Dev Discussion GU82: Style Unlocking

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiniReaperette Level 30

While you're at it Red five, Eternal set got missed too Vendor style.
  2. Ully Committed Player

Relax, it's a simple question. The Devs can either choose to reply or not. No biggie.
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

(Psst, Red Five was Luke Skywalker's callsign on the Death Star run...from which the phrase "Stay on target!" entered the nerd lexicon...)
    • Like x 1
  4. Red Five Developer

Also, When you reveal a maneuver, you may rotate your dial to another maneuver with the same speed.

Treat your maneuver as a red maneuver.

#XWingTMGJokes :cool:
    • Like x 3
  5. SUPERMANPRilVlE New Player

Was wondering if the Egyptian Sorcerer style will be available on Villan side without the use of a promethium lock box. It requires you to be Cooperative renown with the Sentinels of Magic.
  6. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Erm.. Heartshard isn't showing on any alts (its on my main trifecta healer, I have all the set except waist).

I was wondering if there are any conditions to the styles appearing other than upto (epi 26 is it?).
    I think I am missing a lot of styles even after logging in on all my alts.. but I'll triple check that .. but again it gets very confusing very quickly because of so many alts (17, one for each powerset hero/+ female hero /+ male villain)
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The styles for the first phase were the PvE vendor styles up to Episode 26, the drops in Booster Bundles 1-3 and the first three TCs.

And no, the Rare Style vendor isn't included among the PvE vendors, I already asked. LOL

Anyhow, since (as far as I know) Heartshard isn't on the regular vendors, it isn't unlockable yet.
    • Like x 1
  8. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I like that you've made it so that for styles a character doesn't own, using one of the ways to leave the style menu without the confirmation reverts to your previous style. Would it be possible to extend this to styles a character owns? For example, you are looking through styles while waiting to go into an instance, but if you go in quickly you end up wearing whatever styles you were looking at (if you own them). Its a little frustrating when you are looking through styles to find the right one, and you end up in an instance wearing something that just looks terrible.

On the preview side of things, its nice we can go through and set up an entire outfit with styles a character doesn't own. However, if you decide to keep it, currently you have to go back through each piece and unlock it one by one (since unlock all is literally every style that your character doesn't own that is available to unlock). Would it be possible to just update the confirmation screen on the save button and while normally exiting the style menu to show the total number of replay badges you need to keep the style you are previewing?
    • Like x 1
  9. MiniReaperette Level 30

Looking for a Dev's Response please.
    What will the Renown Vendor Styles be placed under? Since it's looking like they were not included in phase one.
    • Like x 1
  10. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Thanks for your answer Will :)

Heartshard seems to be a very early style, vanilla from 2011/2012 going by this list of drop locations: http://dcuobloguide.com/styles/heartshard/
    I don't know anything else as I was a only troller back then and these are healer/tank class styles (drop) only.
  11. Blight KOBRA Commander

The system is established and works, now it's just a matter of how quickly they add more styles for us to share across our character accounts. It would be nice if they could add another category of styles once month (or maybe even twice), but considering the library of different styles they've got some work to do.
    • Like x 1
  12. LC 2 New Player

Hey everyone I’m trying to unlock the ancient sorceres style on my alt but can’t. I thought cross faction was available. Am I missing something?
  13. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Is it a vendor style or a loot drop style? Loot drop styles weren’t included in phase 1
  14. Exileant Well-Known Player

o_O I cannot get any of Trigonic armor from brother Blood to show up. :D The Demonic tail and feet are what I was wanting second on the list of forking over money Riiiiight nect to Materials). However I am a hero, I do not know its tier. So I am not sure if it was even supposed to be unlocked yet. I would have though it would have been lower that the Sunstone armor, though......

:eek: Bloodbat Armor!!! :eek: PVP!!!! :eek: UNLOCK THE BLOODB-- (End Transmission) :confused: (Make another call?):oops:
  15. Gailith001 New Player

The Style unlock looks like a good thing to have but some style makes no sense. I can unlock styles such as Helm of hades but I can not unlock gorgon slayer? They should have made it so whatever style you collected can be unlocked across toons.
  16. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Somebody failed to read. This is only the first phase of style unlocking. Eventually, they’ll have all styles included.
  17. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

Just bought the new Luminous Gaze style thinking I could unlock on other toon but no such luck! Thats another 95m I will have to spend. lol
  18. The Dark Kryptonian Well-Known Player

Hey how did you buy the Luminous Gaze? I've been buying those pre-open cps for it and earning stabilizers to open them, and I still haven't got those :(
  19. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Id say in the next year you will be able to unlock them on alts.
  20. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Its a random drop out of the Assassin Time Capsule. You just gotta keep opening them
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.