Marketplace Cash

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by mattyice, Apr 4, 2018.

1. mattyice Active Player

So I bought a one month membership, the $14.99 subscription. And as I understood it I gained access to multiple things like episodes, more item storage space, and 500 MC.

Well I was just scrolling through the Marketplace a little bit ago (never really looked because I was focusing on leveling my character up) just to see what was in there and I noticed that I don't have any MC at all.

Did I misunderstand the subscription perks or is this a glitch? MC wasn't the only reason for my subscription but I still feel like it would be something worth having.
  2. not_again Dedicated Player

Are you PlayStation, Xbox, or PC? PC is the only platform to get marketplace cash. Xbox and PlayStation receive loyalty points to be used at a vendor in the police stations and night clubs.
    • Like x 2
  3. Entrust Committed Player

You need to claim the 500 Station Cash that you get with your membership each month. Go into the marketplace menu and click on the upper right-hand side of the menu.
    • Like x 2
  4. mattyice Active Player

I’m on PlayStation. So I wouldn’t have any marketplace cash to begin with? Just loyalty points, correct?
  5. mattyice Active Player

I’m on PlayStation, so is that accurate for that too?
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Ok just to clear this up because the terminology here is all over the place: Marketplace Cash (MC) is only on PS4 and Xbox One. Daybreak Cash (DBC) is the name of the currency on PC. Station Cash no longer exists, but was the old name for the currency on PC.

If you subscribe on Xbox One or PS4 you get Loyalty Points instead of MC. It's something to do with Daybreak not being able to grant MC because of PSN and Xbox Live.
    • Like x 2
  7. Proxystar #Perception

No if you're playatation you're given loyalty points. There's a vendor in a police station somewhere where you can spend it.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

You can purchase MC outside of your subscription, but your subscription only grants you Loyalty Points. You, unfortunately, cannot combine the two currencies.
    I'm not sure if PS4 players have to manually redeem Loyalty Points like PC players have to redeem their monthly DBC. Easiest way to check is to go into your currency tab and check if you have 500 LP. If you don't then you have to claim it from the marketplace.
  9. Entrust Committed Player

I'm on PC, I think things work different between the two.

PS has loyalty points & a separate vendor in the watchtower/HoD.

As far as I know it's one or the other. If you're PS, you don't get station cash, just loyalty points.

A PS player can probably give better details.
  10. mattyice Active Player

Thank you for clearing up the different types of currency, I was trying to separate the two but didn’t quite know the difference.
    • Like x 1