Make materials style unlockable and I will re-sub

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Revoemag, May 15, 2018.

1. Revoemag Committed Player

As a nearly 40 yr old gamer, I find myself constantly returning to this game over the past 7 years. But I can't keep up because of many reasons.
    But the one thing that keeps me playing is making new concept characters and playing the below level 30 content. Coming up with new characters and seeing them come to life in the game is to me the most fun I can have.
    Especially since style unlocking came out. My main is cr215, and has many styles that I can now use on new characters. But I really want access to the materials my main has. So many ideas I want to breath life into but can't because of this restriction. Lots of money to be made by the devs, as I expect the cost not to be cheap(and all the money spend unlocking other styles). I would also re-sub as many of my concepts require locked powerrsets .

Please make this happen, I know I'm not the only alt-aholic out there.
    Thx
    • Like x 5
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They said during the livestream they can not make materials unlockable due to tech limitations.
    • Like x 2
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

In addition to what TheLorax mentioned, if they price regular TC auras at $10, and OG rare auras at $15, how much do you think they would charge for a straight-up purchase of an elite, highly-sought after material, even if it were possible?
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

$52. ;) ;)

Which would still be cheaper then spending $100.... $200....MORE...... to open Time Capsules to get the rare collection for the material. ;) ;)
    • Like x 3
  5. Sugr Bear Committed Player

You have to admit, this game has an incredible....almost...unbelievable? Amount of "tech limitations" lol. It's still crazy to me sometimes how often that's the reason for whatever request not happening.
    • Like x 7
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

"Incredible" to you because you (like many others) refuse to acknowledge that there were many MANY design decisions made over 7 years ago that have put a chokehold on the "simple" things that other games have had. Nobody here knows why those choices were made (possibly budget, time constraints, bad management), but the fact remains that you can't JUST add features like they were Lego blocks.
    • Like x 5
  7. Megzilla Developer

It is frustrating for us too lol but we are constantly working on how to get around limits or rig something to play nice. By "we" I mean definitely not me.
    • Like x 10
  8. BumblingB I got better.

How much less frustration has happened now that you don't have to think about support for the PS3?

Like, do you guys go into a meeting and be like, "We are thinking of adding this, is there any issues that might pop up?" and someone says "The PS3!" then everyone pauses for a moment and bust out into laughter?
    • Like x 3
  9. Megzilla Developer

It's more like we are emerging from the earth from having been living as technical mole-people and we are seeing what we can actually do now.
    • Like x 11
  10. Hraesvelg Always Right

[IMG]

All you've got to do is code 10 seconds at a time. Then start on a new 10 seconds.
    • Like x 6
  11. Maxwell New Player

it's easy make the material to unlock it on alts, just add the material to a feat and make the feat cost 700 replay badges or so and it comes in the mail, you need the original feat for it on one character to do it. It'll be just like the eyes of dusk only one character needs to get it and then you can unlock the feat on alts with replay badges and it arrives in the mail.
    • Like x 3
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

Sounds great and fun! Just don't fly up too close to the sun or you gonna come down really fast ;)
  13. SuperBell Loyal Player

What other reason would there be?
  14. SUPERMANPRilVlE New Player

Wow, talk about "plagiarizing" someone else idea completely. Truly pathertic by you seriously.
    I said this earlier today in the Dev post where you completely stole your "IDEA" from, you can find on Duo forums here.

Dev Discussion GU82: Style Unlocking

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...82-style-unlocking.295977/page-3#post-4133420

"For phase 3 of style unlocking since most of the paying Subscribers WANT Materials to be apart of this feature. I say make it possible, its by Popular Demand. Spend the resources, you'll make up for it in MASSIVE REPLAYS purchases. Maybe even the revival of canceled subscribers. I'm sure the shareholders that invest in Daybreak loves that idea. "More Money". :)

SUPERMANPRilVlE, Today at 1:39 AM"

Next time give credit where it's due.
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Just cause you two had the same idea doesn't mean someone stole from the other....it just means you guys see eye to eye and support the same thing.

Plagiarism on the forums... Jesus Christ
    • Like x 10
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yep, it'll definitely cost 700 replays! Or 7000, one of the two, lol. o_O
    • Like x 1
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yep, he totally stole your idea. So did the 50 people who talked about this idea 3 weeks ago, right?
    • Like x 4
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

:)
  19. The Anxient Loyal Player

Wow lol grow tf up
    • Like x 2
  20. Revoemag Committed Player

Aren't you technically plagiarizing me? I posted my idea almost a full hour before you did..
    • Like x 2