The Valkyrie Sorceress [COMMENTS THREAD]

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by velvetsanity, Mar 13, 2018.

1. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Finally gotten past the hardest part of the chapter...so progress has definitely been made.
  2. velvetsanity Loyal Player

So...chapter 5 is ready for editing. I think. I’ll look it over some more and send it for editing this weekend if I have time.
    • Like x 1
  3. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

[IMG]
  4. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Fair warning - the second half is potentially triggering for survivors of **** or other trauma, though there’s nothing even remotely graphic in it. That’s a big part of why it’s taken so long, what happened to Tanja in high school is essentially a combination of several events I’ve survived in my own life. That kind of pain is not easy to write about. :(
  5. August Jade New Player

* leaves Velvet hugs to support her *
  6. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Chapter 5 is up.
    • Like x 1
  7. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

[IMG]
    I have to say Velvet that this chapter was fantastic. The beginnng was interesting with the Chinese mystical friends because the conversations felt very down to earth. But that last part which I have to thank you for giving the heads up really hit me. Yes, it touches a serious matter but the way you applied it into your story was well done. I just wanted to give Tanja a big hug to comfort her like Raven did.
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

One thing forgot to say: would have been to nice to have included an image of the dresses, just to show the style as personally have no idea what they were supposed to look like
  9. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

A QiPao dress is a traditional Chinese one piece tight fit dress
    [IMG]
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Ooo, thank you, that does look nice
  11. velvetsanity Loyal Player

They’re also often referred to as cheongsam (which is a more generic term for a long garment - refer to a bathrobe as cheongsam and you would be correct) by those not familiar with the term qipao.

I made a good start on chapter 6, but got distracted by E3. Can’t wait for CP2077! :D
    • Like x 1
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Neither name really means anything to me, butt thank you
    • Like x 1
  13. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  14. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

Hey Velvet
    That's quite a story you put together. It was really moving. The ending was gut-wrenching but you managed to present it in a way that wasn't gratuitously violent. The part with the snooty older woman really was intriguing to me and the interactions between characters were well done. Nice job and keep up the good writing.
  15. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I’ve been rather busy these last few months, thanks to work...I really do have plans to continue the story, though...please be patient...
    • Like x 1
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Always patient for quality work :D
    • Like x 1