CR means nothing. I still out damage people Grow up

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aqua Surge, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

So I took a break and came back to do triple marks. Just becuase I'm 219 CR doesn't mean I'm not skilled or inexperience. I've been out damaging people higher than me and I have 363 skill points. Combat rating does not matter. Grow up. :rolleyes:

Yet people in this game still have that mindset
    • Like x 2
  2. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Combat rating increases survivability. Experience increases survivability, too. The combination of both is awesome, but experience often wins out over combat rating.

I recently gained access to Time-Torn Area 51 for the first time. I went in there wearing a 176 equipped combat rating. I was invited a bounty group against a Paradox Warrior bounty. I was the only one who knew how to avoid his ball attacks while the 215+ players were wiped out. Guess people don't run Paradox Wave anymore. ;)
    • Like x 2
  3. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I stopped caring about damage numbers when AMs and CR differential broke the game, haven't cared since.
    • Like x 1
  4. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Shouldn't be a surprise to do that as fast as it is to get the CR up.

Dev's been pushing people to end game so the queues would be popping and to sell the new hotness, those new players don't know skill.

They think skill is beating the content and getting gear they don't care about being stronger or using a proper loadout.

Heck most think they will carry somebody else with a low CR because they have a higher CR.

I can't say it is something to brag about you maybe over skilled for the game now, lol.

Although it was easy mode for the longest it is awfully hard to establish if they earned their way through being carried or if they breezed through when the game helped so many to catch up to where you were before the break.
    • Like x 1
  5. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I'm just going to do the normal raid a few times to get the normal gear feats then jump into elite again to make those randoms happy. Need to take advantage of the triple marks while I can. Can't wait for the new episode. I won't have to go through this again for being kicked out the group.

Will run with my league in a bit though later this week. :)
  6. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yea when im 221 and 227s are getting killed by ultramans laser, repeatedly.....how am i supposed to reconcile that?

I'm prettt humble for someone that knows so much about this game. I should be a DC celebrity....
  7. C3alix Committed Player

For the longest, we've been saying CR is nothing more than a reflection of gear and skill points do not always equal player's actual skills.
    • Like x 1
  8. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Well really CR itself doesn't matter. CR is only a count of the average number of the gear you have acquired. And CR is permanent, it doesn't go down, so wearing lower/crappy gear has no effect on your CR once you've gained it.

Now what does matter is the stats of your gear. Gear is the primary source of your stats, so the better the gear the stronger you are. SP just adds icing to the cake.
    • Like x 1
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yes, because 219 is way, way below the max CR of this episode, lol. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  10. Tilz Loyal Player

Made a group for Pano Elite yesterday with the league and needed 2 random DDs.. one of my leaguemates was cr 218.. the 228 asked: 218 too low for Pano Elite??
    Our entire league was laughing xD
    • Like x 3
  11. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Higher CR, more SP, and better mods only shift your high and low water marks in a positive direction. Player ability dictates where you fall in that range... as does a small bit of luck with respect to the RNG.
    • Like x 1
  12. Xibo Loyal Player

Is not a rule but normally more CR means more SP as said before and is not easy to beat a player CR 228 in normal conditions.
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

Out damaging higher cr people doesnt say anything without the full context,was it regular or elite content, had that guy to go afk for what ever reasons at some point or got one shooted early in boss fights by crap mechanics like triple mines on iceblock or lasso+heatvision combos or got he killed cause his teammates sucked and he actually got killed while he was picking up or did he play risky like meleeing cause he had faith in the ppl playing support roles and got destroyed or or or or so many other reasons or like maybe he just sucked.

But overall CR means something it increases the survivability in general.
  14. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Depends on the power the 228 has and the lower CR toon has. Some powers just outperform, even at lower CRs with lower SP and weaker or even no mods, even when the 228 is using an optimal loadout. Can some of it be attributed to player ability? Sure... but I also see it as some imbalances in the powers, random luck (RNG dictating who has a crit and when and for how much), and who knows what else...
  15. Entrust Committed Player

I'm also a returning player, so often the lowest CR in the group, beta mods installed, and oh yeah I'm a Nature DPS. So if I out-damage other DPS I do a little happy dance.

I must have been on break when nature got it's chance to be OP, but at least electric finally got its turn. ;)
  16. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Took me a while to understand why you started the thread.. Welcome to the wonderful world of DCUO snobbery. Yeah there are still players out there that decide to form a team and have just an entire list of what anyone should have to join their team.

1. CR.. should be within 1-2 of the content no longer even being relevant
    2. SP... wait you don't have more than 300? SP OMG you can't possibly do any good
    3. Support roles.. Where to start here? Tanks, Trolls and Healer have no business on a duo. All we need to complete an alert is 1 healer. All we need on this raid is one tank, one healer and MAYBE one troll.

LOL Best part is normally when a "team leader" has a whole list of team member requirements it usually works out that that guy is looking for a huge bunch of players to carry his sorry butt because he doesn't have that CR or SP.

If your getting kicked off teams at CR 219 you are playing with idiots. I've been on RAIDS at Cr 207 and did just fine. Did I do the most damage? No but then if I am 207 and some one is 224 if I am out damaging them.. THEY suck not me. Of course on a number of those because not another player on that raid was able to I WAS the healer and amazingly between my heal over time and two different shields not a sole even came close to dying. Good grief you are 5 whole CR from being as high in combat rating as possible without OP gear. Hope you find some better team mates
    • Like x 2
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

....Good for you I guess? It felt like you took this opportunity more so to brag, then to prove that cr isn't really important lol
    • Like x 1
  18. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

19. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

Thread #735473429 on the subject. Nothing but respect for you
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

If he's getting into groups where out-damaging other players is important anyway, that's doesn't say much.

"I'm CR 218 and I know how to stay alive and help the team!" would have been a better title for the thread.
    • Like x 1