How is the investigation ongoing? Any news? LPVE

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Draconiano, May 9, 2018.

1. Belthazur Dedicated Player

As A Player who Never Liked the LPvE Thing..I HAVE Run it about as much as i can muster.
    I have NO Issues with lowering the Number of Runs Required ESPECIALLY the Family Ones.
    Just as long as the TOTAL Feat Points Granted Stays Unchanged. I do know of a handful of people who have Completed the Feats.
    This could be a logistical and coding nightmare However...There are ways around it.
    Say Delete the Excess feats then simply add additional Feat Points to the end feats to accommodate for the deleted ones.
    So You would in 1 part be Removing those feats from Everyone...
    Then you would be tacking onto say the last 3+ish Feats ALL the Lost Points from the Previous Build Prior to the Removal. That way EVERYONE would Still Have them IF they got em and Others can finally see a Finish Line of sorts.
    This will be rough however it is doable...just my $5.00 worth.
    • Like x 1
  2. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol. No. Did does not take 10min. in legends. Well, maybe when we could all smoke bomb and running with people you know, and they know their ****. Queuing into did is a different story, even back when we could smoke bomb.

I think the best fix for Lpve feats, is to get rid of them. Remove the feats and SP from those that already did them. Boom, fair for everyone. The alternative, which is being suggested in this thread, is to make them easier so EVERYONE can get them.

Why can't you all just come to the reality that not everyone can get all the feats. Those that do have massive amounts of time to invest. I was in a league where a few 400sp players did grind daily doing these feats. How is it fair to them to make it easier for the rest of us?

Sorry, but either take them away or leave them alone. I'm still salty from the PvP arena feats being given away years ago. After a good chunk of us grind out 250 wins in arenas, which did take years as a hero, just to have then brought down to 50. Nope. Don't make them easier.
    • Like x 2
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

haven't run LPVE since the crappy revamp.

thanks devs!
    • Like x 2
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Well said.
  5. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Paradox Wave isn't the only one that can take a long time. Add to that South Gotham Courthouse, Nexus of Reality, and Bludhaven.

The only ones that can really be done in the 5-10 minute time frame are Oan Sciencells, Trigon's Prison, and League of Assassins, and even then only if you have group members who are practiced at the movement modes with Trigon and League.
    • Like x 2
  6. BumblingB I got better.

I'm down. It was a nifty idea, but it should have stayed an idea. It was bad before revamp, now I don't even notice the queue in the list anymore. My mind just skips it.
    • Like x 3
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Naw, they would probably do it like they did the old PvP ones. Just compact the numbers 5 instead of 100, 25 instead of 1000, and so on. Feats wouldn't change, requirements would.
    • Like x 6
  8. Draconiano Committed Player

No matter if they make the feats easier or not, the people who already wasted their time doing these feats will not get it back. You really want more people to waste their time doing 5250 LPVE at 30 minutes each one? I guess your comment is based in pure selfishness.
    Oh, not going into details, but I know people who got the feats breaking the TOS, how is it fair for everyone else?
    • Like x 2
  9. Draconiano Committed Player

I don't think you can do LPVE in 5-10 minutes anymore, that was before the revamp and as you mentioned, only a few of the available LPVE could achieve that time.
    • Like x 3
  10. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Closest i have gotten in Trigons Prison is 15 mins..Thats Manageable
    • Like x 1
  11. RealTegan Dedicated Player

My two cents: I ran a few of these and hated them. When I saw how many I needed for all the feats I just gave up. I play this game to play MY character, not a bunch of characters I don't like. Asking me to not only play a bunch of characters I don't like, but to play them hundreds of times... not even close to fun.

Before Time Capsules I would sometimes participate in a league run. But since my league fell apart when so many people quit after seeing the ridiculous RNG on the Time Caps, I don't even do occasional runs anymore. Those are feats I consider too annoying and not at all fun, just as the TC feats cost too much, so I don't bother. That's a lot of skill points I am giving up, but if they aren't fun, what's the point?

A lot of feats are annoying but just challenging enough that I feel a thrill when I get them. LVPE feats do not fall into that category. They are just annoying. Instead of feeling a thrill I feel, "That was a complete waste of time".
    • Like x 6
  12. DynamiteGal Active Player

When you bring it up again, please remember that brief discord conversation we had Mepps. ;)

me:
    Please add a multiplier to the general LPVE feats. Meaning for each run of a character you do, instead of it counting towards the counter as one run, make it count for more. Anywhere between x2-x10. This does not reduce the feats themselves, so the slight few that have them will not lose them. And it fixes the grind for the remaining 99.9% of us. A fix that is long overdue.

you: I'll write it down.

To further explain what I mean: I choose, for example Batman, and I'm at 25/750 for the bat family. A x5 multiplier (as an example) has been added. I que for Lpve and finish the run. Now my feat says 30/750 for the bat family feat. No one loses their feats they spent a lot of time obtaining and others that are still after completing them are able to catch up at a faster pace.

I know you don't control the outcome, but I appreciate your efforts in helping the players with this matter. Thank you!
    • Like x 3
  13. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I still like the idea of getting credit for everyone in the group. So if the group is Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Green Lantern, then everyone on that run gets credit for those four families; 3 men. 1 woman, etc. It would make it more of a group activity encouraging people to form up what they need, or you could just get what you need through the lucky que (the “people RNG”).
    • Like x 6
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol. Your argument isn't selfish? Cheaters got the feat so why can I? Really? Sorry, I've posted my view. Don't agree, cool, move along. I don't have many of those feats BECEAUSE THEIR A WASTE OF TIME! If people want to grind then out, cool, grind then out. My view on this is no, do not lower, make easier, etc. You want them? Put on your grind'n pants and get to work.

If you all really wanted these feats, you'd stop wasting time on the forums asking for giveaways and ACTUALLY do the runs.
  15. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Devs do the right thing and turn legends pve into a battle royal game....

Buy seriously , I think there is potential for it to be a decent moba. All that is needed is a change in break outs for legends. And look at what each legend should be used for. It could be a new form of pvp. Alas, I think it would take a lot more resources that available to fully implement and update the core game as needed.
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

There are ppl who still need the team-up feats so they keep queuing or ask on lfg for that specific feat run however i never saw ppl ask on lfg for lpve fun runs nor in any league :p , now i dont say there arent ppl who actually enjoy lpve but u know there are ppl who think santa claus actually exist aswell, they are the minority but they are there.
    • Like x 1
  17. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

Don't mean to take sides on any of this matter. In fact, I must be honest, I'm not one who enjoy's LPVE. Got my feats and I'm never going back. HOWEVER, I just wanted to bring up something that happens quite frequently in the gaming community. (don't want to promote other games so i'm not going to mention their names) OK so I remember buying all the map packs/DlC's, add on's ect.

Not that it matters but It all came up to around 60 plus hard earned dollars. Anyway after sometime went by, probably like 2 years and some change. The Dev's announced that they were giving those same map packs that I paid for..... Out for free one by one within the next month or two. By this time, It really didn't phase me at all. But this basically came down to, "I paid for a two year early access" And no one seen it as unfair for some reason.

All I'm saying is, yes, apparently it is completely reasonable and fair to give away stuff that people have worked hard and or have paid to get after time goes by.

I think after all this time, merely lowering the requirements or something for these older LPVE feats would be completely reasonable. Truth is, something needs to be done in general about all feats because some of these feats are no longer achievable here in 2018. Besides leagues, whom will run any of the older content feats? Is being in an active league mandatory now?

No, this does not solve the LPVE problem but it does give an alternative if the Devs would ever wish to replace LPVE for something else.

(Add) Apparently, yet another game on May 1st gave away DLC 1 to everyone for free, looks like history will repeat itself) I however, have already paid for it last year.....sucks but w.e

K now where's the people who hate me? :)
    • Like x 2
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

i don't believe any run can be completed below 10 minutes,
    in a very good farm group most still take around 15 minutes.
    well, i would say: if they had fun while playing, and they most probably did enjoy even LPVE too,
    theyr time was not completely wasted. they spend theyr time with what they wanted: playing DCUO.

i partly agree that is is not necessary to lower the amount of runs.
    however: the revamp made everything a lot more time consuming.
    that is why those who did a lot of runs before the revamp happened,
    have an advantage or those hwo did not, suffer from a disatvantage.

this is true: those feats were meant to be worked on for years, most probably.
    it sure was implemented to allways give us players something to work on...
    at least, ppl shouldn't think they have to complete them. however if they do:
    they should be able to if they realy want it, they should put in the effort though.
  19. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Any word mepps?
    • Like x 1
  20. TestReporter Loyal Player

Well, if you ask in 2 years he'll bring it up again...
    Sorry for being so mean, but i'm just wondering if all the requests they said to be "working on" or "looking for a solution" or "putting on their to-do list" in the past years end up this way as well....
    • Like x 2