Munitions: A preliminary guide/discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Roomba, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Jaguars0408 Level 30

How is munitions these days?
  2. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Very, very good.
  3. Tocimus Committed Player

so what's a dps loadout looking like these days? not much chat about it since the revamp.

im currently running sgl, chain gun, rails, mini nuke, robo sidekick, sc.
    working on a single target loadout but i always seem to be happier with the multi.
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Other than replacing KI with a burning applicator, Munitions is pretty much exactly the same as it was before the revamp. Shotgun, mini-nuke and small package are legitimate options for your rotation now, but if you want to continue using the channels, you might consider empowered channeling over max damage. Now that Bullet Frenzy is gone, all of those things are now compatible with empowered channeling.
  5. Tocimus Committed Player

While its old info, i thought i had read shotgun wasnt worthwhile anymore.
    Does the combo do significant dmg?
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s the 100 spammer, so no it’s not going to help you top the scoreboard, but well...
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

C'mon now, don't spread bad info on powers. Shotgun was literally killed during revamp. Munitions doesn't have, nor does it need, a viable 100 power It can spam.
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

As someone who trolls I’d really appreciate it if people did use their 100 spammers, tanks and healers never get my power dumps :(
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, don't use shotgun, it's trash. Channels is where it's at with munitions. There are a few different LO you can run. The ones I use are

Multi - SGL, 5bmg, chain gun, railguns, robot sidekick, and biggun
    Single - SGL, chain gun, railguns, small package, robot sidekick, and biggun.

This is what I enjoy, and yes I use the channel hand mod. Your either going to sacrifice 2% damage, or stop NPC from countering you all the time. It's worth it.

You can also switch out powers for your preference. I like 5bmg, but some like 50cal. Both fit well here. Some like mininuke, but I find it a power drain. Also not able to run robot sidekick and nuke. You'll be out of power all the time.

As for the SC. I love biggun. Love it. My buddy starting running shoulder mounted turret and he thinks it's better just because of being used more often.
    • Like x 1
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Well, as someone that trolls, tanks, and dps. I appreciate dps doing their job efficiently and quickly. The shot gun is not just a 100 power. It's a combo power. Muntions is not a combo power, at all. It makes no sense in a correct muntions dps loadout as PffT.

FYI, if people use more channel moves, it uses less power overall. If people use powers correctly, you shouldn't have any issues powering the group.
  11. Tocimus Committed Player

Thank you.
    I've been wondering about biggun vs turrent.
    I feel like chaingun does the most dmg out of the casts.

Sniper throws me off as it is 1 chance to crit vs the others multiple crit chances. Does it crit that much higher?
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Dunno. I don't like 50cal. Yes, chain gun is the best. The others are just fillers basically. I did use nuke, but I like robot sidekick better. So I went with 5bmg. The channel saves power, but not necessarily the top dmg either. It's just easy 1234, and placement.

My buddy says the turret SC is better. I might switch. Dunno. I love biggun. :)
  13. Tocimus Committed Player

Ohh ok so you skipped nuke and got a 3rd channel.
    I got one of the nuke mods so it's cd is fast enough that i get an extra one in.
    So im guessing you're using the supercharged biggun mod instead?
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Yes, I use biggun. Yes, I got rid of nuke. It does ok on trash NPC in hallways, but very lackluster on bosses. Plus it costs to much power. Running that with robot sidekick with keep you power empty and you'll end up weapon tapping for power. I have always carried robot sidekick with muntions, and other powers that don't have pets. It's basically a zero power cost dot that lasts the entire raid.

What s nice about muntions is, you can play how you want and still do decent damage.
  15. Version San Diego Active Player

I have been running a little different LO on my muni alt that I have come to like. Shrapnel, Flak, Chain grenade, Chain Gun, 5 barrel, and turret.
  16. Tocimus Committed Player

care to explain why you have 3 pi applicators? does it work as 3 dots?
  17. Version San Diego Active Player

Yes the burning stacks
    • Like x 1
  18. Tocimus Committed Player

i'll have to try that out
  19. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Muntions only has 1 PI now, which is fire. Just a FYI.

Pretty sure fire dots don't stack like that either. Either way, the dot you get from burning things is so small that it doesn't matter.
  20. Version San Diego Active Player

You do get the 3 dots with muni. This is just one of the load outs I like to run, not really worried about max damage load outs. I do just fine with the damage and just enjoy this one for whatever reason. Most of the time I am trolling with it anyway.