Now Available: The Death of Superman Part I

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 16, 2018.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

NEW CELEBRATION: SUPERMAN'S 80TH

Today, the celebration of Superman's 80th anniversary is in full swing. The first of three content releases in honor of the Man of Steel is now live, with two more on the way in June. Doomsday is back and bigger than ever, and that's never good news for Superman. Luckily, this time he has back up in the form of exobyte-enhanced heroes, and based on how strong Doomsday is looking and the looks those exobyte-enhanced villains are giving, he's going to need it.

Part I features a new version of open world Metropolis, and the ongoing battle between Doomsday and Superman. The celebration is available for all players level 10+, so no matter who you are or how long you've worn your cape or cowl, you can join in and play your part.

[IMG]
    The Death of Superman: Part I

Doomsday has landed in Metropolis to wreak havoc on the city! Carrying a deadly plague with him, his very presence threatens the lives of all of Metropolis’ citizens. Superman has already flown to action with battling this giant menace, but Supergirl has requested your aid in supporting the Man of Steel and containing this deadly infection that Doomsday has unleashed on Metropolis!

Part I features new daily open world missions and weekly bounties for heroes and villains! Earn new feats, discover new collections, earn new gear inspired by Lobo and more! To get started, look for Doomed Metropolis (Part 1) in your Mission Journal, once you have the required Level of 10.
    • Track Doomed Metropolis (Part 1) in your Journal!
    • Daily and weekly missions available in the newly unbottled Daily Planet section of Metropolis!
    • Complete the pointer mission for Doomed Metropolis (Part 1) to receive an exciting new Artifact: the Omegahedron!
    • Minimum Level: 10
    New Styles and More!
    • Unlock a new style-only gear set inspired by Lobo, everyone’s favorite interstellar bounty hunter!
    • Look for the "Scourge" styles on the vendor for Tributes.
    • Discover two new collections for a title and new Doomsday Aura.
    • Find new Death of Superman-inspired base items.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN CAPTION CONTEST

[IMG]

To honor Superman and celebrate his 80th anniversary, DC Comics published an incredible and massive Action Comics #1000, stuffed full of iconic Superman stories and with ten variant covers. And, we have them all. You can win a 10-pack, one of each of these Action Comics #1000 variants, for your collection. All you have to do is submit your caption to the screenshot above. What is Doomsday thinking right now? We'll choose our favorite captions based on how creatively and how well they thematically match both Superman and DCUO.

For full rules and to enter, click here or visit the official @DCUO Twitter.

Contest begins at 12PM PT on May 16, 2018, and ends on 12PM PT on May 23, 2018.
    • Like x 5
  2. Eve YouTuber

Awesome!!! Hopping on right now.
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Thanks for making villains actually be villains, calculator is the MVP
    • Like x 4
  4. Eve YouTuber

By the way is that contest open yet??? I want to participate but seems like the page is locked? no where to write anything.
    Or is that a twitter thing?
  5. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Outstanding
  6. Postman Level 30

Mepps is the contest only open to U.S. citizens?
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

And yes, this contest is US only.
    • Like x 1
  8. Eve YouTuber

Thanks I read briefly so I didn't see. And I have family in the US so I think It's okay? :oops:
  9. Asphaltcowboy89 New Player

Yo please explain why counter for iconics and Doomsday doesn't go up after every kill and repell... also is there a secret on the ambush bug loot drops only plague and tribute drops
  10. Eve YouTuber

I got 2 for Doomsday, but only 1 for Bizzaro (And I killed him 3 times) I think you have to do it during the mission.
  11. Asphaltcowboy89 New Player

What did you receive for the ambush bug mission
  12. nawanda Loyal Player

You guys make absolutely no effort to provide contests that non-US players can enter.
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I second this big time. It feels so good to finally be bad.
    • Like x 1
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

A mark, a collection, comic base item box, 10 point feat
    • Like x 1
  15. Kajada New Player

Ohhh yeaaah. Me like.
  16. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

How many times do you have to repel Doomsday total?
  17. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

100 total so try and get it done soon I don't see people running this everyday for too long.
    • Like x 2
  18. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Hi, Mepps! And DCUO.

I love this celebration of Death of Superman.
    it is really nice**

[IMG]

[IMG]
    it's a wonderful celebration. "I can't wait for part 2.
    • Like x 1
  19. MarvelUniverse Well-Known Player

Yeah this is really fun content, and a great style. Well done all round.
  20. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

My one complaint: Running that damned Easter egg hunt for magazines which took me over an hour(would have been longer if someone didn't help me with a couple) for 1 lousy MoV. Otherwise, not bad.