Comic stack

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by sayow55, May 16, 2018.

1. sayow55 Well-Known Player

Has anyone figured out the spots where ambush bug's comics are at?
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Torikumu made a video on it. Look him up on YouTube
    • Like x 1
  3. sayow55 Well-Known Player

Ok thanks
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Link to the video...very helpful for this obnoxious quest. Another well done video by Torikumu.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Thank you very much :) I appreciate it!

I've also made a map, too, if you just want a rough idea of where things are:

[IMG]
    • Like x 9
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Anyone know what the rewards are yet?
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Look at 1:17:23
  8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Awesome work! Thank you.
    • Like x 1
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Didn't quite see that, it's some stack of probiotics for fighting Doomsday? That's it? Not gear or some worthless base item?

And can any level go get those things anyway? Or do you have to be in the 200's? o_O
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Anyone level 10 has access to the content.

I got stacks of comics by mail.... not sure if it was because of the Ambush Bug mission or not. :(
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

If it's just probiotics, not gonna bother, thanks for the video though
  12. Tilz Loyal Player

Yes. I think Tori also wrote it in the guide. :)
    But the stacks are from the ambush bug mission :)
  13. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

You get an email with base items (comics possibly) & on collecting there's a feat.
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Thank you, just don't have room for more useless crap that will only use in a fight once and then never get to partake in again for years (like the Quicklime Canisters and the crap from the Auntie Monica event)
    • Like x 1
  15. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

• 1x Tribute
    • 1x Doomsday Plague Probiotic
    • 1x Remains from the Impact Crater Loot Box
    • 1x Comic Book Stacks Box (features all 9 of the comic book stacks as base items)
    If you want more of the comic stacks, you can get additional Comic Stacks from the Random Comic Stack Box for 5x Tribute on the vendor. There are some exclusives in there, too. All of the Action Comic 1000 Variant covers can be obtained as Comic Stacks exclusively in that box.
    • Like x 4
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Very much thanks, the Tribute is the special Currency?

Apart from the Probiotic, not bad rewards for simply picking up trash (that is the reward for both? the Investigation and the trash collection?)
    Only two characters have (empty) bases so far, butt that's still better than crap that will be taking up inventory space
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, what I found annoying from this was that finishing the Doomsday mission was not a guaranteed probiotics drop. If you are not completely overwhelming him, like say with only 10 or 12 people attacking at once, you will probably use 3 Probiotics in the time it takes to drive him off. 3 should be dropped each time, at least when you have reset the mission. Some of the rewards I got last night (I did reset it about 15 times just to keep the Probiotics up) were a single MoV, crappy collections, a Tribute mark(ok...that one is nice), and sometimes the 3 probiotic drop. Granted, I'm done now, and can ship my spares to alt accounts, but for those grinders who are going to take out 5 or 10 a week, maybe resetting a few times in-between...it would be nice to get either a few more probiotics on the loot with the random loot, or a guaranteed single or double probiotic just for knocking him out (like the 3 you'd get killing Big Starro, regardless of loot lock).

Another thing....Death seems to wipe the effect, even if revived, which is a hassle since you can't pop another one until the cooldown timer cuts out. Again, for those people trying to do this in groups of 8-15, this is a problem because if you are knocked out, you can't really rejoin the fight for a few minutes. Does the cooldown need to be nearly the full duration of the effects?

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Thank you for that, don't really do the Big Group Event things any more, maybe in a couple years when have everyone in to their 30's :D
  19. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Not to nitpik but you do realize there is a feat available for defeating Doomday and you do NOT go near him without Probiotics right? Now personally I think they go a little overboard because aside from the tributes the only other reward any mission, daily or weekly, offers at the moment is PROBIOTICS. But unless you have no intention of ever doing missions in the zone they are hardly worthless. Yesterday i died once while I was working on the Ambush Bug mission and Doomsday just wandered past and I got trapped in the parasitic aura. The only thing that saves you from that.. probiotics.

Yes the TRIBUTES being mentioned are the currency being awarded for completing any mission related to the Death of Superman arc.

I have not completed the briefings yet so not sure what that rewards yet .. but hazarding a guess since every other thing in zone does.. it probably hands you another probiotic LOL
  20. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Yep, Tributes are the currency for the celebration. So far, you use them to buy the Lobo gear and the final piece from the Odoriferous collection. You can also buy base item boxes and comic stack boxes, as well as additional Probiotic, too, with them.

More rewards are still expected in future parts. I'm sure the devs said last night on the livestream that the new animated Flag base item will be available on the vendor for currency, too.

The reward for the Investigation is just a simple box of 5 Marks of Victory. No title, no vanity reward.