Test Discussion Death of Superman: Doomed Metropolis (Open World)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by JackFrost, Apr 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackFrost Developer

Hey folks!

We're publishing the first content that's part of the Death of Superman story on PCTest, and would love to get your feedback!

When you log in, you should receive a mission entitled "Doomed Metropolis (Part 1) if your character is level 10 or above. You should be able to follow that mission through the Watchtower or Hall of Doom (or through the Warp Menu) to a new Metropolis zone.

I know there are a few things that need more refinement, and these changes won't be on the build releasing to PCTest server today.

Those forthcoming changes will include fixes or improvements to these:
    • Further refinement of some of Doomsday's abilities.
    • One additional set of feats is in the works.
    • The feat entitled "Another Day, Another Doomsday" is currently not functioning correctly.
    • There may be an issue with some of the Weekly Bounty targets (Superboy, Steel, Bizarro, Hank Henshaw) respawning. We're investigating.
    Also, please note that this is Part 1 of a multi-part celebration. That said, the intent is for this content to stay turned on and active so it can be revisited even after we release future content.

Again, thanks for helping us test the content on the test server. We hope it's fun and engaging!

Please comment in this thread with any feedback or bug reports.
    • Like x 1
  2. GothamKnight38 Active Player

Brilliant, so to confirm this is going to be permanent content for the game and the content, rewards, feats will increase well into the future as you add additional storylines like you have planned with Part 2 and Part 3 ?
    • Like x 1
  3. JackFrost Developer

Yeah, this is planned as permanent content for the game. There will be additional rewards that should go live with parts 2 and 3. After that I don't believe we intend to add more rewards to this content. After the 3 parts of this content are out, we plan on releasing new stuff that isn't a direct continuation of this story-line.
    • Like x 6
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

i am glad that this "event" is here to stay ^^
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

awesome news!
  6. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Where will this permenant event be placed at on the On Duty menu?
  7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Cool, so basically like the open-world version of New Genesis, etc. is still around to run (though that was part of an episode and this is not, of course)?
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    I ran into Hank Henshaw on a random rooftop and I'm wondering what his purpose is:

He didn't move the entire time and only fired off an occasional attack at me. It took several minutes, but I eventually killed him.
    • Like x 1
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    While running the Doomed Metropolis (Part 2) mission, is Security Captain Smith supposed to have any text/audio? When I talked to him to pick and and turn in the mission, there was no audio/subtitles. Oracle was always talking over top of him. That wasn't the case with the other NPC quest givers.
    • Like x 1
  10. Belthazur Dedicated Player

He is 1 of 2 Bounties
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Thanks.

I don't think he is behaving correctly for that particular spawn spot though.
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Can we get some additional "Civilian" spawns?
    [IMG]

These guys seem to be rather sparse depending on where you are looking.

Also, the Iconics share the same icon. I can see that causing some confusion.
    • Like x 2
  13. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Totally Agree. These seems Far and few between...WHEN this hits live this mission will become Impossible
  14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    These Iconic heroes aren't very reliable. I keep finding the same iconics laying around the area within seconds of each other. Here is an example with Guy Gardner:

30 seconds later and I see him again.
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    The LexCorp Security Agents seem awfully passive:

Are they part of another mission?
  16. Charon Lead Content Designer

He may have been stuck on/near that downed aircraft. I'll look at it on Monday.

• Like x 1
  17. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Here is another example of glitching Doomsday:

One thing I've noticed is that you are fairly safe if you stay on a rooftop. Doomsday can't reach you that way and you only take small DoT damage.
    • Like x 1
  19. Hraesvelg Always Right

I'm not getting any quest rewards from Ambush Bug as a villain.
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Same thing happened to me on Hero-side.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.