Artifact overleveling

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Hraesvelg, May 1, 2018.

1. Hraesvelg Always Right

So I got one of the new artifacts and decided to drop the TC sin stones I had been getting with the new TC. I open up the UI, put the Lazarus artifact in, drop an entire stack of green sin stones. I think it was around 4400 or so XP. On other breakthroughs, any extra XP carried over a breakthrough, so I didn't bother breaking them up into stacks. So far so good. It says ready for breakthrough, but I forgot my catalysts in my bank. I close out the UI, go grab the catalysts, then open up the artifact UI. Now it tells me that I'm not even at level 19 any more.

So now I'm out a good chunk of real money sin stones and my artifact isn't even ready to go. I've tried relogging to no effect. I put in a ticket, but I'm told that since it's a bug, the CS team can't intervene directly and replace my stones. I guess this is a warning to other people...you need to handhold the artifact UI.
    • Like x 1
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Can you confirm the sin stones did not drop back into your inventory?
  3. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I had this happen to me with regular Nth metal.
  4. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

I'm having a slightly different issue and I'm not sure if it's a bug or not (mostly because I'm unfamiliar with Sin Stones and perhaps the wording of the Feat).

The "Cast the First Stone" feat never popped for me. When I received the 'Eyes of the Dusk' I received 2 Ashed Sin Stones and 1 Crimson Sin Stone (no Ebony).
    For other people, I've seen the feat pop as soon as they received the Eyes of the Dusk.
    I just got all 3 catalysts earlier today and leveled one up to level 11 or so before logging off with regular Nth Metal.
    Before the update, the Feat listed "Sin Stone 2" and "Sin Stone 3" as filled and "Sin Stone 1" was blank; after the update it only says "Incomplete" in the scroll down menu for the feat.

Now I'm not sure if Sin Stones are dropping or where they drop. I've never had any drop for me, only the ones I received in the mail.
    If they're going to drop in the Superman event or something, and the feat will pop soon, no big deal. Otherwise, can you look into why the feat didn't pop? The way it's worded I thought just receiving any 3 would make it pop (it's not really worded that you have to receive one of each). I'd like to clear them from my inventory and use them on the new catalysts I just got.

A little more info on Sin Stones please?
    • Like x 1
  5. Hraesvelg Always Right

Sorry for the delay, I forgot to turn on e-mail notifications. I just confirmed, they aren't in my inventory and my inventory wasn't full at the time I initially tried. I just threw some regular Nth metal on another artifact, in case it might need to "flush" the other one, but the green sin stones still aren't there.
    • Like x 1
  6. velvetsanity Loyal Player

The Sin Stones are only found in the Artificer sub-capsules of the Assassin TC. With the new LoA artifacts, they give 10% bonus XP. For all other artifacts, they function exactly the same as Nth-Metal.
  7. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

Thanks for the response, velvetsanity.

I already knew about the 10% XP bonus on the LoA artifacts; I didn't know the Sin Stones can only be found in the Russian Roulette boxes. I already have the 3 LoA artifacts and the Manta Gear and was hoping my russian roulette with this particular box was done.

So my question is this.
    What constitutes the "Cast the First Stone" feat to pop?
    Here's the wording of the feat.

"Cast the First Stone: Collect any of the following types of Sin Stones: Ashen Sin Stone, Crimson Sin Stone, or Ebony Sin Stone"

As I said, I received 2 Ashen Sin Stones and 1 Crimson Sin Stone. Does that not constitute "collected"? Do I have to use them?
    Or is it a bug?

I've seen the feat pop on friends at the same time they got the Eyes of the Dusk, so I'm wondering if the feat will pop as soon as I use it on one of the LoA artifacts or not.

And as a follow-up question, if I do have to play more russian roulette (which I'd really rather not), what's tradeable? Must I keep opening them on my main, or can I open the boxes on other characters?
  8. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

And to update, I just at this very moment fortified those 2 Ashen Sin Stones and single Crimson Sin Stone on 'the Demon's Fang' LoA artifact and the feat didn't pop.

If this is a bug, a response would be appreciated.
  9. StealthBlue Loyal Player

There was a bug when the time capsule first came out that required one of each sin stone to get the feat (and there was a check list under the feat that had numbers for each sin stone). Someone told me that the checklist is gone now, but they don't have the feat on a character that opened an artifact sub capsule before the removal of the checklist. However, someone that just now opens their first artifact sub capsule gets gets the feat when they open the capsule (regardless of what types of stones are in the capsule). With the state it's in right now, it sounds like the Devs will possibly need to do a database query and manually grant the feat to those that should have it, but don't (aka those that have the feat for the eyes). This is something that likely can only be done during downtime for maintenance, like for a game update.

However, there may be a way to still get the feat on characters stuck like you are. The feat may still trigger on your next artifact sub capsule, or possibly will trigger after you get the type(s) of sin stones that you haven't received yet. Though I have no idea if either of these would work.
    • Like x 2
  10. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

Ah. Gotcha. That was the response I was looking for.

So what I'd like to know is if this will be fixed in the next update or one shortly thereafter, and if not, I'd like a Dev to manually grant it for me or send me a Sin Stone or whatever will grant me the feat, because I'd rather not keep opening capsules to try to get a feat I should already have that may or may not pop with my opening more capsules.

Thanks, StealthBlue.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This will be interesting to see. I opened the cap on 2 different toons on 2 different accounts. One got all 3 stones on the first try, while the list was active still, and the feat popped. On the other I only got the ashen and ebony stones, and I did not get the feat. I think I'll be in the same boat as you, where the feat will not be popped, but the checklist will be gone...and i'm still sitting on those stones.

Waiting to see what the response to your situation is, post here if you get a response.

Reinheld
  12. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

I'm glad someone mentioned this; I had the same problem/question. The description of the feat does not match the way it actually works, and I'm not going to open any more TC's/artifice capsules just hoping an Ebony Sin Stone will drop.