PSA: Anti-Gold Seller Initiatives Begin Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, May 3, 2018.

1. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Do I think this will work? No.

Do I applaud them for trying to do something vs nothing? Yes.
    • Like x 1
  2. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Mepps specifically stated that League chat will still be unlimited for ftp players along with Group chat.
    • Like x 4
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There are many better approaches, which we'll continue to work on. These are the options available today.
    • Like x 20
  4. ChillCat Loyal Player

Oy! There's no need for inflammatory hyperbole. It's not the "first $5", it's ONLY $5. One time., forever, and that's it. It's a tiny price to pay to make this whole issue go way.

As for your silly "cancer" remark. No, free players are not cancer, but they are transient and temporary and should be regarded as such. They come and go with no sense of commitment or obligation. Again, not good qualities to build a league upon. If that was not you, you're the exception, but by and large you're going to have a tough time if that is the profile of the player you're looking to recruit. I'm trying to help you out, but if offense is all you hear, I won't reply again.

Again, good luck.
    • Like x 2
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

That's what these changes are for.
    • Like x 10
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The problem isn't with what you're saying but how you're saying it. I understand that free to play players are not typically reliable, but you're making a huge generalization, one might even say a hyperbolic generalization, about all free to play players. You are not considering the players I have run with who are social and enjoying the game. They're not the typical free to play players. These players are engaged with the league and trying to help the league grow. They seem to want the league to succeed.

I just felt that your comments were too general and not taking into consideration all types of free players. I'm also confused why you think $5 is so little. To some, $5 can be the difference between whether they can pay rent or not. Yeah, it's less than someone pays at McDonalds, but what does that have to do with anything? Not everyone eats at McDonalds on a monthly, weekly, or even daily basis. Some people can't afford to eat out more than once every few months.
  7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

thats not his idea its whats rolling out in the hotfix today.. calm down a little before you start attacking people
    • Like x 3
  8. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

As a possible side benefit to this, the default chat channel in Metropolis (EU server) today is suddenly completely devoid of racism, profanity, sexism, and general crudity. At first I thought I was in the wrong game. :D
    • Like x 13
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Well...it's the little things, I guess.
    • Like x 14
  10. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  11. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Little things add up to huge differences, don’t forget ;)
    • Like x 5
  12. DarkAya Dedicated Player

So no more Goku vs Superman kind of debates on the chat? Oh god I love this purge already, I feel bad for that tiny group of good f2p players but we know what cancer majority of them was, I still hope for level restrictions as well, chat looks so beautifully clean right now, much much better than yesterday:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  13. FaLeX Dedicated Player

[IMG]

;)
    • Like x 4
  14. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

This was Mepps response in the other gold bots thread:
    • Like x 3
  15. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

At least we know who the foul mouth players of the game were...none other than the ftp ones. Probably trash talkin each other...just sponging off pvp for free gear and not throwing any money towards supporting the game. Sounds about right.
    • Like x 2
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If they're in the league already you can all use league chat. No problems. :) Same if you group up.
    • Like x 5
  17. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Yeah, that wasn't so much what concerned me. One of our free members is pretty active at recruiting players. I do not know how much his social interaction with those players will be limited. He generally invites people to groups and runs content with them, so hopefully he will just use that avenue to socialize.
  18. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

I second this, how many times updates are ruining experience for others just to appease petty whiners.

Daybreak im sure this could've been more well planned.
  19. Wallachia Devoted Player

Called it.
    You can thank me with a medical cross emblem.
    • Like x 1
  20. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Actually, LFG is instantly more productive and usable. There's nothing petty about wanting the LFG channel to be usable. I applaud the devs for this measure which has literally zero negative impact for any player at any level.
    • Like x 9