Time Capsule Resurgence 2018: Sinceriously?!?!?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jack T. Chance, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Ully Committed Player

Its guaranteed, you just can't pick the aura you want. Community asks for less RNG, we get more.
    • Like x 4
  2. Ringz Dedicated Player

Ahh gotcha..

Man, sometimes I wish I could join the devs laughter as they discuss implementing this stuff. Its like playing the sims. What a bummer :(
    • Like x 1
  3. inferno Loyal Player

I almost choked when i first read the OP, 7 stabilizers to open one??

But after watching the livestream. I think we need to add that even though it takes 7 keys to open you get 9 open TCs AND a power-based aura. I actually think that's a freaking good deal. It would have been a GREAT deal if we had a choice of which type of TCs are opened and we get to choose the aura AND if this wasn't on a limited time offer.

Will mega-capsules only drop within certain dates? and then disappear?
    • Like x 7
  4. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

It is in fact, the least expensive time capsule yet. For 7 stabilizers you unlock 9 boxes and get a power aura box.

It saves you 2 dollars worth of stabilizers.

you can also purchase it directly. at a discount for legendary members.

the auras do not have feats attached to them.

For those of us who've previously bought a lot of stabilizers and have a large amount of quarks just sitting there, we can get plenty of these auras without opening another box. in fact, we can even get the one we want.

I really don't see how this is a bad thing.

Except y'all saw time capsule in the title mega time capsule, and saw that 7 stabilizer price tag, and didn't bother to do the math. just went straight to compalining.
    • Like x 8
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

Heh, I get the feeling that this Resurgence is done just so people who have saved up Stabilizers for a while for when the next TC comes will want to spend them all on this, then a couple of weeks later the next, actual TC lands pushing for people to spend even more money.
    • Like x 3
  6. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

you can get he exact aura you want off the quark vendor.
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

False. Not the full body-versions.
    • Like x 6
  8. Harlequin Devoted Player

More gambling to go with the gambling in the gambling crates? Nope, don't regret cancelling one bit.

What is so hard about straight-up selling something?
    • Like x 6
  9. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Okay, my mistake. you can get all but the full body auras directly through the quark and buy the rest off the broker. still don't have to open a mega time capsule.

Next.
  10. Harlequin Devoted Player

It's awesome that you have farmed up so many quarks just by playing the game.

Oh, wait...
    • Like x 7
  11. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

What is there to complain about? You spend your real money how you like...nobody is forcing you.

You really think they were going to let you get away with new styles/feats without a paywall? LOL this is dcuo
    • Like x 1
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yes, trying to make money, imagine that. o_O:D
  13. Zneeak Devoted Player

Next? Really? :p Lol with your know it all-attitude strutting around pretending to be a dev, one would expect you to atleast have your facts straight when passive aggressively defending every move happening.

Next.
    • Like x 4
  14. Dene Devoted Player

Exactly right, a player who has a few spare quarks, could get everything they want with in game cash and their spare quarks and not open even 1 new capsule.

The broker will be interesting to see supply and demand of certain auras. If the RNG aspect is equal (1/17 chance) then it will be the community who decides the worth of certain ones and drives the market for certain ones
    • Like x 2
  15. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

I've been playing the game for seven years straight and manage five characters at endgame level.

I'm sorry you really wish the game has a business model that literally died like 6 years ago, where everything is obtainable through play, but that's not how it is. that's not how its been for a while.

I'm happy to spend my leisure money that I earned in any way I see fit, with no apologies to you or anyone else who have a problem with it.

Don't deign to talk down to me about how much I play because you're a chump who quits every few months when he decides his feelings are hurt because he might have to actually spend money to obtain something from a business.

Grow up. Stop coming off as petty and envious, which is exactly how this post sounds.
    • Like x 4
  16. Kzinti Committed Player

that fire aura is awesome!
    • Like x 5
  17. Proxystar #Perception

If you're already buying stabilizers and opening capsules, sure the deal is a little better, but its not without its barbs and it doesn't change what the capsules actually were/are in the first place.

one example of a barb is that you are told which capsules your 7 stabilizers will open which actually reduces the odds of getting what you want/need because you can't target the capsule you might specifically want.

it's still a **** shoot in terms of the odds, it's just they've chucked a bonus power aura box in there.

There's two targets here, players who are behind on capsules and longer standing players who are being sold simply and RNG aura for $7.

I'm interested from an experimental perspective to see how exactly this pans out, I'll be watching it for sure - it's still gambling by the way ;)
    • Like x 5
  18. Dene Devoted Player

This is one change I would have liked - would have been great for people who are chasing that one last collection or two etc
    • Like x 2
  19. Dene Devoted Player

It is my opinion that it will become the coveted one.. the one that is expensive etc LOL
    • Like x 3
  20. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Dude, you're literally in another thread wondering if the gear that becomes available in one week will be obsolete three weeks later.

One doesn't need a dev to figure the answer out to that.

Just a small bit of critical thinking and a dose of common sense.

All I hear from folks like you is ways to complain and things to whine about, many of which are as realistic as your belief that they're going to cut the monetary legs of their next episode out from under itself to push an event 3 weeks later.

Give me a break.

You can get any and all of these auras without ever opening a box, and y'all are STILL complaining.

It's just sad.

So yup, Next.