy to see more coming to R & D. It'll be sad to see mods go...but no so sad to not have to farm materials.
    Augments sound interesting, the only thing that worries me is the "leveling up like Artifacts". So I do have some questions, in hoping they didn't replace one grind with another.

Will the MOD/Augment replacement be 1:1 meaning every body slot will have an augment slot rather than MOD slot?

Will we have to farm materials like Nth Metal and Catalyst to level these? Or will it have a more progressive leveling system, like a special XP that drops of ADDs in the new Area?

I'm sure all this will be answered later in a live stream or something, but it would be nice to have a little more info on these things to help increase the excitement.

I'm always excited for new content, but dreading that it, like the last few episodes, are going to follow the same lay out.

Cheers
  6. Zneeak Devoted Player

If you're wondering what to do with all those exobyte stacks i'll gladly accept a few mail-attachments lol :cool:
    • Like x 1
  7. velvetsanity Loyal Player

8. velvetsanity Loyal Player

If you’re wondering what to do with Atlantean Focusing Elements, I’ll take them. Most of my generator mods are still 6.3s :p
    • Like x 2
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Nope. I'm that old too, lol.
    • Like x 1
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

The Augment system sounds awesome as long as it's 100% related to in-game items only (since it's replacing equipment mods which follow the same pattern). Easier to manage, not having to try and remember how many of each of 7 different things you need to create the next one.

And the Teen Titan's Episode also sounds really cool. Hoping it's like E3 in terms of immersion and quality.

Also, thanks Mepps for working hard on this announcement. I know you may have had to scrap together something quickly to answer the multiple cries for new info, so thanks for this thread. Really good info.
    • Like x 4
  11. Yaiba Committed Player

I'm more worry about the cost for leveling up Augment. Based on Mepps said, we use exobits/exobytes to upgrade Augment. And now we are at Tier 9, what do you think? I can't imagine how high the cost is o_O (around 100+ bytes...)
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

I got plenty of plans for them, depending on what they decide to make of them. You can keep your puny 6.3s :p
    • Like x 2
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

• Like x 3
  14. Hraesvelg Always Right

Well, I liked Miami Vice and Last of the Mohicans, so I'm willing to give this a shot.
    • Like x 1
  15. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yessssss! I'm so excited for the Judas Contract. Augments sound great too. I'm probably going to sound like BumblingB here (hey!) but I hope Augments make keeping alts easier. I've had to drop a couple of my characters from active rotation since revamp because when DPSing with them the power costs are super high and I don't have the time to properly mod them.
    • Like x 4
  16. BlackSuperGirl Committed Player

So what will happen with our current mods? I have got 21 Might Special Forces mods on my Bank, so will be they deleted?
  17. GreySkull New Player

I hope the devs addressed the support / dps problem which plague us in choosing which perks we use in our generator and elite gear with this new augment system. If were stuck choosing one or the other and don't give us the ability to upgrade both roles, this augmentation addition will only cause more dissatisfaction and be a complete waste of time. Not to mention if there like artifacts then I hope they can be removed just as easy and save to an armory build, then that would be cool. Last thing, Controllers really have the most useful elite perks and have some pretty awesome artifacts that help their role really effectively. I don't feel that the other roles can say the same thing as far as overall options and effectiveness especially Tanks. I hope they give every role cool and USEFUL augments for all roles and POWERS. Of course they may need time to develop and release this new tech which I will be patient for but in the end they need to solve these issues not create new ones. Yes I'm looking at you Mepps
  18. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  19. Masm Active Player

Well, at least it will be worth it for those who still need to complete the Tragic the Gathering feat. :D
    • Like x 2
  20. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

1. So this only affects equipment mods?
    2. The crafted generator mods in our bases require the same parts to create?
    3. We can still craft soder colas that buff our stats using exobytes, plans, and enhancers?