Oh please no, not the scuba!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 9001BPM, May 31, 2018.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

So, a little background. On the mesa body, there’s some rather bizarre rips around the neck on most of the original slimlines, observe:

[IMG]

But that’s ok, because my beloved scuba was unaffected:

[IMG]

Until I log in after the update to find this:

[IMG]

Panicking, I log in. But it’s ok because I find it only looks like that on Character Select. It’s completely fine in game. So whatever, I’ll just log out wearing my casual clothing armoury. But today, it’s now happening in cutscenes too:

[IMG]

Please, do something! I’m begging you! :(
    • Like x 3
  2. Megzilla Developer

I'll get eyes on this, thanks.
    EDIT: This is being investigated.
    • Like x 7
  3. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m so sorry I feel strongly about something, won’t do it again. :p
    • Like x 7
  5. Irvynnge Loyal Player

same for me.
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Dear Meg, HELP
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

What's the issue? Can't see it, unless you're asking for help because your toon looks so awesome, sigh. I wish I had the Wings of Sin.
    • Like x 1
  8. inferno Loyal Player

I think his head in the first pic is messed up.

**sigh** that was easier to spot than the problem in the original post. In that one, all I saw was the two bazingas!! Lol.
    • Like x 3
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Don’t worry, I’ve had this character for like three years and I still find myself being... hypnotised every now and again. I believe she’s a graduate of the Tifa Lockhart School of Brawling. :D
    • Like x 1
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Head is messed up in Character Select, same for slimsuit style heads. The ears and other facial features stick out.
    • Like x 2
  11. Knarlydude Loyal Player

IMO, that looks like shadowing. The light is coming from above casting shadows.
  12. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Shadows are not skin colored :p
    • Like x 3
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

"An ancestor of mine maintained that if you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Extra points if anyone knows what movie (or what character) this quote is from.
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Curious choice of words. :eek:
  15. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Can’t say for that exact quote, but I believe it originates with the stories written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle...
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

You're absolutely right.

The actual quote is from Spock (stuck in a Star Trek frame of mind today since watching those videos of the old Bones, lol) in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, who in turn quotes Sherlock Holmes.

The fact Spock calls either Sherlock or Sir Arthur Conan Doyle his "ancestor" is a fun tidbit not many people catch.

So, if shadows aren't normally skin colored, the circumstances in this case mean that they must be skin colored in DCUO.

Same thing with rabbits. If you cut off their hind legs, they go deaf. Scientists figured that out after telling a trained rabbit to jump. When they cut off its legs, it no longer obeyed their commands, meaning it must have gone deaf.
  17. velvetsanity Loyal Player

*facepalm*
    • Like x 1
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Progress report? :(
  19. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

i was wondering what was going on, i noticed that in my selection too. Jute shirt tears, clubs mask & skull mask bugs, shroud of anubis face not showing up, etc. definitely annoying if someone wants to see all your characters & half of them is jacked up on the selection so u cant just screenshot them.
  20. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

if only they could market the bug that makes your necks disappear in real life. there'd never be another need for a stabilizer again...
    • Like x 1