Attention/Leagues & Members

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Vampo, May 14, 2018.

1. Vampo New Player

To Devs of this game.This is a idea what a lot other games have all ready for years.A lot leagues are around in this game,some are small and some are bigger.But,in this game no loyalty,not even say Thanks for help or even Im leaving a league.So no respect at all what any of players league owners or team members did for them.I just wana say if YOU Devs can make that when member join into a league and he leave,becose a lot players jumping from league to league,come,see and in 1 minute he leave.Ok his hoice.Also Ban robers join in league check Bank and take if he can take any thing.So its also a some type of protection for all leagues.Put finaly 7 Days rule or even more.If someone join in league and leave he cant join in another for 7 Days or even more.Dosent matter.7 Days will fit good.So than players will be more loyal,no players who steal from leagues so offen and thay will not jump like rabbits from one to another.Thanks
  2. Vesper Dedicated Player

Oh no Honey. Uh-uh. I kinda see why you want this, because theoretically it sounds like it would solve a couple of problems. But the giant massive headaches it would set up could destroy the entire recruitment ability for leagues.

A few "for instances":
    1) Keeping people from leaving leagues for any period of time would force players to stay in Ninja-invite leagues they don't even know.

Ninja-invite leagues do this rotten trick ALL THE TIME. You're minding your own business, checking prices in Broker in Watchtower. You find and item to buy, go to the confirmation screen and at the same moment you get a Ninja-invite to a league you've never heard of by a player you don't know. But you're already clicking confirm for the Broker item.

Now you are in a League you know nothing about and you just want to leave. Yes, there are ways to avoid Ninja-invites. Not every new player knows how to avoid those. And they shouldn't be penalized for wanting to leave a League they never meant to join at all.

2) Keeping people from joining new Leagues after leaving their old one means people in DEAD leagues are penalized for leaving.

There are Leagues out there with no active players. When players come back from time-away they often find their old league has withered in their absence. Under your proposal, players who want to come back and get involved have to wait a WEEK to join a new League! A WEEK to get help or make new friends or just socialize. Ridiculous.

3) Sometimes you realize as soon as you join a League they are NOT a good fit for you.

I played with a League once while I was running Nexus back when it was brand new. All League run, they just needed a troll. They were competent players, knew their roles & mechanics, it was a nice, smooth run. After we finished the final boss without any wipes at all, they asked if I'd like to join. Sure. 2 minutes in, I had to leave. As soon as I could hear these guys talk on their mics in League voice-chat, I was simply blown away by their SEVERE racism and misogyny.

4) There are already controls for how shared banks & withdrawals work for Leagues.

The Leader can already implement whatever restrictions on who can withdraw and can control when and if players are given those privileges. It's not perfect, and Bank Robbery does still happen. But keeping people from leaving leagues won't stop it. It will just make the need to KICK people from the League more important. Remember that just because someone steals from the Bank doesn't mean you can force them to give the stuff back.
    • Like x 9
  3. Here2Help Devoted Player

Meh. If those are the sort of people joining my league, I wouldn't want them to stay in the first place. You can't force people to be loyal, friendly and helpful. They either are or they aren't.

And robbing banks isn't a problem if you set it so new members can't access the league bank.
    • Like x 7
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Still remember this creepy league a seemingly really good player invited me to. He was great in the raid, and at the end (I was tanking) said, "hey, is your league active?" I said no, and he asked if I wanted to join theirs. They do feats and stuff all the time, he promised. So I said, yeah, awesome. Joined their league.

Then, almost immediately, he tells me to go to the league hall. Sits me down in a corner of the league hall and says, "I like to get to know my new recruits personally." Fine, i think, weird but no biggie. But he starts asking stuff about RL, do I play on PC or PS, member or premium, my exact age, what state I live in, what I do for work, etc., etc. I quit the league that instant, lol.

Now, I thought, oh, well, probably just a nice guy trying to make friends, but I don't give out that kind of information to anyone online, anytime. Then I decide to check out the website link he gave me with the requirements for new recruits, lol. Soooo freaky. He actually believed he was a villain, and prohibited any member of the league from having any hero alts, hero sympathies or saying anything good about heroes in league chat. We were supposed to call him a special title and everything, lol. Glad I didn't have to wait 7 days to leave that place. :D
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Did he warn you that 'it puts the lotion in the basket or it gets the firehose' ?

Reinheld
    • Like x 5
  6. Hraesvelg Always Right

If someone doesn't want to be in our group, I say good riddance. Let them leave. You'll get a reputation as a league hopper if you do that over and over. We're a small community on villain side. Reputations matter.

We have a 30-day probationary period before you can self-pull out of our bank. Before then you need to have a member or officer pull it out for you. Seems that a similar policy would benefit your group.
  7. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Most leagues has a time limit before the new member can access the league bank, ect. With that in mind the new members really cannot hurt the league if they just get up and go.
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It might have a discouraging effect on other new folks that join though. If they look at the log and see a lot of people are leaving or the league has a high turnover rate, that could tell them that the league probably can't maintain people and will go somewhere else.
    • Like x 1
  9. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Do you remember the guys name?

If you do I want to ask in a pm because I know a guy who led a league who did this (well didn't know about the real life part lol)
  10. Hraesvelg Always Right

Ha, on occasion we do a purge of people who have been inactive for six months or more. I always make sure and tell the newer people not to panic and that we didn't have a mass exodus.
  11. Vampo New Player

I didnt meen if someone join in league he cannot leave league instant.Of corse he can.But then he cannot join for another 7 days into new league!Yes,this actions have some Pluses,and minuses.But it will be good to do something about this stufs
  12. Here2Help Devoted Player

Don't really see the point of that to be honest.
  13. omegahawk74 Committed Player

Here's something cool. If there's issues within a league grow a set and post the league name and issues within it so people can have a heads up before joining it.
  14. Knarlydude Loyal Player

He had you where he wanted you. LOL
    [IMG]
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

That's against the ToS unfortunately. Plus, leagues form and die so fast it would be impossible to keep up. Forming a league in this game is as easy as choosing a catchy name.