Spring seasonal instance

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Fatal Star, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

There's not an official thread for it which is why i'm making this one.

The difficulty seems toned fine finally, but I have a question regarding the dispensers, is it intended to just talk the hazmat guys and swamp thing is debuffed no matter where he is in the room? Last time I ran this you had to drag him to the dispenser.

Other then that nothing seemed out of the ordinary, he wasn't hitting too hard or anything
    • Like x 1
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

It is intended, yeah. It was a change made last year on the 19th of April 2017 test server hotfix:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/test-server-hotfix-april-19-2017.286051/
    • Like x 2
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m glad someone took the prerogative to test it and make this thread, but considering you thought Mr. Freeze was fine, my butthole remains firmly clenched :p
    • Like x 1
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I was one of the first ones to say something about his damage being too high....I just wasn't screaming "end of the world" over it like a few people were lol.

Swamp thing is fine though, nothing game breaking
    • Like x 1
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

• Like x 2
  6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I figured I'd post this here, to avoid creating too many threads

Swamp Thing Status Information Is Sometimes Broken
    I'm referring to the on-screen pop-up which tells you whether Swamp Thing is invincible or not. Sometimes the information on screen isn't accurate to Swamp Thing's status, especially towards the end of the fight.

When he takes only 1 damage, I've witnessed the "The Technician releases antigen to weaken Swamp Thing" message, only for the "Swamp Thing is back to full Strength" message to display as soon as it goes.

The timing seems to be off. Could it be that the lifespan of the message doesn't match up with the duration of Antigen, causing a backlog of messages to be displayed, resulting in a mis-match on the information being shown?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swamp Thing's Possibly Overtuned
    I ran this a few times tonight to see how things are going. You may want to take a look at Swamp Thing's attacks, especially the weapon combos, as they seem to be doing a bit too much damage.

Here's a brief summary of the numbers I was seeing:
    • Melee Attack
    • Launching Uppercut
    • Haymaker
    • Ground Slam
    • Double Fist
    • Backfist
    • Charge Attack
    Swamp Thing enjoys doing Melee Attack 3x, Launching Uppercut into Haymaker. This combo in one of my attempts took me from full health down to around 15% health, which was from a Health pool of about 4,000.
    All of the above information comes from a run which didn't feature a Tank, nor was Swamp Thing debuffed in any way. We had the passive bonus for the group lacking a Tank when I got all those numbers, so I imagine it'll be worse if there's a Tank in the group.
    One thing I'd add, though, is that if you're a skilled player, with a solid rotation, playing with other similar players, you probably won't experience any issues taking him down. So I wouldn't say it's game breaking.
    • Like x 1