Test Discussion Cross-Faction Operation! Episode 30: The Visitor (2-Player Operation) Feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Millbarge, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millbarge Developer

It's finally here! A Cross-Faction Operation!
    Starting with Episode 30's "The Visitor" 2-Player Operation.

Please post any issues you find concerning the Duo and any issues you find concerning Cross-Faction Operation gameplay.

If all goes well, we will continue to release additional Cross-Faction Operations!

Thanks,
    Millbarge
    • Like x 3
  2. Vagrant Committed Player

Hey Millbarge, not relating to the content but making cross faction operations does this potentially mean that Hand of Fate operations could potentially become cross faction? This would effecfively double tier 4 content which is a great thing!
    • Like x 1
  3. The Game Well-Known Player

I seriously doubt that since those missions are specific to heroes/villains.
  4. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Two words: Amanda Waller
  5. The Game Well-Known Player

and? You do realize that t4 doesn't share the storyline the heroes do right?
  6. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Sorry, haven’t leveled a villain even that far. That said, they don’t exactly “share the storyline” for Amazon Fury 1/2 either, yet because of Task Force X/Suicide Squad, my hero got stuck in the villain version of an AF raid. Plus there’s the LPVE solo queues where both heroes and villains can do both hero and villain versions. Oops?
  7. The Game Well-Known Player

and those share the same story.... lmao.
  8. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Different parts of the overall story, though. If it’s a completely different story, that’s *far* better justification for Amanda Waller to bring in Task Force X/Suicide Squad, IMO.
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

To Quote:

If all goes well, we will continue to release additional Cross-Faction Operations!

Thanks,
    Millbarge

That's from the OP and from what is printed. It looks like if everything goes well then those additional cross-faction operations could very well be those T4 operations.

The best thing DCUO could do for the villain side is to make every instance cross-faction. IMO DCUO should have never had factions since brainiac was the common foe. They should have just had different mentors and made open world PVP a king of the hill type game.
    • Like x 1
  10. Millbarge Developer

The Hand of Fate operations are pretty tricky - it's likely they won't be made into Cross-Faction. The open-world portion of those Operations creates a lot of issues for Cross-Faction.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 2
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Assuming we don't run into any major unforeseen problems, this duo/operation becoming crossfaction should mean we *can* make any operation crossfaction. That said, there may be some especially older operations that cannot become crossfaction for specifc reasons about how they were built or give rewards (or which might take more time to address). We will work on making more operations crossfaction as we can.
    • Like x 1
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

Would love to see that happening though. I would look forward to happenings like:

- Hey let's kick some corrupted adds in Metropolis because Eclipso is doing evil stuff!
    - On second thought, let's just help Faust to kick Ra's al Gul's butt.

or

- Hey let's get to Gotham Mercy Hospital and increase desease and destruction
    - Oh well, nevermind. Turn's out we have to defeat Talia and some clowns.

Would be totally hilarious story-wise :D
  13. Vagrant Committed Player

I really hope one day we could see a lot of the older operations cross faction. Trust me when I say some of the older content needs it and if it was possible you can effectively add content to older tiers
  14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I tested Cross-Faction compatibility on The Visitor and everything appears to be working. I couldn't get my Hero to end up in the Hall of Doom no matter what I tried.
    • Like x 1
  15. The Game Well-Known Player

I was thinking that since it's a completely different operation, it can't be done. I can see operations like the E3 Visitor duo being cross factioned since they share similar mechanics/rewards. But I think T4 and T5 might or might not be possible.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.