All DLC's - Omnipotence Collections and Their Rarity

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Macromedia, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Macromedia New Player

Since the Amazon Fury Part 3 DLC, we have had a numerous amount of OP collections at the vendor and the new content that's being released. Unfortunately in the DLCs the drop rate has been unbelievably low apart from the Earth 3 one which has been surprisingly well for most players. For old content I suggest that the OP collection drop should be higher, which will persuade more players to re-run that episode, making the game more enjoyable and less worrying about what kind of items or style you're going to get. On the Public Test Server, I've "farmed" the Rise Of the Bat Alert (ROTB) around 20-50+ times just trying to get that certain collection, I've also "farmed" the new Radio Starro weekly mission, opening more than 60 boxes and still haven't gotten anything. It's a shame that players have to be frustrated by not getting a certain item they need when they could if the content was changed slightly. Thank you for looking at my thead! -Howl
  2. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Quick question. Why run it on test when its better to run it on live servers? Or do you play free on the test server?
    • Like x 1
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

Sorry but its the best item in the game, there will be a low low low low drop rate.
  4. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Once again people using test to play the game instead of paying for it . Angry about broken content because it wasn't tested right then look for the OP.
    • Like x 2
  5. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

I've never gotten a OP anything other than Amazon 3s OP neck (which became Obsolete btw, yeah I was pissed) BUT I still don't complain because it makes me feel better when I destroy the people who does have them.

As for if the drop needs changed,. I really wouldn't know because I normally don't get them anyway. I received 4 pieces for my OP neck and brought the rest from the broker. That ain't going to happen again. Biggest waste of my hard earned money. I had it for about a month before it became useless.

I also believe, OP'S are supposed to be rare items and isn't meant to be owned by everyone. What would be better is if they wasn't locked to a single toon. That way they can never feel like a waste of effort because you can give them to an alt. It would also give incentive to run older content to gain those low level OP items like KCT, Rip in time,. Ect.
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I think once an OP item is no longer the highest level item in its slot, it should have its collections drop rate raised SIGNIFICANTLY, just so people can still get the feats.
    • Like x 6
  7. Dene Devoted Player

You could do 1 instance/boss a million times and may newer get the collection you want - why? Because it may not be in its' loot table, so it is going to to seem worse
  8. VioletSorceress Committed Player

It would be nice to up the drop rate of older content once new DLC arrives.
    • Like x 4
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This is a great idea. However, devs may feel that people who only go after the OP item for the feat in the first place might decide to just wait a while.

But, a good compromise might be to wait something like 3 episodes, and then make the change (similar to what they did with vendor gear costs.)

So, right now, for exampke, AoJ OP items would become far easier to obtain via collections, though the final collection piece in the vendor might not drop too much in price.
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Participation in content drops significantly once endgamers no longer earn Marks of Victory from it. This is usually at the same time that episode’s OP gear becomes obsolete. At that point I believe all vendor costs should be reduced and all collections drops raised in frequency. It’s neither fair nor realistic to expect people playing catch-up to grind that content as hard as we did when it was endgame.

By the way, I subbed to your Youtube to thank you for all the times you’ve fought my corner for me, even when I’ve been talking utter nonsense because I’m salty. :)
    • Like x 1
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Thanks, don't expect a lot, lol (from my YouTube channel). The only reason I have it is to upload videos that I put in posts on the forums, lol. I'm not really a big video maker like Magneto.
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I am but only between episodes :D
    • Like x 1
  13. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I'm still hoping that the devs add Collections to the Quark Vendor for individual sale (not in yet another RNG box).
  14. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

Devs can you add the styles of the old OP items to the quark vendor?
    Everything from the Prime Helm to Rip Hunter's Gloves.
    I'd gladly save up Quarks to collect those.
  15. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I don't ever expect to get any op items so I don't even bother trying. But don't like the idea it's connected to a feat. Should of been like the prime helmet, no feat but stronger gear item.
  16. Sigeci Well-Known Player

is it possible for op collections to drop running the event versions on my low level alts?
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

No. :(