6 Months in, and what do we have to show?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Masm, May 30, 2018.

1. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This makes me wonder if you actually read the OP, or are just repeating cliches.

He stated clearly what's wrong, why it's wrong, and what he wants the game to be. How is that not feedback? And not once did he say the game was trash.
  2. Ringz Dedicated Player

This is the best thread I've seen this year so far.

Unfortunately OP, we have(actually who I discovered from folks) "a few" players who would do anything they can to keep their favorite only superhero game up. Even if it means supporting bad practices.

Also, we're talking about a community who still supported the game during 2014-2015, when devs communication was literally non-existence. But a shot is a shot.
    • Like x 1
  3. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

The game is surviving, despite anyone's criticisms people are buying the things they are selling.

The majority of players do not go on the forums or post on them and at this point if this game was losing money the powers that be in charge would have cut the strings (considering the way it's owned it wouldn't be "game first"). Which means that the game is at least "breaking even" (although I doubt very few people would truly argue that it's at that state. Again is the population low, yes. Lower than it's every been, probably a safe bet. Have a group of people still subbing and spending money on various things not caring what's going on, you betcha.

I will say it before and say it again, this game has almost always never been about long term plans (if one was being gracious you could argue the few "long term plans" never panned out... but most of those weren't even about making actual money for the game... so it's a different beast in my book). There are a lot of things that could make this game "more money"... the community as a whole has given several over the years (you could probably find several in the past month).

Will never know but is anyone not thinking they made a "killing" with the launch of style unlocking... and again the powers that be just churn out more on what the community is spending as a whole.. either because they think it's what's truly desirable or they just see dollar signs.
  4. Masm Active Player

You my friend are a gentleman/woman? and a scholar.

Let me rephrase my post in the Sunshine and Rainbows style.

Hey All In the DCUO Community Masm here with some recap and feed back for our favorite superhero game DCUO!!!!

Man it has been an intense 6 months to say the least!

Anti-Monitor didn't learn his lesson the last time and had to be beaten back to the multiverse.
    Thanks Devs for implementing the Krypto pet for our bases to give those that completed the event last year a little something to go after.

Starro re emerged its ugly tentacles once again, but this time it's here to stay as we team up with Aquaman and Mera to dig into Deluge.
    Central City PD and Spin Drift Station was a great addition to give the story a more in depth feel.

While the content thus far has been GREAT and we truly thank our devs. I'm sad as a player to see the content come and go so quickly.

Sure things like Artifacts, collects, and feats gives us things to do in the mean time.....But these things ( especially to more frequent players) can become tedious, and cause interest to drop.

Here are some suggestions I feel would break up some of the monotony currently

1) Longer, more in depth story experience.

Currently the content being released every few months, revolves around 4 - 5 missions to be repeated daily/weekly, and the inclusion of the following, Challenge, Duo, Alert, Raid. Elite Raid.

This model is what brought life back to DCUO late 2016 with AF3, and was awesome to get people in the game again. - One of the biggest draw backs I feel for this model was the ability to access end game content such as raids right away. Which, isn't really a bad thing, but contributes the content being completed so quickly.

A nice change to this model that I feel would bring about many other opportunities for the game would be implementing a bigger progression system into the game. By this I mean, raising the level cap.

I have a really great idea for story progression to implement something like this, however this is not the time nor the place.

With a level cap to pursue, this gives the devs, and story writers a chance to really shine with missions that can take us through our levels to end game.

2) Increased focus on our Mentors, Reputations, and Renown:

Back in the early days of DC or individual Mentors had separated story arcs, and renown to increase to be able to get gear that made you end game ready.

Currently renown is still in the game, but is only gained by defeating elite bosses, and used to unlock elite gear end game. With the last episode Deluge, you were able to reach max renown by completing 9 Elite Starr Raids and using a renown booster from the market place.

Reworking the Renown and Reputation systems with a level cap would give more replay value for a single character, and reduce the need to grind out multiple toons if you crave longer play time.

3) Financing the game with out Time Capsules and Booster Bundles

Time Capsules and Booster Bundles were a breathe of fresh air for those who couldn't wait to get their hands on iconic styles and cosmetics. With Time Capsules only being $1 it was totally a steal, and we got to support our game to success. However now with all the varieties of time capsules its almost impossible to get a hold of older items with out feeling like its a gamble.

and of course I know these items are bringing a lot of revenue for the game which is why I propose the following
    - Charging for Expansions. Yes, if you are FTP you still pay for an episode, and subs get access for free. However, if Daybreak were to put out Expansions, with things like level cap increases, more indepth stories and so forth. They could make these paid expansions. I for one would GREATFULLY pay for more to be added to the DC Universe. Of course, you would still need to keep the sub on top of this but I feel paid expansions would be the dawning of a new day.

- Time Capsule/Booster Bundle/Future Styles Cosmetics on the market: Yes Time Capsules were great in the past, but now the large amount of them makes it nearly impossible to get some wanted items. Sadly with all the amazing QoL updates we got Material Unlocking isn't able to be done. So why not put these styles, mats and others cosmetics on the marker for out right purchase.

These are just some of the many ideas i've had after playing the game for so many years.....
    Yeh my feedback can be harsh at some points, and I can come off as complaining or venting, but that should show the passion I have to really see this gave survive in the long run.

Yeh the food is s!@t, but I still eat it.
    • Like x 3
  5. Coelha Well-Known Player

This is how i feel, i used to play at least 8 hours a day non-stop in the past. I feel like the episodes are too repetitive + we have no SM, i was about to get my tank elite gear, but for what? To have it replaced before i can actually use it for something?

The doomsday event was everything boring we get in a episode condensed in 1 place: Kill adds and press a button, farm 1 billion times a bounty, kill ### adds. I was one of the guys who didn't play the Starro event last year and I feel like DELUGE wasn't a great episode or a rewarding one, it was supposed to be a good episode for 3-4 months, but it is so repetitive that i'm already done with it.

Really waiting for them to do something AF2/AF3/HOP1/HOP2 level again and bring SM back, otherwise i'll end up getting tired of the game again (like during monthly content), as much as i love it, if things stay the way they are, i won't support it like i used to do in the past.
  6. majosea Dedicated Player

I miss the old days when content is what you paid for or being a member was all you needed
    not all these pay walls . pay to win
    I cant support the game anymore , I 'm not quiting but at the same rate I not spending anyone money on the game
    • Like x 3
  7. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Dont worry, fixed it for you.
  8. Knarlydude Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  9. myandria Item Storage

Masm said:
    Sorry for the late reply. I would charge a fee for the expansion along with the sub fee, that along with styles on the market for purchase.

Ahh, the good old days when MMO's did just that: you had to *pay* to *play*, meaning that you could not play unless you subscribed, and then you still had to pay for each expansion with most items available via npc vendors or player to player selling/trading; marketplaces back then had very few offerings. What killed this business model was online casual free gaming with a la carte purchasing that allowed players to spend money as they wanted to, not how a game told you to. With console games joining the a la carte purchase business model I can assure you that the "flat fee" you are suggesting will just fall flat on deaf ears.

Today's game companies want to include EVERYONE, not just those who have a passion for gaming. Each person interested in a game has a dollar sign over their heads (Sims reference) and that means game companies have the potential to make a profit from every gamer that plays their games.

I do agree with some of your points; however, no game or company is perfect. It is up to the individual player to decide what he/she will put up with and move forward with that decision.

I still play Everquest, which is now in its 19th year despite it's dated graphics; it's the aesthetics of the game that keep me playing it; but then again, that's just me.
    • Like x 2
  10. SuperHarley Active Player

Time Capsules are here to STAY, they like it or not. We will be able to get cool styles and feats, they like it or NOT.

Time Capsules are probably the BEST way to support the game they EVER made. We can get a LOT of things just by buying them, which is a PLUS for everyone who CAN'T play the entire day.

The forum cry babies are just a minority who come here to complain because they have NOTHING else to do, it's all the same thing everday. Remove TCs: devs said TCs are really profitable, removing them WILL DECREASE content quality and the number of styles we get! Buff elite raids: Almost no one got time or care about that thing, just a MINORITY of few elitists, the same ones who never buy bundles or capsules to support the game, so let everyone enjoy them or just REMOVE them from the game. Bring Survivor Mode back: Will I have to quote Mepps saying no one played that?

The DOS event could be better, with Superman styles and maybe a duo, but it's a CHILL event just to have fun.

The game is doing FINE, not everything is PERFECT, but most of the players today are having FUN and paying to support the game, if people are going to complain, at least they need to be REASONABLE and think about EVERYONE else and the company's NEED to make money.

I was worried they would EAT jack in the livestream, but just a few showed up in chat to talk about nonrelevant things. You may HATE him, but the old guy made the game SUPER profitable with TCs and artifacts.

SOME things could change? YES, but i don't want to lose my game because of a few elitists.
    • Like x 1
  11. TestReporter Loyal Player

So...Everyone = You and elitists = Everyone who don't agree with you? Looks REASONABLE :rolleyes:.
    • Like x 2
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I hope you get a medal in the mail for siding with everything the devs do, you deserve it.
    • Like x 8
  13. TestReporter Loyal Player

It remembers me a guy... You know, he was on t.... I wonder how much daybreak pays them to talk good things about the game and never complain about ****. I better stay quiet before i get banned.
    • Like x 3
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It's almost like folks aren't allowed to think freely for themselves. Sure some complaints are a little ridiculous, but it's the complaints that are valuable feedback for improving the game, not people that just blindly say yes to everything the devs do.

People here are amazing.
    • Like x 7
  15. majosea Dedicated Player

lol keep telling yourself the game is fine , time capsules are great ,
    keep saying it til the servers are empty ,
    Like Myself and others have drop subs & no longer support the game
    because of this injustice'
    the game has changed ,
    1 no longer fun
    2 a money grab
    3 less content or rush recycled
    4 less benefits for members
    5 more gambling
    6 more bugs that never get fixed
    the list goes on & on
    7. sum all up you keep paying for progression that gets nerfed or clamped
    gear
    sp
    artifacts

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. TestReporter Loyal Player

[IMG]
    Wondering if they will stay like this for their entire life, just because of some "prestige" they get, if it can be called that way.
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This is a productive discussion. If you had replied in this way to the OP, then you would have contributed something earlier.

And yes, complaining is feedback, especially when stating the reasons for the complaints clearly.

Of course, I can see that you like to live in a fantasy world where everything is perfect all the time, and complaints don't exist, I guess.

When you go to work, you smile at your coworkers and keep quiet at company meetings, even if you feel you're treated unfairly and don't like the fact the company doesn't pay you your entire salary on time. When you go to a drive-through, you say thank you and pay, even if your hamburger has a bite taken out of it and your order is incorrect. When you go to the store, you don't bother to complain if the cashier overcharges you or your ground beef is spoiled. :D
    • Like x 1
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Thanks for putting words in my mouth instead of actually contributing anything to the discussion or refuting my points. ;)
    • Like x 3
  19. E Clip Dedicated Player

I just canceled my sub and lack of content was the primary reason Im dropping the game for now. Maybe I'll come back for the next DLC. So yeah I agree with OP.
    • Like x 1
  20. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

To be fair some of us don't entirely disagree with the sentiments of the OP. I actually find everything that the OP says "plausible" (please don't be offended, I'm putting the word plausible in quotes because of where my own feelings with why things won't change are.. hence plausible is in quotes) my initial post was why on earth should the company do so when they are making money (although I'd be better of if I had used the word would instead) with the existing status quo.... I don't agree with the existing status quo but I don't see it changing for as long as people continue to do things the way they do.

Consider style unlocking. If it was released a year or two ago, I could see forum users balking at the price tags but these days everyone's just like "well if i need it I'll spend, if not I won't" or other such similar lines. I could make several other examples but I feel it's rather unnecessary.
    • Like x 2