Time Capsule Resurgence 2018: Sinceriously?!?!?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jack T. Chance, Mar 21, 2018.

1. lukelucky Devoted Player

I like they garuntee u a power aura but once again we get cheated with zero control over which 1 we get. Spend your money DO NOT GET WHAT U WANT. Sad
  2. lukelucky Devoted Player

Its a great deal i almost support until it accured to me u can drop a hundred dollars and not get the one single aura u want

If you pay $120 a year why are we then tazked to play pretend stock broker to get what we want? Action mmo is what this game was. The premiums are suppose to be tasked with work arounds while our subs protect us yet we get to spend our money and most likely end up empty handed
    • Like x 1
  3. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Spend your money, trade what you get for what you want.
  4. velvetsanity Loyal Player

If you don’t get what you want, find someone who’s willing to trade it for one of the things you don’t want, sell the rest, use the money for collection pieces. :)
    • Like x 1
  5. lukelucky Devoted Player

Both these comments ring true and make me sad.

Creating these feelings amongst your customer base zimply is not good.

Dcuo has a small percent of people who actually spend money on the game

MAYBE COOL POWER BASED AURAS IN THE MARKET PLACE WOULD BE SOMETHING TO GET THOSE NEW PEOPLE TO OPEN THE WALLETS. We know more options greatens the chance but why grow the population? Who needs an influx of new players
  6. lukelucky Devoted Player

I pay my sub then atop of it i give u hard earned money and then u want me to have to wheel and deal to MAYBE get what i want?
    Uh this is why plenty of us are former players, watchtower is a ghost town and such
    • Like x 1
  7. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Watchtower is a ghost town? Odd, before I put a broker in my lair last month I generally had to fight through a crowd to access it in the Watchtower without accidentallly triggering duel requests.
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

To me, the MP versions have something of a bonus to them considering they WON'T disappear after 14 days like the dropped Mega-Capsules, so you can buy the number you want and open them at your leisure without having to worry about them going "poof" from your inventory.

Besides, if it's pretty much a wash financially, that means it comes down to what works best for the individual player. If someone wants to keep stockpiling Stabilizers/fragments (via the duo) for the next TC, they can just buy the Mega-Capsule directly. Those that want to just get Stabilizers can do so as well.

Finally, as odd as it may sound considering we're talking about digital items, I kind of like the idea of buying them directly from the Marketplace a little better than buying Stabilizers. Even though it's digital, you end up with something a bit more tangible in your inventory with a purchase like the Mega-Capsule or a Booster Bundle, while Stabilizers just get added to your currency. I've always preferred getting physical media when it comes to stuff like games, books, movies or music and a Mega-Capsule purchase from the MP fits into that mold better than a Stabilizer purchase.
    • Like x 1
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

No, i'm not pretty much getting that anyway. Are you seriously telling me that it's not enough if I was willing to pay up to 8 dollars for a separate aura off the Marketplace? Reality checks, reality checks for everyone.

This deal is decent on paper, but it's a ploy. I like the Booster Bundle concept with a guaranteed aura box that delivers a guaranteed chance at atleast 1 aura, but it will cost me 7 bucks for a random aura that comes with TC's I don't even want to or need to open. If I could actually choose my 9 TC's this deal would have been sweeter.

This is only made to squeeze out the remaining stabilizers people have saved up until they release the next, actual time capsule filled with feats again that people keep complaining about, so that once again people will have to spend even more money. I don't need 1 of each TC forced on me, when I can use all my stabilizers opening that one TC that I need.

Lol might even make a profit, that's a good one! :D Even if I spent all my stabs on ONE TC I'd need a miracle to make a profit, the odds of getting something useful out of any 1 TC we get here, well, you know how small of a chance it is.
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I can understand that kind of frustration. But I made my peace with RNG long ago in another game, so for me it's not as big of an issue as it is for others. It still gets frustrating (I'm not a robot, after all LOL) but I've learned to laugh about it as much as I can. Plus the devs allowing for those items to be traded as an alternative way of getting them does help lessen the frustration for me a bit.
    • Like x 4
  11. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

ikr, because personally I want the Gadgets aura, but the odds are just..... nevermind.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

[IMG]
  13. Zneeak Devoted Player

Well it's the usual deal. Some people don't care to even question the situation as long as there is a shiny aura in there somewhere deep into the abyss that they like. That shiny aura justifies throwing money at the screen and not questioning if there was actually a better way to implement something that people have basically been asking for since launch. o_O
  14. DarkAya Dedicated Player

I feel like powerset based auras should be in the marketplace so new players could get them at anytime, but at least they put those modular versions (I think) in qwark vendor and you can pick the one you really want.
  15. Dene Devoted Player

Reality check? You just said you were willing to pay $8.00 to ONLY get the one aura you want - instead of $7.00 for one aura that you could swap + 9 unlocked capsules

It is & 10x better than just getting an aura for 1 more dollar

So? Sell the stuff you don't want - why are you so hung up on getting these extra things ? Do you hate TCs so much that getting 9 unlocked ones to open is so abhorrent to you? You want them removed because of some "ploy"? but would pay a dollar extra just so there "ploy" didn't work?

BTW: the 2 or 3 i'll be buying are direct with daybreak cash.. so the "ploy" will not work as my stabiliser stash will not be touched - i'm betting a lot will do the same

Might = Maybe or possibly - Profit from TCs is not that much of a stretch, myself and others have definitely made profit.

Anyway - I am fairly certain if I open 2 or 3 that I *might* get the 2 or 3 auras I want, if I do not I will sell any items I do not want and buy things I want e.g. the 2 or 3 auras I didn't get + make a profit from the extra stuff

Reasons/ploys/theories aside - it works for me on paper.
  16. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

The only reason I do like it is due to regional familiarity lol. Im from the NorthWest so those are the colors I see everyday, but I understand its not aesthetically pleasing to all.
    • Like x 2
  17. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

With this even free players can grind a free aura and they are still complaining?!
    • Like x 1
  18. Dene Devoted Player

My bet is you'll have one quite quickly... in 24 hours there will be auras everywhere in the broker
    • Like x 1
  19. Zneeak Devoted Player

That's right, reality check. Answer the question, is 5-8 dollars not enough to justify someone wanting to buy the aura they want off the Marketplace?

I don't need you to try and sell this for me. After 9 TC's i'm well aware of the odds and so should you be by now. Come on, focus on the point instead of trying to play that silly "hate" card. Not sure what's so hard to grasp, the odds of getting absolute crap out of each and everyone of those 9 "oh gosh darnit such a MEGA deal" capsules are extremely high. You know it, I know it. Hence the suggestion of actually allowing us to chose the TC we wish to open instead of forcing 1 of each on us.

I don't care if you and a couple of others have made profit, think about those without godgiven luck or mortgage money ready to spend on a video game and you'll see things from a perspective a lot of others have.

I'm sure a lot of people will NOT want to buy heaps and heaps of Mega boxes off the Marketplace just to save stabs, we just had a new Booster Bundle that had people spend money. Rethink that for a second.

It works for you on paper, YOU can make profit, but it would've worked for everyone if it was on the MP. Just sayin'.
    • Like x 1
  20. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Let me get this straight, you like Booster Bundles because you pay $10 and get a random aura/material, but you don't like this mega capsule because you pay $7 and get a random aura? In the BBs, the style items have different chances of dropping, so the thing you want may be a rare drop. In the mega capsule, all auras have the SAME chance of dropping....

You basically just said "I like to pay more for a an uneven/lower chance at what I want."