How about a 8 man group hardlightshield supercharge iconic?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by 6ix9ine, May 21, 2018.

1. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

Can we have this? a group hard-light shield supercharge iconic as an alternative 8 man group shield and can it change colors depending on the colors you have on like the regular hard-light shield does
    • Like x 1
  2. Knarlydude Loyal Player

That would be really sweet. I'm still waiting on the legends powers to be added to iconic power tree. :)
    • Like x 2
  3. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I would guess this cant happen mainly due to the shields scaling with the users dominance? Idk. Can't see them allowing the tank to shield the entire group based on their dom.
  4. Axle18 New Player

atomic has an 8 man sheild sc....
    • Like x 3
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What is everyone's obsession with 8 man shields lately?
  6. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I think it started when Water was being called OP a few weeks ago because of the shields.
    • Like x 3
  7. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

Because nature and sorcery are the only healing powers that dont have access to some kind of 8 man shielding and that seems a bit unfair? I would take a supercharge 8 man shield even if its not that strong over the useless heal supercharge

quite evident in ttbe on aquaman how much better shielding is compared to extra healing that extra healing wont prevent a one shot.
  8. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

For ttbe, there are other ways. Players (dpses) can take some personal responsibility pop a personal shield and block when the tentacle explodes. If troll's 8man group shield on cooldown and the thickest tentacle; sacrificing a little time for survivability, can burn the big tentacle down. I realize the 8man shields is current preffered community strat but you can still beat it without.

I'm not sure sacrificing powers uniqueness is the answer.

Quantum tunneling is kinda useful, put that in the iconic. Robot sidekick is a dps pet; but a healer iconic pet would be nice. Celestial has really long range heals, nature can go to all movement modes, electric's safety net heal; it's possible to cherry pick the best moves from each powerset and put them in iconics or movement tree, then what do we have left? They will all start to play the same.

In this instance you're citing for nature and sorcery; if you put it in iconics; it's possible for a raid group where all 8 players including DPSes to cycle through the SC 8man shields. TTBE is current end-game so folks are looking at it in that context. What happens after TTB becomes old. Does making this change tip the balance too much in player's favor. Adversely impact (providing loop holes) to players when confronting future raid mechanics and feats. Does it break pvp even further?